Epic disappointment

newyorkjoe76

Is anyone else as disenchanted with the ship now that you are seeing pictures as I am. I was all built up on the hype of this ship but now that I see pictures it seems that it is very crammed and they stuffed in as much as they could into very small places. Maybe it's just the illusion of the pictures but I seem to have lost my excitement. :confused:

I feel the rooms are a little crowded, or so the pictures show. I think it will be ok since we don't spend a lot of time in our room and try to enjoy the rest of ship. I do agree that I wish they were a little bigger. I was going to book a balcony room over an inside room and decided not to based on the photos of the room with the curved walls and sofa, seems to crowded for the price.

I think some of the pictures are better than the brochure and exceeded my expectations. Of course all cruise ship cabins are small and will be smaller than they look in the advertisements.

The picture of the Villa suite is much nicer than the ad in the brochure. I also think the restaurants look nicer than I expected.

Most cabins are narrower but very modern and pretty cool. My disappointment has only been her troubles that continue to happen. I hope she can still make it to NYC for the 4th of July.

It is what it is.........................I never seem to notice the negatives on a cruise. I'm so thrilled just to be there. The Epic has so much to offer & even with some disappointing issues, it won't be enough to steal away my excitement!

Nope, not disappointed at all. Some of the photos have really impressed me and others have pretty much met my expectations. I am fascinated by the innovations and looking forward to seeing for myself. The rooms are small but it's not like I'm buying one, I am just renting it for a few days!

the cabins don't look any smaller than I expected - I don't expect a big room unless I was in a big suite. The general areas - the restaurants and clubs and pool and all the "fun stuff" look so elegant and amazing.

The way I look at it - January is about 15 degrees in NY. I'll be in the caribbean. I don't care if I bump into my husband and kids a couple times trying to get stuff out of the drawers. Better than being in a parka :)

The way I look at it - January is about 15 degrees in NY. I'll be in the caribbean. I don't care if I bump into my husband and kids a couple times trying to get stuff out of the drawers. Better than being in a parka :)

Couldn't agree with you more! :D I went in January out of Miami and it was 32F in the morning of the day we left in Miami but we still had fun even though it was cold. Small or not I'll still have fun on the Epic. Some areas are quite large IMHO and one area is a little smaller than originally pictured (Epic Lounge is one that comes to mind and the only thing that comes to mind). Otherwise she looks like a great ship! :)

Are you kidding???? I can't wait to get on this ship in September. The cabins look just fine to me; if fact, I think they are the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. This is one of those experiences where honestly don't care where the ship sails as long as I'm sailing on her.

I'm not dissappointed in the least. I am in a ( bulge ) balcony room for 4 with DW, and my 15 and 19 year old kids. It will be cramped but so was the only other time the 4 of us have piled into a room.

Think of it as tent camping with comfy beds, air conditioning, HD TV, bathroom and shower, balcony, maid and room service. Oh, and so much to do at the campground you'll only be in the tent to sleep...

Fortunately on THIS ship there is more to do outside the room than on any other I've been on by a factor of magnitude...

I don't think I've seen a single picture of the public areas of the ship that has dissappointed me.

Yes, the cabins do look a little smaller than say on the Pearl, but they seem to be beautifully decorated and the ship looks just beautiful. I still can't hardly wait. We took the Penthouse suite so I really have seen very few good photos of it, but a cruise is still the best way to go...leave all your troubles behind on land and enjoy.:D

Only disappointment is the mechanical trouble they've been having - feel bad for both NCL and customers that some of the activities and celebrations had to be cancelled. Hoping for everyone involved that the necessary repairs can be made quickly so the celebrations can really begin.

Staterooms may be small but this is a vacation hideaway, not a permanent home. I love the Epic's decor. Have really appreciated all of the photographs posted and look forward to all that the Epic offers.

I'm disapointed because of all the issues she has so far... What is the next one? That is really disapointing me, up to the point that I chose NOT to sail her until about a year.... The time to make sure every small or major issues are solved.

As for the cabin size, I don't really care... We're mainly going there only to sleep and prepare ourselves.

As for the ship look, I think it's way better than the brochures to drawings...

Another thing that is disapointing me is the fact that some travel agents on the ship right now are mentionning it's "packed" and also that restaurants are always full and they can't make reservations. The ship is only half capacity and we see this already.... Not looking good for when it will be 5000+ people onboar! Oasis has more people onboard and people are not complaining about that... NCL must be doing something wrong.

It is what it is.........................I never seem to notice the negatives on a cruise. I'm so thrilled just to be there. The Epic has so much to offer & even with some disappointing issues, it won't be enough to steal away my excitement!

. Amen to that. My dh and I will have a grand time no matter what.

Your kidding right ?

This ship is re-writing the rule book with regards to cruising. No other ship anywhere offers what this has got, and the reviews coming from the Entertainment and dining options are stunning so far.

This all has to be paid for some how, so they have squeezed as many cabins in as possible to maximise profit. I don't have a problem with that.

I say well done NCL for spending 1.2 Billion dollars on an untried format, I believe they will find it was a risk worth taking.

Rich

I'm disapointed because of all the issues she has so far... What is the next one? That is really disapointing me, up to the point that I chose NOT to sail her until about a year.... The time to make sure every small or major issues are solved.

As for the cabin size, I don't really care... We're mainly going there only to sleep and prepare ourselves.

As for the ship look, I think it's way better than the brochures to drawings...

Another thing that is disapointing me is the fact that some travel agents on the ship right now are mentionning it's "packed" and also that restaurants are always full and they can't make reservations. The ship is only half capacity and we see this already.... Not looking good for when it will be 5000+ people onboar! Oasis has more people onboard and people are not complaining about that... NCL must be doing something wrong.

I agree, I think that the ship looks better than the drawings, and maybe my disappointment is not the decor in the cabins. I just think when I see some of the pictures I see plenty of areas for crowds of people. Maybe I am just used to ships like liberty of the seas and Independence of the seas that have the promenade area to spread out the crowds. I am sailing EPIC Sept. 25 and am looking forward to the opportunity to seeing the ship in person, and the lineup for shows still excites me. I guess I will just have to wait and see. ;)

Do I wish my balcony cabin was bigger - heck yeah. Is it going to stop me from having a a good time? Heck no.

Last year, DH, DS and I were in a balcony cabin on POA. It was by far the smallest cabin we've ever had. The bottom line is, you've got to stay organized - put things away! And although that is hard, you've just got to do it. These cabins are ingenious with the amount of storage space they provide.

Frankly, with my cabin, I'm more concerned about my bed and pillows and I'm sure being brand new, these are going to be just fine.

As far as the rest of the ship ... it looks good. Now I'm just looking forward to seeing the Dailies and seeing what other fun things they have in store for us.

Archived