I Don't want Shrek

Just so we can remember what we are all fighting about...lol. From the press release...

On tap are:

star2.bmp Opportunities for character interaction, day and night, including parades

star2.bmp Character meals in the main dining room

star2.bmp A new lineup of movie-themed games and adventures in the Adventure Ocean kids' program

star2.bmp DreamWorks Animation movies on the big screen -- in 3D

star2.bmp Special character shows in the Studio B ice rink (such as "How to Train Your Dragon") and AquaTheater

All that having been said, you have a beautiful family

And thank you :)

I don't have kids and I'm looking forward to seeing cartoon characters aboard RC ships :D

I feel bad when people complain about things like this, or kids on board or anything like that. Can something like this really affect your vacation negatively? You must be seriously old :confused:

So again I ask...what is the difference between a man walking around in a green suit, or a man walking around with a funnel head?

Man I tell you what, for free entertainment sometimes this site just can't be beat. Too funny...... On a recent cruise we pulled a long side to one of the old Carnival clunkers and there was this carnival whale tail head guy walking around getting photos from people disembarking. When I first saw this thread I was like no one says jack about this guy yet a Shrek people are actually having a melt down.

carnival whale tail head guy walking around getting photos from people disembarking. When I first saw this thread I was like no one says jack about this guy yet a Shrek people are actually having a melt down.

Fun Ship Freddie! Yeah I don't like him either. ;)

IMG_1213.jpg

So we have:

Carnival- Fun Ship Freddie

NCL- SpongePants & Dora

RCCL- Shrek

Disney- Mickey Mouse and crew.

Seems like RCCL is a little late joining the party so still not sure why they are being burned at the stake. If they did not happen to offer Celebrity as an alternative, I might understand but......

Travel was one of the biggest gifts my parents gave to me. To tell a parent that their values are skewed for any reason, but particularly because they want to show them the world, is incomprehensible to me.

bluegirlum, I feel the same way. My parents would take me out of elementary school for 3 weeks every year!!! Oh the horror:rolleyes:;)! I ranked very well in my graduating class and am a member of the National Honor Society. Granted, that was many moons ago, but the education that I received from traveling could NEVER be matched by any text book. I did take my school work along, as my parents let the teachers know of our plans well in advance. Middle school they would take me out for 3 months. They were snowbirds, and Naples, Florida, is where we stayed. Now for the 3 months, they would enroll me in school there. The school curriculum in Naples was slightly behind what I was doing in Pennsylvania.

As far as Shrek goes, I will be on the Allure this coming March, and I really don't care one way or another if there is a blue monster on my ship!!! That ship has plenty of other places to go, things to see and do, to worry about a character.

It's just not something that I, personally, would get my panties in a wad over.

I respect that others have a different opinion than mine. It just doesn't bother me!!!

NCL- SpongePants

SpongePants! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh and according to USA Today Travel Log, NCL just added Guitars too on Epic (I kid you not :D) rental is $10 -- you get a Gibson Guitar and an Amp as part of their "Check In and Rock Out" program. :eek:

and I really don't care one way or another if there is a blue monster on my ship!!!

Shrek is GREEN! You missed so much school that you didn't learn your colors. You poor girl! :eek: {yes I am kidding...LOL! :D}

Oh and according to USA Today Travel Log, NCL just added Guitars too on Epic (I kid you not :D) rental is $10 -- you get a Gibson Guitar and an Amp as part of their "Check In and Rock Out" program. :eek:

Are you kidding? :eek:

As far as Shrek goes, I will be on the Allure this coming March, and I really don't care one way or another if there is a blue monster on my ship!!! That ship has plenty of other places to go, things to see and do, to worry about a character.

It's just not something that I, personally, would get my panties in a wad over.

I respect that others have a different opinion than mine. It just doesn't bother me!!!

Me too. The only character that would drive me batty would be Barney.

So we have:

Carnival- Fun Ship Freddie

NCL- SpongePants & Dora

RCCL- Shrek

Disney- Mickey Mouse and crew.

Seems like RCCL is a little late joining the party so still not sure why they are being burned at the stake. If they did not happen to offer Celebrity as an alternative, I might understand but......

Great! Now if they'd make the cruise credits cover both lines, we wouldn't be stuck taking 4 more cruises just to get to Diamond and switch to Celebrity.

It says they provide headphones to not annoy your neighbors. I'm sure everyone will use them. Yea, right! Now this, I have to say, is a stupid idea. You can easily avoid mascots. Someone who thinks they are Hendrix jamming out next to you is not so avoidable.

Guess RCCL will follow with harmonica or pan flute rentals. Carnival being cost conscious will compete with the doot tew doot (cardboard left after toilet paper has been used up)

I want Transformers on my next cruise......complete with Bumble Bee and Optimus Prime. Wouldn't it be cool to think that your cab driver was really driving an Autobot who could transform and protect you in some of those "iffy" ports.....like Jamiaca? :D:D

As Prime would say, "Sometimes even the wisest of men and machines can be in error."

