Upgrade?

Rhitson88

So we booked a cruise on the Emerald Princess for August 29th of this year.Just got basic inside stateroom. Any chance of an upgrade being so close? As we really just booked the other day. Also, would me calling be a better opportunity to get one? And what would the upgrade be into, would it even be worth it?

So we booked a cruise on the Emerald Princess for August 29th of this year.Just got basic inside stateroom. Any chance of an upgrade being so close? As we really just booked the other day. Also, would me calling be a better opportunity to get one? And what would the upgrade be into, would it even be worth it?

Calling would not help.

It depends on how the ship is selling out and what is available...and what the cruise line needs. It also seems to be somewhat arbitrary. For instance if they have oversold insides, but not the ship, then someone gets to move up.

Every time we or anyone else we know, has been upgraded from an inside it was to an outside obstructed. (I do not consider a change from a lower level inside to a higher level inside to be an upgrade) That doesn't mean someone wouldn't have a story about going from an inside to a balcony... but that just in not the norm.

Best not to count on it... you should book what you will be happy with....but if it happens so much the better.

Unless you booked the highest category inside (almost all the inside cabins are "basic inside"), chances are any upgrade would be to a higher category inside cabin.

If you booked a guarantee in a category with only a few cabins in that category, chances are you will get an upgrate of some sort.

If you booked a specific cabin, you might get an upgrade if Princess believes they could re-sell your cabin easier than selling the cabin they would upgrade you to.

I agree with the others, calling will not give you a better chance of an upgrade at all, it isn't worth wasting your time on that. IF you should get a visit from the upgrade fairy, it will just be the luck of the draw. What it might upgrade you to? Again, the luck of the draw as there is absolutely no way of predicting it.

Just keep one thing in mind, if you like the location of the cabin you picked, an upgrade could actually be to the same type of cabin (inside to a higher inside) but it may be in a less desireable location. All upgrades are not great upgrades, I have found that out from experience on our last cruise. We were upgraded from an AA mini suite to a PH suite (I might add this was our first true upgrade in 25 Princess cruises) directly under the pool deck and ping pong tables. I would have paid extra just to have my AA back after several nights of no sleep because of the terrible noise above us 24/7. ;) Good Luck though!

I agree with the others, calling will not give you a better chance of an upgrade at all, it isn't worth wasting your time on that. IF you should get a visit from the upgrade fairy, it will just be the luck of the draw. What it might upgrade you to? Again, the luck of the draw as there is absolutely no way of predicting it.

Just keep one thing in mind, if you like the location of the cabin you picked, an upgrade could actually be to the same type of cabin (inside to a higher inside) but it may be in a less desireable location. All upgrades are not great upgrades, I have found that out from experience on our last cruise. We were upgraded from an AA mini suite to a PH suite (I might add this was our first true upgrade in 25 Princess cruises) directly under the pool deck and ping pong tables. I would have paid extra just to have my AA back after several nights of no sleep because of the terrible noise above us 24/7. ;) Good Luck though!

Well then could you reverse an upgrade if what they give you doesn't look good as long as it's before the cruise?

Well then could you reverse an upgrade if what they give you doesn't look good as long as it's before the cruise?

If you already have a booking for a guarantee, I have never heard of being able to 'reserve' a different (higher) stateroom just in case you don't like the one you are assigned. I don't think that is possible. After you are assinged a stateroom, if you don't like it you can pay to upgrade to a higher category IF (notice the IF word) there is anything available.

If there is one of more cabins in higher categories that you would not be happy with, mark your reservation "No Upgrade".

I have gotten a couple of upgrades over the years and was never given a choice. i am sure that my original cabin had been reassigned by the time I learned of the upgrade. I met someone who learned of their upgrade when they were checking in,

Archived