NCL DAWN sexual assult on 6/28...

Got Tequila?

When DD was about 15 we were Dland, watching the parade, a man who was at least in his 40's grabbed DD's behind, (I was not aware at the time) she gave him the look, and he said was sorry, he got bumped from behind. A few minutes later, he did it again, this time very obviously, I was still unaware of what was going on until her heard her scream with rage; "Get your freackin creeper hands off my a** you miserable pervert" and she didn't just say freakin either! So... I presented this story to her, asked what she would have done (she's almost 20 now) I figured she would say that she would have attacked the guy, made a scene, etc, but she brought up an interesting point, He had his little KID with him... she said she probably would have done something similar to what the girl did, get up, report it, but she would not have done it in front of the child. Something to think about, before everyone judges that girl.

:rolleyes:

It is funny the way these threads go, isn't it? I happen to agree with you and I am so surprised that everyone is siding with the victim here....because what I usually expect on CC is for everyone to stop thinking logically and do the complete opposite of what rational people would do.

Sorry, but the guy was certainly wrong...but really now...a foot on the knee of an 18yo? This is what a well adjusted 18yo does when their family members make friends with total strangers...and that total stranger turns out to be a moron...versus a lifelong family friend that they happened to meet on a cruise..........The 18yo says get your (fill in your favorite obscenity) foot off my leg you moron!!!! She says it loud and strong.........and doesn't wimper in shame and feel violated and too distraught to think rationally.

Was the guy a Moron? Dope? Nut? Sicko? YES

Should the 18yo have been able to deal with it? ABSOLUTELY

I disagree wholeheartedly. You can't expect that every 18 year old would be able to deal with a situation like this.

When I was 18, I was shy and had absolutely zero experience with men. I will bet that if this had happened to me at this age, I would have been shocked, embarrassed, and probably unsure if I should make a scene or just quietly get the hell out of there and (not be too embarrassed to) report it later....or heaven forbid have someone think I encouraged the disgusting behavior by not protesting vehemently enough on the spot.

Thanks alreadypacked..because of hard history on this kind of subject..still hard for me to guard words..somehow..living all the residual shame.."if I had only done this this way, that way" still comes up...it feels good to let this thread die out without a slap on the wrist ending... talking about it. sjn911.

Archived