Ecilpse TA Oct 2011

RMS Olympic

Good news and bad news.

The good news is we have decided we are going to sign up for this cruise, provided holidays get approved on Monday, which they should be.

The bad news is you lot will now be stuck with us for 13 nights.

Very excited and might even go the whole hog for Aqua class.

Now to look at day trips etc.

What fun.

J + J

Hey, you Australian nancy-boy, your people were the ones that came up with Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. No one ever forgets that, now do they?

LOL

Who told you I'm a Nancy boy? How very dare they?

Thanks for the offer of booking your club. Mentioned it to Jack. As we are air crew we plan everything at the last minute, and same will be true of flights.

Will have a better idea about a month or so out. Will have to check their cancelation conditions.

Might even be up for a pre cruise catch up drinkie the night before with you and others, we can even sing Priscilla songs. Lol

The top of the line room is about 100 quid, I stay in a little single where you walk down the hall for the loo and bath for 54 quid. Both include a full English each morning. It's just been renovated. Check out the website there are lots of pics and the rates for non member guests.

How many nights will you be staying at the club.

Looks fab and the price is even better! I remember when the Aussie dollar used to be 3 to one. Now it's not even 2 to one. Amazing.

So you are likely going to have to put up with us for 14 nights, not 13.

You poor sod.

Love Priscilla. Saw the musical in Toronto last year.

I'm excited.

From memory I contacted you guys through your website prior to our very first cruise to ask your advice about sea sickness medication and cabin selection.

That was over two years ago. Guess you don't remember. Our email was either dingoboy or hulaboys.

I owe you a drink. I was very worried about Jack and his parents not sea people at all. But of course they simply loved it and we haven't looked back since. Jack even wants to go on a 100+ world cruise in a year or two.

So thank you SO much for your help and advice back then and can't wait to talk all things cruises all across the Atlantic.

Cheers j and j

Lee,

I hope you don't mind a FOFOD stopping by for a drink! :)

Monica

Only if you stay for 6.

Look out Eclipse we are about to book.

Here comes the crazy Aussie and his sane dapper quiet and gorgeous better half.

Hi All - I was a little worried after the mainstream roll call was 300+ pages. No way was I going to read all that.

Travelling by myself, dining Select, so looking for dinner companion(s).

Rule of thumb when you come across 300+ pages. Read every 5th page and skim. Most is small talk. Now that we're close to the cruise, everyone is getting excited and talking about tours and onboard activities.

...Unfortunately it seems these LGBT roll calls don't always work out.

Joe

Well, on some of my past cruises, I've hung out with the guys and they've been a blast. One year there must have been 25 guys. You should have seen the martini bar area and all the martini glasses on the tables! What a sight!

I'm excited.

From memory I contacted you guys through your website prior to our very first cruise to ask your advice about sea sickness medication and cabin selection.

That was over two years ago. Guess you don't remember. Our email was either dingoboy or hulaboys.

I owe you a drink. I was very worried about Jack and his parents not sea people at all. But of course they simply loved it and we haven't looked back since. Jack even wants to go on a 100+ world cruise in a year or two.

So thank you SO much for your help and advice back then and can't wait to talk all things cruises all across the Atlantic.

Cheers j and j

I'm horrible with names but i do remember the exchange between us. Glad it all worked out!

I'm excited.

Cheers j and j

Just tried to email you from your virgin acct and Virgin says your email is dormant.

Just wanted to say I'm glad our advice worked out and you're way ahead of us in terms of experience on this trip. We've never made a TA. We tried three times but either got cold feet or competing plans. We were also afraid we'd be bored. These days, we crave bored...

Who told you I'm a Nancy boy? How very dare they?

Thanks for the offer of booking your club. Mentioned it to Jack. As we are air crew we plan everything at the last minute, and same will be true of flights.

Will have a better idea about a month or so out. Will have to check their cancelation conditions.

Might even be up for a pre cruise catch up drinkie the night before with you and others, we can even sing Priscilla songs. Lol

I'm flying out of ATL-LHR on BA 27th Oct arrive 28th Oct. So two days at the club. There is a gay pub literally just around the corner but it's not exactly...(how do I put this delicately)... a young crowd. Late in the evenings it has gotten to more our age, tho.

I could tell you were a Nancy-boy because you aren't 21 and you're wearing a Hollister shirt AND you work for an airline. I don't know what else qualifies.

Don't take me too seriously. Just having some fun with you.

