I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

The White Grape was what we used for layered Fourth of July shots. Sadly, it didn't last in the line-up.

Here's the current list:

Red - Strawberry, Cherry, Strawberry Daiquiri, Cranberry

White - Pina Colada

Blue - Berry Blue

Though, mixing the other flavors with pina colada is a definite "your mileage may vary" proposition! :eek:

Dave

Do they still make the Pina Colada flavor? I'll have to look for it at Pick n Save.

A new lens baby is a nice toy, and nice photos. :) I also received sort of a gift. I owned these two good old boys years ago, and recently got them back. I have a roll of film in the Yashica to play with, but I think the old Kodak has seen its last.

original.jpg

Larry

Love this picture, even tho it's from over a year ago! My Dad who was a photographer, gave me & both my sisters a Yashica for our 16th. birthdays & I still have mine! Not sure if it works as I haven't used it in years, but it was a great camera. The picture of this camera really brought back wonderful memories as my darling Dad has been gone 20 yrs. :)

I took this picture recently. It is a view overlooking the Bay of Fundy near Saint John and St. Martins New Brunswick. The land in the distance is Nova Scotia approx 60Km away. The camera is what I had with me, a simple Sony point and shoot with a 4X optical zoom.

2563126620107186822S600x600Q85.jpg

Glad you liked the picture. Have been to Ireland many times as my DMIL is from Co. Donegal so I have lots of photos from all over Ireland. It's my favorite place in the world & I would go every year if I could to visit ALL the relatives!

I would love to see a few images of Donegal- I did a genealogy search a while back and discovred that my ancestors immigrated from Donegal around 400 years ago. Now it's on my wish list of places to see.

IrishLassie,

Thanks for the comments on the old cameras. I am glad it brought back memories. The old Kodak was my fathers "good" camera which I kind appropriated, let's see, in the early 1960s. :o

I ran a roll of film through the Yashika. It was certainly different than digital. I just may have to load it up again.

Larry

I would love to see a few images of Donegal- I did a genealogy search a while back and discovred that my ancestors immigrated from Donegal around 400 years ago. Now it's on my wish list of places to see.

I will post some pics soon from Donegal. My DMIL was born in Carrigart, Co Donegal, just a BEAUTIFUL place. You should definitely make a trip over. We have relatives in Letterkenny, Ramelton, Cranford, & Carrigart, all in Donegal.

IrishLassie,

Thanks for the comments on the old cameras. I am glad it brought back memories. The old Kodak was my fathers "good" camera which I kind appropriated, let's see, in the early 1960s. :o

I ran a roll of film through the Yashika. It was certainly different than digital. I just may have to load it up again.

Larry[/quote]

Your welcome & hope your pics come out! I received my camera in 1959! I also have an old "Brownie". When my Dad had his photoshop in Cape May, NJ, he used to rent them out to summer visitors, so we still had some from that time.

Pictures taken in Co. Donegal, Ireland. (hope this works!!)

1004101_101_109_zps3def87c7.jpg

Doe Castle. My DH Great Grandparents are buried here. They also had their wedding reception here!

1004125_125_133.jpg

Glenveagh Nat'l Park

My DS & DIL in front of my DMIL's house in Carrigart, Co. Donegal, Ireland. She was born in this house 94 yrs. ago!

1004099_099_107_zpsa7e4429d.jpg

Edited by IrishLassie

Thanks, IrishLassie! It is so cool to see where my ancestors came from (albiet a long time ago!)

Susan

Your very welcome. I'm going to find some others to post that I've taken on various trips over, have loads of pics! Thanks again, & hopefully you'll make it over there some day. :)

Awesome! I wish I could have seen one of the shuttles lift-off before NASA retired the program.

Me too. My parents got to see a lift-off - they went to Florida in the winter. DH and our sons and I got to see the Discovery land in California when we were stationed at Fort Irwin. Didn't have a good camera at the time so no pics of that.

Great shot of the Endeavour. I saw the Discovery fly over the Washington, DC area on her trip to the Udvar-Hazy musuem in Virginia. It was such a memorable day. I've seen two shuttle launches and was so sad to see the program come to an end.

I hope we get a replacement vehicle up and running soon

Me too. My parents got to see a lift-off - they went to Florida in the winter. DH and our sons and I got to see the Discovery land in California when we were stationed at Fort Irwin. Didn't have a good camera at the time so no pics of that.

Endeavor's last flight May 12, 2011 . We were 70 miles away when we saw, heard and felt the ground shake. Gotta find the video-it's better.

IMG_1295_zps833dbafe.jpg

IMG_1299_zpsf5d6f75a.jpg

I haven’t posted much lately, but I have been using my camera. Thus, here is Snowflake. He? She? It? was a promotional gift from Wells Fargo my wife picked up at a conference. Snowflake is now a favorite of the granddaughter. For the past week or so, Snowflake has been serving as a willing and non-complaining model while I have been trying to learn the radio control and ratio system on my new Canon Speedlites. Say hi to Snowflake.

original.jpg

Larry

I haven’t posted much lately, but I have been using my camera. Thus, here is Snowflake. He? She? It? was a promotional gift from Wells Fargo my wife picked up at a conference. Snowflake is now a favorite of the granddaughter. For the past week or so, Snowflake has been serving as a willing and non-complaining model while I have been trying to learn the radio control and ratio system on my new Canon Speedlites. Say hi to Snowflake.

original.jpg

Larry

Hi Snowflakes! lol!