EPIC on NBC

LOL! That wasn't the token Epic shot I was hoping for but at this point in time, I would have taken it - shadowy figure and all :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, we all live in a great country's even myself (Canada) we are all very fortunate to have good health and well enough to travel.

And lets not forget our troops that are trying to keep us safe.

I have to agree it was a disappointment as far as showing the Epic was concerned. I also found it a bit amusing that the main performer for this 4th of July telecast was a Canadian. :eek: I really don't see the attraction to Justin Bieber, but I'm guess it's because I'm not a 12 year old girl. :D

Anyway I shut it off after the fireworks started since I doubted they'd having anything, such as a tour of the Epic. Plus, maybe it was just me, but fireworks don't seem to be as impressive watching them on TV. I'm sure it was beautiful to have been there in person though.

No kidding, way way way too much Justin Bieber (there's always too much of him all the time now...), too much fireworks, not enough Epic!

Then again I'm sure most of the (uneducated I might add :p ) public tuning in is for the fireworks and not the Epic, still doesn't make it right though! :D

No kidding, way way way too much Justin Bieber (there's always too much of him all the time now...), too much fireworks, not enough Epic!

Then again I'm sure most of the (uneducated I might add :p ) public tuning in is for the fireworks and not the Epic, still doesn't make it right though! :D

Hey quit kicking our little a Canadian boy around, give him a chance to figure out that the thingy does more than just peeing.

All kidding aside, we all live in a great country's even myself (Canada) we are all very fortunate to have good health and well enough to travel.

well said :)

The Macy's fireworks have to be seen in person to really enjoy, even with the huge crowds. The booms, etc. At times like that I envy the people who have riverview apartments.

There are 3 simultaneous displays up and down the coast of Manhattan so no matter where you are, if you have a riverview you see one of the displays.

Hey quit kicking our little a Canadian boy around, give him a chance to figure out that the thingy does more than just peeing.

I hope he waits until all his 10 year old fans reaches 16! :eek:

Seriously I'm all for having more Canadian talent succeed, but he's getting too much attention way too quickly, and seeing his "fans" cry because they saw him walk by is just so ridiculous.

K'naan, Arcade Fire, Tegan and Sara, etc are all way more talented (and far less annoying!) than Justin Beaver. I can't stand him at all lol. :o

Ok, I ask my husband who Justin was and his reply "that gay little boy that sings".

I ask my son (15) and he said, "he has a couple of good songs, but he is gay and I can't stand him"

Then my sons friend (a girl-who claims she's actually a boy) said "he is stupid and gay".

LOL...so I guess there's my answer. :D I wasn't missing anything by not knowing who this boy was.

The Macy's fireworks have to be seen in person to really enjoy, even with the huge crowds. The booms, etc. At times like that I envy the people who have riverview apartments.

There are 3 simultaneous displays up and down the coast of Manhattan so no matter where you are, if you have a riverview you see one of the displays.

So this was just 1 of the displays??? :eek: They had 6 different places there that they were letting them off at right there. So you are saying on down the river are another 2 of them displaying? Wow! I definitely need to go to NY next year for fireworks!

The way Norwegian EPIC is being included in this telecast is not quite what I was expecting.

I expected to see some of the ship since NCL was one of the sponsors of the fireworks show. I was disappointed but the fireworks were fantastic. They were 1000% better than the ones that were shown from Boston.

I believe NCL was a co-sponsor of the NBC broadcast, and Macy's paid for the fireworks. Were there any NCL commercials in the body of the show?

The use of Epic was as a platform right on the water, and the musical numbers were pre-recorded at remote locations (Rockefeller Center.) Julio Eglasias was the only performer on the ship proper and he appeared to have ear monitor problems and looked like he was lip syncing.

The ship was shown in one wide shot at night. All in all NCL got very little bang for their buck.

Upside is, we have some great photos of the ship from all our creative cruisers, and we'll all be passengers before long and experience it up close and personal as we cruise.

So true but I can still want more, can't I??:o

If I was NCL brass, I would be pissed at the broadcast. They moved heaven and earth to get that ship to New York in time for this broadcast, and got very little in return for it. What they showed on the air, sure wouldn't get me to want to book a cruise on that ship. Either NBC didn't give NCL what they promised, in regards to the exposure the ship would recieve, or some PR person for NCL needs to be fired.

If I was NCL brass, I would be pissed at the broadcast. They moved heaven and earth to get that ship to New York in time for this broadcast, and got very little in return for it. What they showed on the air, sure wouldn't get me to want to book a cruise on that ship. Either NBC didn't give NCL what they promised, in regards to the exposure the ship would recieve, or some PR person for NCL needs to be fired.

I totally agree. I would have promoted the heck out of that ship if I was NCL...along with COMMERCIALS!

If I am not mistaken the official press release said that the Norwegian Epic was to 'host' the fireworks display, not that NCL was a 'sponsor'. Since this was 'Macy's' fireworks show celebrating the 4th of July, I am not sure why some were expecting to see more of the Norwegian Epic. I think we have seen plenty (probably in the hundreds) of available videos an pictures (probably in the thousands) of the interior.

Count me in as some of the truly disappointed with the NBC telecast. I'm glad some crew onboard that I know got to see Enrique but seriously, what a botched opportunity for NCL to showcase the ship to the nationwide audience. :(

Spice H2O and a shadowy outline of the Norwegian Epic is all you could see. For the aerial shots of the ship they could have invested some $$ and got the exeterior of the ship lit up with spotlights for a half hour. NBC could have done some highlights of the ship, even if a 2 minute package on it because it was the host venue. I also can't figure out why NCL didn't hire an advertising company to shoot the ship and feature it at least ONCE during the commercial breaks they had.

The whole thing was weird but I have to say the fireworks were incredible! :)

Not surprising about your second point. A couple of days ago I went on the NBC website to find out more information. All they had was the Macy's Fireworks display featuring Justin Bieber. Nothing at all about the Epic. I even did a search and nothing came up.

By the way I believe Justin Bieber is 16. He is way overexposed and will probably fade away fairly quickly, kind of like the Jonas Brothers. All I can say is thank goodness for the mute button on my remote. :D

Oh and what was that about regarding the two Twilight actors? I thought they were going to do something besides mugging for the camera during their 30 second intro, since they were named as being guests on the show...not that I'm a Twilight fan, but it seemed wierd to name them as guests and then just introduce them. I wonder what their appearance fee was? :rolleyes:

NCL was well aware of the type of show it was going to be. The show was about the fireworks, not the cruise ship.

Totally agree....

Terrible show! Horrible music! I was excited to see what they were going to show of the ship if anything since they didn't do anything special for the maiden voyage I thought they might be saving it all for the show. What a joke! I ended up switching to the Washington 4th of July.

If I am not mistaken the official press release said that the Norwegian Epic was to 'host' the fireworks display, not that NCL was a 'sponsor'. Since this was 'Macy's' fireworks show celebrating the 4th of July, I am not sure why some were expecting to see more of the Norwegian Epic. I think we have seen plenty (probably in the hundreds) of available videos an pictures (probably in the thousands) of the interior.

NCL was definite;y one of the sponsors. Their name and logo was shown on the screen as they went to commercial, but there never was a commercial about the ship itself.

Archived