Rule of thumb when you come across 300+ pages. Read every 5th page and skim. Most is small talk. Now that we're close to the cruise, everyone is getting excited and talking about tours and onboard activities.

Well, on some of my past cruises, I've hung out with the guys and they've been a blast. One year there must have been 25 guys. You should have seen the martini bar area and all the martini glasses on the tables! What a sight!

On our TA on RC there were loads of FODs.

Can't believe there's only so few of us on this one. Or perhaps Bachmann's husband cure for gays centre has been too effective.

I don't think so.

Just tried to email you from your virgin acct and Virgin says your email is dormant.

Just wanted to say I'm glad our advice worked out and you're way ahead of us in terms of experience on this trip. We've never made a TA. We tried three times but either got cold feet or competing plans. We were also afraid we'd be bored. These days, we crave bored...

Can't believe you've never done a TA. with all your cruising.

We've only done big cruises, 14 and 16 days and simply love the sea days. As I said Jack is aching for a 100+ day monster cruise to celebrate his long service leave which is due in 2 years.

I'll flick you an email via your web site as I have a new one.

NB As for being bored, haven't done that for years, at my age I can hardly touch my toes and Jack and I have been together for 15 years, so I'll leave that for the younger ones. Although I'm more than happy to watch them being bored. Lol and lol. And just so you know that's my terrible Australian humour - you're got 13 nights of it. Sorry in advance.

J and J

I'm flying out of ATL-LHR on BA 27th Oct arrive 28th Oct. So two days at the club. There is a gay pub literally just around the corner but it's not exactly...(how do I put this delicately)... a young crowd. Late in the evenings it has gotten to more our age, tho.

I could tell you were a Nancy-boy because you aren't 21 and you're wearing a Hollister shirt AND you work for an airline. I don't know what else qualifies.

Don't take me too seriously. Just having some fun with you.

You have made several assumptions - all of which are wrong, wrong, wrong.

I'm not gay, just helping out while its busy, and its been pretty busy.

PS I could tell you were gay because you were in the N A V Y. Hello sailor. Just like the village people. And that club sound more than a bit like YMCA. Which incidentally is a good thing. PS Why are the shared bathrooms less money, we'd happily pay more for that privilege? (again jokes people. jokes).

And that club sound more than a bit like YMCA. Which incidentally is a good thing. PS Why are the shared bathrooms less money, we'd happily pay more for that privilege? (again jokes people. jokes).

I haven't stayed there since the complete overhaul, but it was like living in the barracks. The rooms were TINY, and you walked down the hall to the toilet, and then FURTHER down the hall to these modular shower units (individual, sorry). They have done away with most of these room - they used to be about £30/nite. It's more like a hotel now, with the single rooms only on the 5th floor (I believe). If you're not crazy about it, I know a lot of people are staying at The George Hotel B&B which is near Kings Cross station and the EuroStar terminal. One thing I do like about my club is it just off Oxford street, and you can get a lot of shopping done at Selfridges, John Lewis, and M&S plus other High Street shops.

You can e-mail me if you want some real dirt at josephmalexander @ att.net (delete spaces around the "@" sign, duh)

I haven't stayed there since the complete overhaul, but it was like living in the barracks. The rooms were TINY, and you walked down the hall to the toilet, and then FURTHER down the hall to these modular shower units (individual, sorry). They have done away with most of these room - they used to be about £30/nite. It's more like a hotel now, with the single rooms only on the 5th floor (I believe). If you're not crazy about it, I know a lot of people are staying at The George Hotel B&B which is near Kings Cross station and the EuroStar terminal. One thing I do like about my club is it just off Oxford street, and you can get a lot of shopping done at Selfridges, John Lewis, and M&S plus other High Street shops.

You can e-mail me if you want some real dirt at josephmalexander @ att.net (delete spaces around the "@" sign, duh)

Hope you don't think I was making fun of your club, wasn't at all. Actually love it. Wish I had one! Just giving you stick for calling me a Nancy boy. (How perceptive of you).

We are actually wanted something cheap and cheerful and so it seems simply perfect. Can't beat the price or the location. And we'd rather save the money for the ship.

The bathroom down the hall stuff doesn't worry us as it takes us back to our first trips to London and those bad old B & B's we have all stayed in at one time or other. Single rooms fifth floor ..... I've stayed in lots of b and bs didn't have a lift and i remember dragging my back pack up those narrow stair cases. The showers were normally squeezed under the stairs on each landing the pressure was crap and the water was cold. Not to mention loos that didn't flush or leaked, or both. And then there was the English breakfast of cold rock hard toast marmalade and undrinkable coffee, oh how I miss those days.