Wow and carnival could have the decipticons! Epic battles at sea

Carnival being cost conscious will compete with the doot tew doot (cardboard left after toilet paper has been used up)

Doot tew doot??!! Sweet mother of hilarity. Ok, I'm signing off after that one. OMG. :D:D

I agree 100%. I like cruising because I feel like it's an escape from the "everyday madness." I don't want to see cartoon characters wandering the ship. Let's hope they aren't wandering through the MDR playing with kids.

This is exactly what worries me. If they stay in the kids zone, and do a show or two for the families, then whatever. But, if they start prancing through the dining room, then I will probably not be sailing with Royal anymore.

Guess RCCL will follow with harmonica or pan flute rentals. Carnival being cost conscious will compete with the doot tew doot (cardboard left after toilet paper has been used up)

WHATTTTTT? Your blowing my mind here ... the left-over cardboard that was inside a roll of toilet paper has a name?

"I did not know that!" - J. Carson

Now if anything ever needed a name ... it would be an object that we all know and DEPEND (pun intended) on ...

and even though Doot Tew Doot ... is quite a ...ahmm HOLE FULL ... is it enons shorter than having to TOIL over saying " the cardboard left after toilet paper has been used up" ... which isn't even quite enough verbage as you never use the word "ROLL" in your definition ... making us wonder that maybe it's not just the Water that runs backwards downUnder ....

maybe there are countries out there that have a NON-ROLL ... yet still cardboard centered Toilet paper configeration. Well ... you probably just didn't say "ROLL" ... as all other shapes would eventually revert back to the trusty CIRCLE ... it a perfect invention, why reinvent the TP WEE ...I mean WHEEL ... I mean ROLL.

WELL, I can't say I didn't learn something from this thread now ... TANK U!

SPEAKING of the dreaded PAN-FLUTE ....

Ya know what would make me quite Royal C for LIfE ... NOT SHREK ... BUT JETHRO TULL! YEP, The day this prancing flutest/crap rocker is booked on the ship ... is the day I won't cruise with them ever again. OH ... and sadly I know it's coming ... the JETHROTULLIZATION of the cruise industry!

It appears as though this thread has now gone down the terlet. :D

Right from the TURRET to the TERLET ... huh DocJ!

Maybe we shouldn't be worried about Shrek et al ... but the strange ... sewage/odorous smell some have been reporting that they are smelling coming from their toilets, sinks (even in public areas) on the OASIS os.

With no more info that this ... time to make a Judgement (that's what we do around here ... and by here I mean AMERICA)

choices of who is to blame for the smell:

A. RCL ... even though they own and run the ship ... and gang of lawyers are awaiting you to choose "A" ... so they can expain to you that it would be impossible for RCL to be at fault for anything. If you would still insist on choosing "A" ... then obviously your a CC member with well over 2,000 posts, and will soon be on a HAL cruise near you.

B. The Passengers who smell it. What's the saying, "He who smelt it, dealt it" ... my dear, your theory that your #$%@ doesn't stink is not correct ...

C. Shrek ... could it be that somehow Shrek is to blame ... keep reading this thread and you'll see someone trying to pin it on him. I mean he's already single handedly ruined an entire industry be just planning to set foot on a RCL ship ... so stay tuned.

Shrek is GREEN! You missed so much school that you didn't learn your colors. You poor girl! :eek: {yes I am kidding...LOL! :D}

I did miss too much school;)!!!! Actually, my children are 19 and 26. I know VERY little about today's cartoons! Better take a refresher course, I now have a grandbaby who is 7 months old.

Time to get with the program:D!

Just so we can remember what we are all fighting about...lol. From the press release...

On tap are:

star2.bmp Opportunities for character interaction, day and night, including parades

star2.bmp Character meals in the main dining room

star2.bmp A new lineup of movie-themed games and adventures in the Adventure Ocean kids' program

star2.bmp DreamWorks Animation movies on the big screen -- in 3D

star2.bmp Special character shows in the Studio B ice rink (such as "How to Train Your Dragon") and AquaTheater

First of all, I love mascots--the one as the school I work for is pretty well known--but that Fun Ship Freddy scared the you-know-what out of me!!! :)

But looking over your list of what we're dealing with, I don't think that's really going to impact my cruise that much since I don't have kids. I have no reason to go to Adventure Ocean. I assume that the Compass will list the "opportunities for character interaction" and character meals in the MDR. If I don't want to go to them, I'll know when and where not to go, right? I have not been to one ice show, and as far as I know, that's a space you have to actively seek out, so that won't bother me.

Seems like much ado about not much.

Archived