Ecilpse TA Oct 2011

RMS Olympic

UPDATE As of Friday evening we are aware of the problems some members are experiencing with their roll calls. I assure you we are working on this issue and hope to have it resolved quickly.

UPDATE Friday, early AM, we were doing some server maintenance that resulted in the loss of some posts. Without getting too technical, it's a tremendous task migrating servers and we were almost perfect in doing it, except for this small glitch! For a short period of time, one server location was servicing the site out of sync with the new server in another location for about 20 minutes. By the time the new server took over, the posts made to the old server were lost! We're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Again, thank you for your patience as we work though what we know can be a frustrating situation. A HUGE shout out to those of you who took the time to write to us and then help us out with feedback. It is really appreciated, and we believe it contributed to our fixing this issue quickly.

Note from James. Tried to post on the other board just now and its still broken.

What a great web site. For as much travel that you two do, you must work for the government!:)

I do but I promise, Mike does most of our web-site and he works in private industry. It's a hobby and it beats selling Amway! :)

There are two aqua cabins left: 1516 and 1504. However, both are under the gym, so there could be a lot of noise.

Somewhere along the way, they addressed that with the Solstice class, by reinforcing the floor under the gym. I think the Eclipse was the first with the improved sound-proofing but am not sure. Will check around.

I do but I promise, Mike does most of our web-site and he works in private industry. It's a hobby and it beats selling Amway! :)

Somewhere along the way, they addressed that with the Solstice class, by reinforcing the floor under the gym. I think the Eclipse was the first with the improved sound-proofing but am not sure. Will check around.

Here you go: they added shock absorbers to the gym floor to lower the noise level to those in AQ.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=413

Now to book cruise, flights hotels trains.

Exciting.

Can't chat now as I've got my emergency pro secures exam tomorrow. After I'm done with that time to devote time to organizing all this cruise stuff.

Just a quick question re select dining.

How do you book that? And when. Every website I've been looking at when I go through the booking process to get a quote comes up with only two options for dinner, early and late dining.

Haven't seen any site that lets me choose 'select dining'.

Thought I'd read some where that you have to choose it at time of booking?

And suggestions?

James

Just a quick question re select dining.

How do you book that? And when. Every website I've been looking at when I go through the booking process to get a quote comes up with only two options for dinner, early and late dining.

Haven't seen any site that lets me choose 'select dining'.

Thought I'd read some where that you have to choose it at time of booking?

And suggestions?

James

Apparently, Select is sold out and waitlisted for our cruise so early and late are all that is available.

OR was it to keep the noise down in the gym from the AQ cabins.

:)

X allows 2 bottles of wine per passenger but no liquor. We didn't look into packages because they seemed pricey. I have heard you can opt into that at any point during the cruise so maybe once we're done with ports it would be feasible.

Had read it was two per cabin.

Be fabbo if it's 2 per person.

Had read it was two per cabin.

Be fabbo if it's 2 per person.

I think it is technically two per cabin but somehow, Mike and I always seem to get separated in the security line and they never check that hard. :) Apparently, they can be lax on TAs with bringing it back aboard in port.

Under "Manage Reservations", then "My Reservations", then "Reservation Summary", then "Main Dining Arrangements and Special Occasions", it should give the options for traditional or Select EVEN if they are booked up by having a button next to them that says "Waitlist" next to either the time (6:15, or 8:45) or next to "Celebrity Select Dining".

Questions? You may phone locally in Australia by calling

Royal Caribbean Cruises (Australia) Pty Ltd

Phone: +61 (2) 4331 5400

or using the "Live Chat" option on-line.

Hoping that helps,

Joe

I think it is technically two per cabin but somehow, Mike and I always seem to get separated in the security line and they never check that hard. :) Apparently, they can be lax on TAs with bringing it back aboard in port.

That would be even more fabbo if we can bring some nice French stuff back on board.

No harm done if they take it off us as we get it back at the end.

