NCL DAWN sexual assult on 6/28...

Got Tequila?

Oh my.

Is anyone else surprised at the amount of details provided by Bermuda newspapers?

Very explicit reporting.

ETA, wait a minute, this happened on June 23, so he must have been detained in Bermuda till the 28th, therefore, he would not made it back on the ship for the sailing?

bet his wife is going to plant HER foot in between his legs when he gets home

I hate to judge based on facts from any media outlet but if I were a betting man the fact that he did this with her present leads me to believe that she probably doesn't care that he's doing this type of thing.

THAT IS JUST GROSS...

But, what needs to be said here is that young people, girls and boys, need not be embarrased and suffer in silence. They need to be able to STOP any infraction quickly and without apprehension. That young girl should have said loudly "woah, buddy... please do not touch me! It is inappropriate and unwelcomed!" What makes this character think resting his foot on the leg of a young girl who he just met is appropriate in any universe. He deserves whatever he got.

I hate to judge based on facts from any media outlet but if I were a betting man the fact that he did this with her present leads me to believe that she probably doesn't care that he's doing this type of thing.

very true a lot of women in these circumstances put on blinders especially if he's the sole bread winner of the household

You all are right. Probably isn't the first time this idiot has done something like this, and yes, his wife probably knows that he is a no good jerk, capable of these actions.

This must have been a humiliating experience for the wife and children of this pervert.

Perverts never think of the consequences, and how their actions will affect their loved ones, and their victims. It is all about them, and getting their perverted "high".

Really strange. Since it was just her word as to what happened, I would have expected the pervert to just deny, deny, deny. The fact that he admitted to the action makes me wonder if mental illness is the overriding issue. (And no, I am not in any way excusing him.)

Bill

While I agree that what he did was wrong and should be fined/locked up etc, this "teenager" was also 18, an adult. Giving someone a "look" while still allowing the foot to remain where it was is not enough. She needed to say NO and push his foot away. She's not a young girl or a young teenager. All she had to do is say something to him and call over someone to report it.

Yes, she shouldn't have had to go through that as it was horrible and yes, he should be held accountable for what he did to her. But at the same time, this whole thing could have been prevented if she had just said something to him. I would have understood if she was 12 or 14 but not 18, which in most places (including Bermuda), is deemed an adult.

While I agree that what he did was wrong and should be fined/locked up etc, this "teenager" was also 18, an adult. Giving someone a "look" while still allowing the foot to remain where it was is not enough. She needed to say NO and push his foot away. She's not a young girl or a young teenager. All she had to do is say something to him and call over someone to report it.

Yes, she shouldn't have had to go through that as it was horrible and yes, he should be held accountable for what he did to her. But at the same time, this whole thing could have been prevented if she had just said something to him. I would have understood if she was 12 or 14 but not 18, which in most places (including Bermuda), is deemed an adult.

She was clearly frightened and felt violated. What happened is in NO WAY her fault, and she is NOT responsible for "preventing" his actions.

She was clearly frightened and felt violated. What happened is in NO WAY her fault, and she is NOT responsible for "preventing" his actions.

at what point do we start holding people responsible to STOP what is happening to them?? She was 18, an adult. Whether she's frightened or not, she's old enough to know it's wrong and to do something about it after the fact, so why not do something before that point? My point was that whether she's frightened or voilated, she should have stopped it and said something. If she had been 30 or 40 years old, and the guy was playing footsie with her, i would most certainly have questioned why she didn't just push his foot away. The guy was a stranger. Not a teacher, cop or someone else in a position of authority. If someone walks up to you on the street and starts manhandling you, do you just stand there and let him do it or do you tell him no and walk away??

I'm not condoning what he did in any way shape or form. But he also wasn't holding her against her will or stopping her from the ability to just say NO. At what point is someone an adult enough to be responsible for their own actions, or in her case, her inactions??

at what point do we start holding people responsible to STOP what is happening to them??

We hold the assaulter responsible - NOT the victim.

But he also wasn't holding her against her will or stopping her from the ability to just say NO. At what point is someone an adult enough to be responsible for their own actions, or in her case, her inactions??

So those who are raped are at fault if they don't scream loudly enough? If they're drunk? Is it okay if a man has sex with a consenting young teen because she didn't say no?

She was likely in shock and did all she could by leaving the table as soon as she had the courage.

HE is responsible for HIS actions.

I would think that the perp had a son close in age to the victim, which is how the families originally met at Tobacco Bay.

The newspaper account said that the families met at Tobacco Bay, and then later had dinner together on the cruise ship. This dinner included both the perp, perps wife, perps son, and the victim and her family.

The young lady was probably was probably in total disbelief that this was happening at dinner in the presence of others, and kept quiet out of shock and embarrassment.

I don't find it unusual that she went waited until she was back in her room to tell what happened.

Even some adults who are shy are terrified of making a scene, regardliess of how awful the circumstances.

Archived