Whats the one thing in cozumel not to miss

jj1975

well after i get my cigars whats the one thing me and my dw need to do while in cozumel

To me....in all the years we have been going to Cozumel...

the coolest thing we have done was hire Gerry for 3 hours and go over to the EAST side.

Gerry will pick you up right at the pier and bring you back .....

The East side is:

Primitive......(no power or water)

Some neat little bars over there....

Great surf and soft sand (but to dangerous to swim in)

The Surf shoots up through the rock.....

3 hours is $95.00 for up to 4 people and Gerry speaks great English. He will even bring an icechest and you can stop at the grocery and grab some ice and beer.

cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com

Mike handles the reservations because while Gerry speaks great English...written English is a little more tricky.

To me....in all the years we have been going to Cozumel...

the coolest thing we have done was hire Gerry for 3 hours and go over to the EAST side.

Gerry will pick you up right at the pier and bring you back .....

The East side is:

Primitive......(no power or water)

Some neat little bars over there....

Great surf and soft sand (but to dangerous to swim in)

The Surf shoots up through the rock.....

3 hours is $95.00 for up to 4 people and Gerry speaks great English. He will even bring an icechest and you can stop at the grocery and grab some ice and beer.

cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com

Mike handles the reservations because while Gerry speaks great English...written English is a little more tricky.

thanks alot that does sound fun i have been b4 and i did not know that about the other side of the island

well after i get my cigars whats the one thing me and my dw need to do while in cozumel

Number one thing is make it back on the boat. But before you do there is a lot of good to great snorkeling and scuba out on the reef. Many vendors and skill levels. Have a great time.

100% rent a jeep!!! you can do this ahead of time through Alamo (I think) or you can grab one as soon as you get off the ship. We rented one (with no top of course) and drove ourselves to the other side of the island. They give you a map but it is just one big circle. It was absolutely breathtaking!!!! We had a blast, stopped at some of the little beer huts along the way. It was about $85 for the day. We were there from 10-7. Do it!!!

The one thing that you absolutely don't want to miss is::::::The SHIP when she sails away from Cozumel! They say the view of it sailing over the horizon is beautiful, but I personally don't want to experience that. We've seen a whole bunch of folks who have been aboard the "Rum Boat", and at "Carlos & Charlies" running up (some crawling up) the pier to catch the ship, so SERIOUSLY,,,,stay on ships time, and give yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship.

"SKY"

Whats the one thing in cozumel not to miss?

The reefs. Columbia, Plancar and Punta Sur to name just a few. They are world class. Don your mask and gear to see the greatest show on earth! :)

Another vote for Nacchi Cocom! After 3 visits it remains an all time cruise favorite. Great food, wonderful beach and solid service.

Nice to hear. DW just booked this for us a few minutes ago!!!! :D:p:eek:

100% rent a jeep!!! you can do this ahead of time through Alamo (I think) or you can grab one as soon as you get off the ship. We rented one (with no top of course) and drove ourselves to the other side of the island. They give you a map but it is just one big circle. It was absolutely breathtaking!!!! We had a blast, stopped at some of the little beer huts along the way. It was about $85 for the day. We were there from 10-7. Do it!!!

Be real careful if you do this. An accident in Mexico is considered a criminal matter and the police are known for expecting bribes to let you go and get on your ship.

There was a thread on cc about a year ago about someone's experience after a very minor accident and no way will I drive in Mexico now.

Cozumel was the last stop of a 7 day for us. . . we used this port to just have fun and play on the beach (very rocky).

We took a cab to the market area and just walked around before heading toward the airport and the beach ares - there are cabanas that are operated along that strip and they will take good care of you while you hang out.

So my suggestion will always be - to drink plenty of Sol beer, eat some indigenous food and have the time of your life!!!!!!!!

:) :D :)

OK so I am a party animal - this may not work for everyone :D

Whats the one thing in cozumel not to miss

I've yet to find it.

My best experiences was sitting at the end of the pier, drinking foo foos at Fat Tuesdays, but then it blew away.

I second Carlos and Charlies...never go to Cozumel without a yard glass of Strawberry Margharitas and a few shots!:p

And we usually rent a scooter too, but obviously I am the passenger after my drinks...:rolleyes:

And we have done the Isla Passion and that is really cool too...:o

Agree on renting a jeep, we rented one when we got off the ship from avis for $40 for all day. We went to the other side of the island and tried a few restaurants and bars, playa bonita was one, very good authentic food and great view. The best part on this side was the water and beachs are amazing, on the side where the ship is we stopped on the way back to town and went to a few beaches and bars there. However, most were full of seaweed. There was one beach i cannot remember the name of it, that was free, had free snorkeling, peacocks on the beach, and was crystal clear, that we stopped by that would be great to swing by. It was one right before carlos and charlies cause we went there after and had free tequila shots!!

Archived