If we do end up staying there we'll have to catch up for a meal or pre cruise drink. Perhaps even catch the train down to the port together. Assuming that is the best way from London.

J and J

Am looking for tablemate(s) for select dining. Would also consider changing to scheduled dining if invited to be with a couple or group.:cool:

We normally like late dining, but think we might try select. Still haven't decided which way to jump. Sure we'll be up for for the odd meal or more. Heard some horror stories from shipmates on other cruises about being stuck on unfriendly tables, and as we all know not every is a FOD. Two cruises back a girl from work was stuck on a table with a real old cow. She ended up being moved 4/5 times and then got mad at the wait staff!!!

Just can't commit at present, need to play it by ear, as I've learnt to not jump in and commit Jack to stuff. He is the quiet ( as in the mature, sensible one ) where as I rush in where angels fear to tread.

Hope you don't think I was making fun of your club, wasn't at all. Actually love it. Wish I had one! Just giving you stick for calling me a Nancy boy. (How perceptive of you).

We are actually wanted something cheap and cheerful and so it seems simply perfect. Can't beat the price or the location. And we'd rather save the money for the ship.

The bathroom down the hall stuff doesn't worry us as it takes us back to our first trips to London and those bad old B & B's we have all stayed in at one time or other. Single rooms fifth floor ..... I've stayed in lots of b and bs didn't have a lift and i remember dragging my back pack up those narrow stair cases. The showers were normally squeezed under the stairs on each landing the pressure was crap and the water was cold. Not to mention loos that didn't flush or leaked, or both. And then there was the English breakfast of cold rock hard toast marmalade and undrinkable coffee, oh how I miss those days.

If we do end up staying there we'll have to catch up for a meal or pre cruise drink. Perhaps even catch the train down to the port together. Assuming that is the best way from London.

J and J

Priceline is also great in London for a last minute booking. We got the Hilton at Paddington Station for mike on a business trip by bidding $80Us for a four star. The rack rate for the room was many times that. hotwire dot come is also a good bet for a great value.

We normally like late dining, but think we might try select. Still haven't decided which way to jump. Sure we'll be up for for the odd meal or more. Heard some horror stories from shipmates on other cruises about being stuck on unfriendly tables, and as we all know not every is a FOD. Two cruises back a girl from work was stuck on a table with a real old cow. She ended up being moved 4/5 times and then got mad at the wait staff!!!

Just can't commit at present, need to play it by ear, as I've learnt to not jump in and commit Jack to stuff. He is the quiet ( as in the mature, sensible one ) where as I rush in where angels fear to tread.

Aqua class comes with its own dining room called Blu, which is always open dining. Still, we hope to hit the specialty restaurants, particularly Q sine, which is apparently better in a group since it's all about ordering a bunch of small plates and sharing.

I'm the one who commits Mike to all sorts of stuff and then gets reined in. I'm learning.

Priceline is also great in London for a last minute booking. We got the Hilton at Paddington Station for mike on a business trip by bidding $80Us for a four star. The rack rate for the room was many times that. hotwire dot come is also a good bet for a great value.

Aqua class comes with its own dining room called Blu, which is always open dining. Still, we hope to hit the specialty restaurants, particularly Q sine, which is apparently better in a group since it's all about ordering a bunch of small plates and sharing.

I'm the one who commits Mike to all sorts of stuff and then gets reined in. I'm learning.

Aqua is all booked up. If you weren't booked in Aqua heaven which would you prefer normal dining or select?

Will check out price line. Got a very cheap car through them last year in the USA.

Aqua is all booked up. If you weren't booked in Aqua heaven which would you prefer normal dining or select?

Will check out price line. Got a very cheap car through them last year in the USA.

I'd choose Select. normal dining is going to feel later and later each night but with Select you can go when you like.

Keep checking on AQ if it interests you. it's available right now but wasn't an hour ago.

Yes, a bunch of us are at the George B&B. I snagged an en-suite room. Pretty good reviews of the place.

Geeze, I go reading through the lastest postings when I really wanted to send you James a comment:

I just tried to post on the other Eclipse page about where to meet (airline group). What about the passport bar? :D

I don't know why my messages are not being posted on the other page. A whole bunch of messages have been dropped. Really strange.

Please see if you can post my suggestion on the board.

Thanks!

M

There are two aqua cabins left: 1516 and 1504. However, both are under the gym, so there could be a lot of noise.

Archived