unlimited food in surcharge restaurants?

Keeper420

okay, so I know that food is unlimited in the non "surcharge" dining rooms, does this hold true for the surcharge restaurants? Thanks in advance.

Generally no. You can have all the appetizers or desserts you want but normally one main dish. I have seen where someone can not decide and they bring 2 main dishes but that is the exception.

Generally no. You can have all the appetizers or desserts you want but normally one main dish. I have seen where someone can not decide and they bring 2 main dishes but that is the exception.

And at Teppanyaki the answer is definately 'no'. They say it's not a cover charge, it's an a la carte price by entree..... (we tried to order 2nds one time... )

What about Shanghai? Not the Noodle Bar, the regular Chinese restaurant with a $15 surcharge. When we eat out Chinese, we like to order several dishes to share. Is it likely that we will be able to do this on the Epic?

I have had two appitizers at Cagneys before and I have had a second entre of ribs at the Tex Mex restaurant on the Jewel. I forget the name but it cost $10 to get in last year . I suppose it depends on the restaurant or ship.

The ribs were very good and after I finished them the waiter asked me if I wanted another and he brought another plate that was identical to the first.

As long as you are placing your order for multiple entrees at the start of the meal then yes conceivably you can order as many as you want. I have definitely ordered two different entrees in the past as I wanted to be able to taste a bit of both. I've never been able to finish both completely as it's just too much food when you add in the appetizers, salad, or soup that I usually get.

It would become a problem to order another entree AFTER you finished your first as you would then have to wait the 20 minutes or so for them to prepare it. It's different in the main dining rooms as they are on more of an assembly-line process and have massive amounts of food they are preparing so it's much easier for them to whisk out a second entree to you.

I don't think there is anyone really who would want to order more than two entrees though unless they planned on being rolled out of the restaurant at the end of the meal. :-)

As long as you are placing your order for multiple entrees at the start of the meal then yes conceivably you can order as many as you want. I have definitely ordered two different entrees in the past as I wanted to be able to taste a bit of both. I've never been able to finish both completely as it's just too much food when you add in the appetizers, salad, or soup that I usually get.

It would become a problem to order another entree AFTER you finished your first as you would then have to wait the 20 minutes or so for them to prepare it. It's different in the main dining rooms as they are on more of an assembly-line process and have massive amounts of food they are preparing so it's much easier for them to whisk out a second entree to you.

I don't think there is anyone really who would want to order more than two entrees though unless they planned on being rolled out of the restaurant at the end of the meal. :-)

My order for a second entree was at the end of my meal. But you make a good point how much could someone eat. I hope someone who is hungry can test it out and get back to us LOL ;)

Who can eat an appitizer, steak, and dessert and then ask for another steak at Cagneys. I bet they would serve it since you never read or hear that you can only order once. It is because 99.9999999% of everyone is so stuffed getting their $25 worth after dessert that no one could eat again.

If they had a policy of only one entree, they would post it. Is is because very few could do it. I would like to see someone try.

If anyone reads this and was denied a second steak at Cagneys, please let us know. We want your story and autograph ;)

for what it's worth, at the extra-cost steakhouse on Carnival Liberty my brother in law asked for two entrees and was told it would cost extra.....

another question--I'm under the impression that if you are in a suite and ordering from a specialty restaurant, as long as you don't order an entree there's no charge, which would suit me just fine as I would be very happy to have just appetizers, salad and dessert--they sound better than the entrees. Anyone know if that's correct? (other than of course tipping the butler appropriately at the end of the cruise!!)

And now we understand why the average cruiser is measured in tons like the ship :)

There just doesn't seem to be enough free food on board for some folks.

If you can't see your toes, Step away from the table :)

And now we understand why the average cruiser is measured in tons like the ship :)

There just doesn't seem to be enough free food on board for some folks.

If you can't see your toes, Step away from the table :)

Wow. I'm not one to order more than one entree, etc..., but saying something like that wouldn't enter my mind. Nice. :rolleyes:

I originally posted this question because my wife wanted to know, we are not big people, but she is pregnant and I think a little hungry at the time. I think she was more interested in appetizers more than anything else. Thanks for your help. And 4/20 is my birthday, not anything else nefarious!

I originally posted this question because my wife wanted to know, we are not big people, but she is pregnant and I think a little hungry at the time. I think she was more interested in appetizers more than anything else. Thanks for your help. And 4/20 is my birthday, not anything else nefarious!

No need to explain yourself or your wife. It's your vacation and you both can and should enjoy it in any way you prefer. Don't let someone else's incredibly judgmental response dissuade you from having a good time.

Just on the off chance that this hasn't been made really clear... :p

I believe the surcharge restaurants 'tend to' differentiate between 'entrees' and the rest of the menu. I've never asked for multiple entrees, but I always assumed that they would cost extra.

As for everything else on the menu, we've always enjoyed as many as we've wanted. During our first visit to the Asian restaurant on the Star, my daughter and I were having trouble deciding on an appetizer and our server just said, 'Don't worry about it, I'll bring you all of them.' At Cagney's my daughter exchanged her appetizer twice... well, she got two new ones; I think my husband and I took care of the rejects... :o We also always order multiple sides and share them. On our last visit, rather than individual plates, they brought all of our sides together on a big platter and it was really nice. At Teppanyaki, I always order Steak, shrimp and scallops, a combination that is not on the menu, and they always accommodate. I've never asked for two completely different entrees, however, so Sjbdtz had the definitive answer on that.

What I can tell you is that I have never left a specialty restaurant hungry, and more often than not I haven't been able to finish everything, so unless you have a really high food capacity, you'll have no problem getting enough to eat. :)

Just on the off chance that this hasn't been made really clear... :p

I believe the surcharge restaurants 'tend to' differentiate between 'entrees' and the rest of the menu. I've never asked for multiple entrees, but I always assumed that they would cost extra.

Nope, as a few of us have already posted our experiences ordering multiple entrees. There would only be an extra charge if you were trying to order an additional serving of one of the entrees that has an extra surcharge on top of the restaurant surcharge. Teppanyaki would be an exception to this as someone already explained.

Archived