Do coffee cards expire at the end of each year??

paulaken

I have been reading here that different people have used the old coffee cards, 2008 and 2009 while on a cruise this year. Do they expire at the end of the year?? Why else would they have a date on them? I am thinking of getting one but I don't think I would drink 15 speciality coffee drinks in 7 days. Thanks

The coffee cards don't presently expire, but the coffee card coupons do. The ones out there now (given by TA's for 2 for the price of one coffee cards) expire at the end of this year. But the cards purchased with them have no expiration date right now.

Thanks for the quick replies! I must have gotten confused between the"2 for 1 coupon" for the coffee card and the actual card. I guess there is no date on the card. That information helps in my decision. Thanks:D

Thanks for the quick replies! I must have gotten confused between the"2 for 1 coupon" for the coffee card and the actual card. I guess there is no date on the card. That information helps in my decision. Thanks:D

I thought that might have led to this question, since there is always so much discussion about the expiration date of the 'coupons'. ;)

• 6 years later...

Know this thread is old but thought maybe someone has recent info. Have 2 cards from 2015 cruise on Regal that still have punches left. Think I paid $29 & know price has gone up so hope I can still use them. Also, at time purchased could also be used for Gelato so very good deal. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Know this thread is old but thought maybe someone has recent info. Have 2 cards from 2015 cruise on Regal that still have punches left. Think I paid $29 & know price has gone up so hope I can still use them. Also, at time purchased could also be used for Gelato so very good deal. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

you can still use the punches.....

We took an old coffee card that we purchased in 2011 on our cruise last November and it was taken without question. The guy at the International Café did say that he hadn't seen one that old in the while though!! :p

We also had an older card that we used on a Panama Canal cruise in November. We were asked about it but there was no trouble getting it accepted.

And now that I am learning about Gelato on the Royal and the coffee card, I just might need several cards :) We'll be on her in the fall.

I have a couple that are punched up but with punches still left and I think I have one that was never punched at all. I can't imagine they would still allow unlimited fresh-brewed coffee on that one as it's obviously an old card. They have a new design and, by the time I need to use the cards again it will either be late 2018 or else some time in 2019. Our next two cruises were booked under the Sip and Sail promo so there is no need for a coffee card.

My old cards are legit but, if they get huffy and refuse them there really isn't much I can do about it. Getting angry isn't of much value and I don't like that option anyway. The worst that could happen is that I'd have to buy a new card. It would be a bit of a drag but, if I can't afford a new coffee card, how in heck is it that I'm cruising in the first place.

You can still use them.

I have a couple that are punched up but with punches still left and I think I have one that was never punched at all. I can't imagine they would still allow unlimited fresh-brewed coffee on that one as it's obviously an old card. They have a new design and, by the time I need to use the cards again it will either be late 2018 or else some time in 2019. Our next two cruises were booked under the Sip and Sail promo so there is no need for a coffee card.

My old cards are legit but, if they get huffy and refuse them there really isn't much I can do about it. Getting angry isn't of much value and I don't like that option anyway. The worst that could happen is that I'd have to buy a new card. It would be a bit of a drag but, if I can't afford a new coffee card, how in heck is it that I'm cruising in the first place.

Agree with that last, but know that there ARE some who will not accept an old card. Many people on here have said they are always good, but personal experience is that they CAN be refused. Didn't even try to use it last cruise and next Princess cruise is next Fall, so I don't know whether I will try to use my old one or not. It is marked Caribbean (and I forgot to use it on our last Caribbean Princess cruise) but I WAS able to use it for gelato on Royal Princess.

Conclusion: hit or miss. (Doesn't cost to try.)

We've had a couple of coffee cards that have taken us 3 cruises to use up, as we only go for lattes occasionally (or when the Horizon Court coffee tastes like used dishwater). Have never had one refused, but the crewmember looked really carefully at the last one with two punches left early in the cruise. Apparently it was an older model card, and newer ones have different design or something.

Agree with that last, but know that there ARE some who will not accept an old card. Many people on here have said they are always good, but personal experience is that they CAN be refused. Didn't even try to use it last cruise and next Princess cruise is next Fall, so I don't know whether I will try to use my old one or not. It is marked Caribbean (and I forgot to use it on our last Caribbean Princess cruise) but I WAS able to use it for gelato on Royal Princess.

Conclusion: hit or miss. (Doesn't cost to try.)

None of the ones I have were ever marked. One (the unpunched one) was never used. The ones with punches gone were obviously used by my wife but never had any voyage info written on them. They are the older all brown cards though - not the new cards with the green stripe.

My old cards are legit but, if they get huffy and refuse them there really isn't much I can do about it.

Certainly there are a number of employees that do not even recognize what the older cards are.

If you are refused the use of a punch on an older card, ask to speak with a supervisor.

You can use old cards for specialty coffees and tea, but not for fresh brewed coffee except on the cruise when they were issued. Over the years they have changed colors and design and materials. And recently they have been putting the sail date or cruise number on the card. Only once did I have a card taken from me and that was just to issue me a new card, with zero punches. When I mentioned that the old card had several punches he waved me away.

I am Elite so I get the mini-bar setup each cruise. I don't drink and I trade in my setup for 2 coffee cards. If I'm sailing with someone, I give him or her my second card. I don't go through one card per cruise, let alone 2! i think that this year I'll get one card and water for my alcohol setup!

Maureen

Edited by jrzebird

You can use old cards for specialty coffees and tea, but not for fresh brewed coffee except on the cruise when they were issued. Over the years they have changed colors and design and materials. And recently they have been putting the sail date or cruise number on the card. Only once did I have a card taken from me and that was just to issue me a new card, with zero punches. When I mentioned that the old card had several punches he waved me away.

I am Elite so I get the mini-bar setup each cruise. I don't drink and I trade in my setup for 2 coffee cards. If I'm sailing with someone, I give him or her my second card. I don't go through one card per cruise, let alone 2! i think that this year I'll get one card and water for my alcohol setup!

Maureen

I don't think you can do that. From what I have read here you can exchange the entire mini bar setup for two coffee cards but can't get just one coffee card and exchange part of the setup for something else.

Actually I'm fairly certain you can, as several people on the repo I take every year have done it. It might depend on who you get from room service but I'll ask when I board. If the answer is no I have no problem getting 2 coffee cards. Thanks for the heads up. Ow I'll

Actually I'm fairly certain you can, as several people on the repo I take every year have done it. It might depend on who you get from room service but I'll ask when I board. If the answer is no I have no problem getting 2 coffee cards. Thanks for the heads up. Ow I'll

As I was saying, now I'll be prepared for rejection. [emoji854]

As I was saying, now I'll be prepared for rejection. [emoji854][/preparedH

Hey buddy. It depends who you talk to. Weve exchanged half the mini bar for one coffee card on the repo a cpl times. As a single..why would you need 30 cups of coffee? The room service supervisor agreed.

The option of a specialty dinner woud be great

They say you can't reserve the Crown Grill BEFORE YOU BOARD. you know thats not true. We booked 52 and i just book 24 for next months Ruby cruise.

It depends on who you talk to. Get a reasonable Supervisor. And you can get it done.

Or become a RETREATER---Right :)

Edited by Blkspy15

Maureen

You can use old cards for fresh brewed coffee but they will punch your card;).

The option of a specialty dinner woud be great

They say you can't reserve the Crown Grill BEFORE YOU BOARD. you know thats not true. We booked 52 and i just book 24 for next months Ruby cruise.

It depends on who you talk to. Get a reasonable Supervisor. And you can get it done.

How can I do that?