Under "Manage Reservations", then "My Reservations", then "Reservation Summary", then "Main Dining Arrangements and Special Occasions", it should give the options for traditional or Select EVEN if they are booked up by having a button next to them that says "Waitlist" next to either the time (6:15, or 8:45) or next to "Celebrity Select Dining".

Questions? You may phone locally in Australia by calling

Royal Caribbean Cruises (Australia) Pty Ltd

Phone: +61 (2) 4331 5400

or using the "Live Chat" option on-line.

Hoping that helps,

Joe

Thanks again Joe.

When making the dummy bookings early dinner is sold out, and as you said waitlist option pops up.

Late dinner is displayed. But no mention of select option.

Perhaps it is sold out or you need to go back in 'to manage booking' after you have a live booking. Which we will have after today.

Any idea anyone if it is sold out, is there a chance we can sweet talk our way into it once on board?

OK so looks like we will be trying to get to London two nights before the cruise.

Any of you lot gonna be around for a catch up drink on the 28th or 29tn.

Should be able to turn our mind to where we are going to stay in the next few days.

J and J

Well, Mike and I are two of the six, then there are Robert and Nick and Georges and Girard. I'll tell them to come say hello here.

No drag for us, except as spectators. This is our first TA and I'm excited to be able to relax without feeling I should be doing "something." We got the Aqua class cabin so that we'd get the free Persain Garden (thermal suite) and Blu (spa restaurant) so I'll likely still fill up the day. It'll just be with things that are more fun than bureaucratic paperwork.

Oi. Where are the other six? They were meant to drop by and say hi. They better otherwise they are going to in B I G trouble.

Oi. Where are the other six? They were meant to drop by and say hi. They better otherwise they are going to in B I G trouble.

I have a feeling one or two of them are lurking but they're not big posters. Be sure to give them the cold shoulder for the first five minutes.

Thanks again Joe.

When making the dummy bookings early dinner is sold out, and as you said waitlist option pops up.

Late dinner is displayed. But no mention of select option.

Perhaps it is sold out or you need to go back in 'to manage booking' after you have a live booking. Which we will have after today.

Any idea anyone if it is sold out, is there a chance we can sweet talk our way into it once on board?

We have done that successfully twice. You need to go right after you board and being very personable and patient helps.

OK so looks like we will be trying to get to London two nights before the cruise.

Should be able to turn our mind to where we are going to stay in the next few days.

J and J

I like to drink! Sign us up. It might need to be later on if it's the 29th since we're having dinner with friends.

We have done that successfully twice. You need to go right after you board and being very personable and patient helps.

I like to drink! Sign us up. It might need to be later on if it's the 29th since we're having dinner with friends.

1/then we've got no hope then. I'm Australian. Neither personable nor patient. As jack will attest.

2/OK will try to work something out. Can't be too late as I want to enjoy our first day onboard. What about pre diner drinks. Would that be better?

I have a feeling one or two of them are lurking but they're not big posters. Be sure to give them the cold shoulder for the first five minutes.

First five days!

Tell them I'm very personable. It's a big lie, but as they aren't on here they will never know.

I've always brought on the 1.75 liter bottles. Rules state 2 bottles but it doesn't state what size. I too seem to get separated from my travel partner (whether it's Tony or with a friend). I agree they are lax on the TAs.

J and J

You know, Mike found a pub in London and lots of people plan to show up. It's between 6-9pm. Show up when you want, leave when you want. The information is on my web site (link below).

My group of friends and I get back from our day trip to Stonehenge and Bath around 6:30pm, so we probably won't show up till around 7:30pm.

Here's the link: http://www.monicapileggi.com/GTG.html

Mike will need a head count, so if interested, let me know.

Monica

Joe, I emailed you this a.m. Let me know if you need other information.

Monica

Monica,

My thanks. I figured it gotten lost among spam. That seems to happen to both my mail and me every once in awhile.

Off to Laguna Beach, California for a weeks vacation. Will be back on the board next week. Have a good one everybody.

Joe

Archived