Question on size of suitcase that will fit under the bed

riata1

Can anyone tell me what the largest size suitcase is that will fit under the bed in a balcony room on the Star?

Thanks!:)

A standard 31" suitcase usually fits. If it is too think, just open it up and it will fit then.

Since you are restricted to size on an airplane (unless you want to pay extra), your suitcase will definitely fit under the bed. Believe me, my DH packs the largest suitcase he can just to fit all of his electronics. :D

Thanks everyone, didn't want to be tripping over my luggage for 12 nights! Sounds like I am good on any size as long as I keep it in the airline requirements.

I am one of those that only wants to carry 1 bag....wonder if I can keep it under 50 pounds? LOL:D

Thanks everyone, didn't want to be tripping over my luggage for 12 nights! Sounds like I am good on any size as long as I keep it in the airline requirements.

I am one of those that only wants to carry 1 bag....wonder if I can keep it under 50 pounds? LOL:D

Invest in a handheld scale like this - click me

I have been known to overstuff my suitcases and it has saved me from overcharges at the airport.

....wonder if I can keep it under 50 pounds? LOL:D

Helps to visit a warm climate where you can bring lightweight clothing! Unfortunately on my next cruise it will likely be cool/cold in some places so I have to pack layers and a coat. :(

We bring two suitcases each (since we can fly Southwest--usually) and they all fit under the bed. We have two of the large roller-type Travel Pro cases and they fit under the bed with no problems.

So if you can fly with it, you can cruise with it also.

The only problem with that idea is Southwest does not do any international flights. So if the cruise is not round-trip from an American port the airline chosen will not be the bag-friendly one. :(

I never put my suitcase under my bed anyway. I empty it and keep it on the closet floor with my laundry bag on top. :)

The only problem with that idea is Southwest does not do any international flights. So if the cruise is not round-trip from an American port the airline chosen will not be the bag-friendly one.

Most mainline flights to Europe from the USA allow 1 bag at no extra charge. This would also be the allowance on same ticket domestic flights to get to the international flight departure airport.

For mainline flights to Australia and Asia, there would be two bags at no extra charge.

Not sure if it is one or two bags for South America and Africa.

(Above assume no overweight bags)

Archived