New DP perk-any first hand accounts yet??(BOGO speciality restaurant)

PH8

May I suggest that when you go to use your coupons, that the one person that will be using their SeaPass Card to swipe when using the internet on the ship, fill out the coupons with their folio number.

You and DH will have different folio numbers (different by one number) but it makes a difference when GR applies the coupon. You want to make sure it is applied to the folio number of the person that will be using the internet the most............otherwise, you will be charged for internet time.

I was on a cruise once when they simply refused to do this for me. I don't remember which ship but it was at the guest relations desk and he insisted it was only one coupon per guest that was allowed. I had to put it on my husband's card and borrow his card to log in. :mad:

Gina

I was on a cruise once when they simply refused to do this for me. I don't remember which ship but it was at the guest relations desk and he insisted it was only one coupon per guest that was allowed. I had to put it on my husband's card and borrow his card to log in. :mad:

Gina

Shouldn't have made a difference unless you had separate accounts set up with different credit card numbers.

We've been on cruises where we would swap coupons with friends. Those that didn't need internet time gave us theirs and those high rollers got ours.:D Never had a problem.

Gina

That's annoying; they always let me put both coupons on one card.

May I suggest that when you go to use your coupons, that the one person that will be using their SeaPass Card to swipe when using the internet on the ship, fill out the coupons with their folio number.

You and DH will have different folio numbers (different by one number) but it makes a difference when GR applies the coupon. You want to make sure it is applied to the folio number of the person that will be using the internet the most............otherwise, you will be charged for internet time.

A couple more suggestions...........be sure to put the coupon(s) on your account before you use the internet for the first time and keep track of how many minutes you use. Then monitor your Sea Pass account charges to make sure your not being charged for your "free" minutes. We've had that happen.......and had to have Guest Services remove the charges.

Shouldn't have made a difference unless you had separate accounts set up with different credit card numbers.

We've been on cruises where we would swap coupons with friends. Those that didn't need internet time gave us theirs and those high rollers got ours.:D Never had a problem.

No...same card is always used for us both. This one time was the only time we had the problem. Now I just get the concierge to put the coupon on the account with no problem. I'm thinking my problem was on the Enchantment of the Seas a few years ago when I used to cruise on her often. Another possibility would be Majesty. I can't be sure.....I know it wasn't on Radiance.

Gina

Similar Mom had a Platinium coupon and I had diamond Plus, we went to the spa and she wanted to buy me a massage they wouldn't take my Diamond Discount to be charged to her account it had to be the Platinium. Sometimes the coupons become problems.

Similar Mom had a Platinium coupon and I had diamond Plus, we went to the spa and she wanted to buy me a massage they wouldn't take my Diamond Discount to be charged to her account it had to be the Platinium. Sometimes the coupons become problems.

Just one more of lifes little challenges:D

We just returned from the Enchantment. We took our D+ Internet coupons to the Concierge. Gonzalo asked how we wanted them applied - all on one account or separated. It was our choice. I didn't see the speciality restaurant coupon. Maybe I just didn't pay attention. We used the photo coupons - the form stated any size. We did not take advantage of the laundry offering.

We just returned from the Enchantment. We took our D+ Internet coupons to the Concierge. Gonzalo asked how we wanted them applied - all on one account or separated. It was our choice. I didn't see the speciality restaurant coupon. Maybe I just didn't pay attention. We used the photo coupons - the form stated any size. We did not take advantage of the laundry offering.

Was it a 7 day cruise?

We were on the Mercury for 14 days and the free laundry was VERY nice to have. They did a great good job with it.

Woody

just got our tickets and inquired re upgrade for dp members. told nothing at the moment., does that mean now we have tickets we will not be in line for upgrade. also how often does this happen among you dp members.we are on Independence in August in a D1

just got our tickets and inquired re upgrade for dp members. told nothing at the moment., does that mean now we have tickets we will not be in line for upgrade. also how often does this happen among you dp members.we are on Independence in August in a D1

Just off Indie. We had our tickets and only a week or so before the cruise, I printed off my SetSail and there was a different cabin number on it. No-one 'phoned to ask if it was OK etc. Turned out we went from D1 to a Junior Suite. The suite was nice because of the walk-in closet. No perks go with a junior suite, except the card is silver.

Just off Indie. We had our tickets and only a week or so before the cruise, I printed off my SetSail and there was a different cabin number on it. No-one 'phoned to ask if it was OK etc. Turned out we went from D1 to a Junior Suite. The suite was nice because of the walk-in closet. No perks go with a junior suite, except the card is silver.

But you do get an extra credit..:)

Normally,the upgrades are not given out till about 2 weeks before your cruise........Now with the new way of doing it(trying to give more DP upgrades),Im really not sure when they will do it..:confused:

I have 62 credits.........3 times I was upgraded.....so you can see,the odds are not that great......

But you do get an extra credit..:)

I thought Patti told us they weren't giving the extra credit for upgrades. Or was it someone else who said this? I do remember reading here that the extra credit has recently been changed to giving it only when the suite is purchased. Of course I've read a lot of false info on CC.

Gina

I thought Patti told us they weren't giving the extra credit for upgrades. Or was it someone else who said this? I do remember reading here that the extra credit has recently been changed to giving it only when the suite is purchased. Of course I've read a lot of false info on CC.

Gina

Heard that too,but I did get an extra one on the MN last month,..I do know you dont get one if you upgrade while on the ship.

Heard that too,but I did get an extra one on the MN last month,..I do know you dont get one if you upgrade while on the ship.

I suspected the previous info was wrong. I can see how it wouldn't apply to an upgrade done after boarding. I'd think the credits would apply to the category at which we do our check in. That would be what goes in the system I would think.

Gina

Gina

I suspected the previous info was wrong. I can see how it wouldn't apply to an upgrade done after boarding. I'd think the credits would apply to the category at which we do our check in. That would be what goes in the system I would think.

Gina

The only reason I posted what I did was because a friend of ours who lives in CA and cruises on Mariner quite a bit was upgraded earlier this year. Kathy, I think you know who it is.

When their cruise credits were listed they were not given the extra credit for the suite that they were upgraded to.

When she called C&A said that you do not get credit when upgraded to a suites, you have to pay for them.

I have also talked to C&A D+ desk and have been given this same information on several occasions. I personally think that they should stick to this policy.

SO, not only are they not consistent among the ships............the inconsistency is also very apparent among the reps.:(

Gina

That's not necessarily the final answer. Granted, Miami corporate probably has your "check-in category" in their system, but you can get it changed.

Last year, we upgraded on the ship after checking in from a D2 to the Royal Family Suite on the Radiance OTS for $500 total (sweet deal, pun intended - that made the cost for the two of us $3,200 for the RFS on a 16-night South America cruise. I don't expect to ever see that good a deal again). After we got back, I called C&A and they had me fax the receipt for the upgrade to them and we got the extra credit.

Archived