I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Late night at Disneyland last night! Our son's Club 33 membership got us awesome seats for Candlelight and dinner. Over-the-top in a good way....absolutely beautiful!

Full orchestra

p1311904806-5.jpg

Christmas story was narrated by Kurt Russel

p1311901540-4.jpg

Hundreds of voices illustrated the narration

p1311898246-5.jpg

Start dinner with a Bloody Mary garnished with a Lobster Claw!

p1312053470-4.jpg

Finish with an assortment of calories

p1311879144-4.jpg

Step out on the balcony for a breath of fresh air before leaving...

p1311879988-4.jpg

A fine night with family is a good way to start the Christmas season!

Dave

Edited by pierces

DW and I drove down to Joe's Stone Crabs in Miami to meet some out of state friends for dinner. While waiting I'm glad I brought my little P&S.

Solar powered lighthouse

P1020406.jpg

Catching some rays

P1020435.jpg

Art Deco crankshaft

P1020451.jpg

We saw the new Reflection sail (click for video).

th_00032.jpg

And was treated to a infomercial in the sky (click for video).

th_00035.jpg

Hello all I am a homeschooling mom and my 15 year old and I have decided that we want to learn digital photography so other than teaching him about his camera and composition of a photograph what other important lessons should he be taught in this lesson we will be concluding this unit with a b2b in the Caribbean on mariner of the seas. Thanks for all your help

Cheryl

Hello all I am a homeschooling mom and my 15 year old and I have decided that we want to learn digital photography so other than teaching him about his camera and composition of a photograph what other important lessons should he be taught in this lesson we will be concluding this unit with a b2b in the Caribbean on mariner of the seas. Thanks for all your help

Cheryl

Congratulations on teaching your 15 year old about digital photography. First, are you using a point & shoot or a DSLR camera? If you have a DSLR I would first recommend taking your camera out of Auto mode and trying Manual mode and getting familiar with the relationship between aperture, shutter speed, ISO and white balance.

Auto is okay for quick snapshots, but to get better control of your images you need to take control of your camera.

There is a ton of good video tutorials online. You can start by searching for Adorama Photography TV on Youtube. You can also check out http://digital-photography-school.com. They both have excellent learning videos.

Good Luck and I hope this helps. Feel free to post any questions you may have, I'm sure there are plenty of people here that can help. Happy shooting!

we want to learn digital photography

Cheryl

Cheryl:

You might Google "Fundamentals of Photography". There is a series of lectures by a National Geographic Photographer on DVDs.

Though I have been taking pictures for over too many (50) years, I found the series absolutely fascinating and loaded with photos!

Thank you all.. it is a true adventure to take control of all your children want to learn and create. Davis is learning on a Nikon d200 and i have a nikon d3200 so we are fortunate that my camera has a guide mode to help us as well... we have not used auto mode on the cameras yet.. i told him that was to be saved for after we learned the cameras. I will certainly check out the resources you have offered this week our adventure is going to be to create a pinhole camera and take pictures with that... back to basics so to speak.. well happy shooting y'all i certainly am enjoying it.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm...looks a whole lot like you're shooting in my neck of the woods! Good old S Florida - ospreys on dead trees, big waders fishing in tall reeds, birds flying by in the rain. I've got pretty much all of those same shots. Even that flower! ;)

Good to see some other S. Florida nature shooters in here.

The location of these shots is the same as my CC profile. The canal is used in the summer for pleasure boating and Lock 21 ( Liftlock ) has the highest lift in the world for this type of lock. With our mild weather, the canal finally opened for skating recently. I took these pictures today. The water is drained well below boating levels during the off season so the expanding ice doesn't damage the concrete and walls of the canal.

555361_10151406481975708_964359749_n.jpg

387122_10151406482260708_312703647_n.jpg

386996_10151406482315708_992437879_n.jpg