Annoying things on Carnival (hope Carnival listens)

What would you like Carnival make disappear?  

385 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like Carnival make disappear?

• Photographers all over the place
    • Art Auctions
    • Video Arcade with outdated games
    • The "blue light specials" sales

"The photographer's are really annoying and everywhere you turn, just like the papparazzi "

This is incorrect.

Let see...you start to walk DOWN a STAIRCASE and are told...sorry...this is closed because we are using it to take pictures...

You walk down the promenade...and have some poor begging photog trying to get their minimum in...begging you to get your pic taken in front of their fake ship, piano, fireplace....Christmas pics in June...

and their props take up half the walking space....

and its not like you are at Olan Mills....

none of these really bother me too much, but i must say that the number of photo stations has increased since my first cruise. i have made a game out of it and raise my camera and take pictures of the annoying ones.

None of these things bother me. When I first started cruising I used to take all of the pictures, now I usually only take them on the first night. If I just keep walking no one bothers me.

I don't go into the arcade so I don't know what they have.

I don't attend art auctions.

I don't even know what the blue light special sales are.

I guess I am easy to please. I may not like it, but someone else probably does or they wouldn't have it. They would not have art auctions if it didn't bring in money. They wouldn't take so many pictures if they didn't sell enough to pay for all the ones they are throwing away, and make a profit. It is easy enough to walk by things I am not interested in.

X2 for me.

I voted. What annoys me most are the photo stations set up along the promenade every night. I can understand on the two formal nights on a 7 night cruise, but not every night. It clogs the flow along the promenade, and as most know, that is the main artery to get from aft to bow. (You can't get there on deck 3 and 4). Many of the photographers I have met are very nice, and I have nothing against taking pictures. It's just along the Promenade every night is like Bourbon Street at Mardi Gras.

You have 3 choices to avoid the photographers on Promenade. (On Conquest or Triumph class)

A. Go up to Lido to reach your destination without going on Promenade.

B. Go out the door to the outer deck from the Lobby and walk down.

C. Walk down the hall on a passenger deck.

How intrusive ARE the photographers? My DH is phobic about being photographed, and I don't like it much either. Does word get around among them that couple X doesn't want to be photographed UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES? He is going to get irritable if he has to dodge photographers all week.:eek:

For me, I never really looked at the art, never cared for the specials as much, never went inside the arcade, but I did choose the photographers. Not so much on those walking around, but those on the boulevards in the evening. One photographer should be OK, but it seems like there's three to four in the boulevard. Add the lines for it and it does get rough going through.

Our number one complaint, always listed on evaluation card, is the volume of sound used during the shows on board. Apparently Carnival staff who run the lights, sound, etc think that everyone is deaf. Actually, we usually are, after leaving a show. Never been on a ship yet when we haven't seen people leaving the theatre holding their ears because of the over powering sound volume. Then again, maybe since the people running the sound are all young and have had their ears blasted with music for so long, they blast the music because THEY'RE nearly deaf already and just assume everyone else is too!

Most annoying thing for us is pictures in the dining room every evening. They interupted conversation while they go around the table to each couple/famiy, servers trying to do their job around them (the MDR service is getting slower and slower w/ few servers already) or you have your mouth full and can only put your hand up to them. Pic in MDR have us sitting down and leaned together....not good pics. Ones who want them can get better ones with better backdrops before/after dinner.

JMHO,

Kat

The art auction doesn't bother me. It's always in a room I don't need to go. I don't have to go to it and it makes money for the cruise. Keeps my fare down.

I laugh at the blue light or one day only sales, since I'm on a cruise ship so often I know this is a lie.

We never have a picture taken. Just say no.

They have done away with the red blue thing. Thank god

We do Any Time Dinning and mostly miss the singing waiters. Even before ATD we would leave before they started.

Lynda

Tolerance is the word that keeps coming to mind when I visit CC lately. Tolerance that others have needs or wants beyond what I want for myself. If all of these items listed went poof tomorrow there would be something else to want tailored for individual preferences. In the past few weeks I've seen similar threads regarding a multitude of areas people want changes.

Back when I was a first time cruiser I loved having all of the things mentioned to become excited about. It enhanced my cruise experience to be able to have pictures taken just frequently through out my cruise. 7 cruises later have yet to have casual shots done although it is definatly on my to do list still . If photo sessions were limited then I'm sure the lines for having pictures taken would be very long and people would complain that they had to wait X minutes in a long line while precious vacation time was ticking away. I'm seeing alot of instances where the photographers are now asking "Can I take your picture?" instead of simply snapping them. We have said "No thanks" many times and they walk away to the next person who may want their's taken.

I have never been to an art auction but respect the fact that there are others who enjoy that experience. As long as Carnival gives me the option to not attend it I'm fine with it being offered to those that want it. I'm not even going to comment on the values etc of those items purchased since that's been ongoing.

Blue light specials are exciting for many cruisers new and old. I'm not a shopper but I still have the glass figures that I stood in line to purchase at one of these blue light specials. I also have a cute bracelet that I had made for me during one of those special "gold by the inch" deals. I have a tiny wrist so I loved having something made that actually fits and cost next to nothing. It's still perfect 3 years later.

The arcade is an area that if you are unhappy with the games offered make sure you put this on your comment card and follow up with a letter to guest services when you return home. Perhaps if they get enough of these comments they may take interest in them.

I'm not sure if I missed anything in the poll but you get the idea. All of it is fairly easy to avoid if it doesn't have any intrest to you. I'd hate to see it taken away for the rest of those that do enjoy it as part of their cruise experience.

Our number one complaint, always listed on evaluation card, is the volume of sound used during the shows on board. Apparently Carnival staff who run the lights, sound, etc think that everyone is deaf. Actually, we usually are, after leaving a show. Never been on a ship yet when we haven't seen people leaving the theatre holding their ears because of the over powering sound volume. Then again, maybe since the people running the sound are all young and have had their ears blasted with music for so long, they blast the music because THEY'RE nearly deaf already and just assume everyone else is too!

Oh, I totally agree with this! I TRY to remember to bring cotton balls for my ears when I'm going to a show... but my rememberer doesn't seem to work so great these days. ;)

What annoys me is how you purchase photos. You have to search for them among thousands of pictures and they shuffle them each day. They should outfit their cameras with card readers. Then they could even have a system where you could view your photos on the TV in your cabin or even buy them online after you get home.

The only thing I am annoyed by on a cruise are the smokers.....can't seem to get away from them. Especially on the balconies. We will be out having our breakfast in the morning on our balcony and have to eat through the disgusting smell of smoke.....eck! Of course, Carnival has no control over who has a habit.....but, they could maybe dedicate a deck where no smoking is allowed???

I don't mind any, except (not with Carnival) once when my family and I were dining, a photographer came and wanted to take pictures. My husband told him nicely we didn't want our pictures to be taken and he went to bug another family. Photographers can get annoying when they follow you, but I don't mind the ones that stay in the main lobby at all.

Some people enjoy these four things, so no purpose of taking them. Just don't go near them.

Archived