Anyone take a Thanksgiving Cruise??

Once I get an answer to this question, mods, please remove the thread.

We are booked on Voyager for the Thanksgiving week and were wondering whether they will be decorating the Christmas Tree and the ship for the holidays for our cruise. My DD and her family are hoping to use it as backdrop for their annual Christmas Card photo. If so, we'll pack our Canon Rebel for the pics. Thanks.:D

I'm pretty sure they start decorating after Thanksgiving...........have been on 2 cruises the first week of December and thats when they were putting up the decos.......Thanksgiving is Nov 25th this year so it might be a bit too early..

We were on the Navigator last November for both the pre-Thanksgiving (5 nt) & Thanksgiving (4 nt) cruises. The tree was put up while we were in port and the last night of the 2nd cruise they had a tree lighting and a Christmas parade featuring Santa.

Thanks just wanted a consensus of experiences to gleen from and don't consider this as one to last long thats why I asked them to do away with it.

Seems just what day in November(closer to December) and individual ships hotel mngr as to whether we get them or not. But it would've been nice for the card.:o

Thanks guys

I was on a cruise the week after Thanksgiving last year and the tree was half decorated when we boarded the ship. I met people who were onboard for a B2B and was told that the Christmas decorations started to come out the last two days of the cruise on Thanksgiving week.

I'd be taking your Canon Rebel anyways. It will take great photos and you should still be able to get some nice photos in front of other Christmas decorations. And it is possible that the tree could be up.

I heard they aren't going to put Christmas decorations out anymore because some atheists threatened one of the cruise lines with a law suit..

I don't think private cruise lines are subject to the same rules as the government is.

we've done 12 Thanksgiving cruises and there has never been any X-mas decorations. A few of the cruises the ships was being decorated as we were disembarking.

I've been on about the same amt and never seen Xmas stuff set up....asked a couple of times (different cruise lines) and was told that as soon as the Thanksgiving cruise is over, they start decorating......

We went on two Thanksgiving cruises. Once on the Crown Princess and once on the Adventurer of the Seas. Both decorated the entire ship with Christmas decorations. RCCLs was significantly more ornate than Princess.

We've taken about 3 Thanksgiving cruises (all with RCCL) and there were no Christmas decorations for us either. I remember the crew members, as we were disembarking, putting up the garland and Christmas tree.

They (RCCL) were offering, at that time, personalized Christmas cards (picture ones) which we did purchase on one of the cruises.

Come to think of it, I do remember some of the ports, Cozumel comes to mind, that had Christmas decorations up as we made our way around town.

I definitely would bring the camera. Nothing like the family on the beach in a Christmas card. We have done that a couple of times and I loved how our cards turned out.

Archived