EPIC on NBC

NCL was definite;y one of the sponsors. Their name and logo was shown on the screen as they went to commercial, but there never was a commercial about the ship itself.

I stand corrected. The biggest sponsors mentioned (in order of appearance) were JEEP, VERIZON, and LEVI's, and mentioned last (at the very end of the nearly 25 minutes of uninterrupted fireworks displays)... NCL. The main sponsors probably laid claim to the 'air time' for commercial broadcast last year after the 2009 fireworks show was over. The entertainment and show were high energy and fun (just like a 4th celebration should be), and geared toward a younger crowd, not cruise ship enthusiasts. With that said the show was still about the FIREWORKS (which were, by the way SPECTACULAR) and on a much lesser note the ENTERTAINMENT that preceding it. Not about the EPIC.

Could more have been done. Maybe. Depends on how much commerical air time was available (if any) after the three big sponsors, and numerours other smaller sponsors, divided up the time alloted. NCL was probably a late comer.

EPIC got mentioned several times and at least two aerial shots showed the ship well enough. And after all, the show was called the Macys 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular.

I'm also in Atlanta and missed it as I triied to TIVO the show and came home to find the local fireworks, but it doesn't sound like I missed anything.

I thought for sure one of the morning shows would have broadcast something from the ship this morning. If memory serves Today show did a whole broadcast on Freedom of the Seas and it seemed like Oasis was everywhere... Here's the first truly redesigned cruise ship in memory and it went in and out of NYC without any real coverage. I was scanning the morning shows today to see whether they would have something more and nada. Even CBS' miserable morning show, they ran on a segment on "how to change your oil in your car"...I kid you not, instead of focusing on an Epic event in their own harbor. What in the world is going on? Maybe they charge for that kind of coverage and NCL didn't want to pony up, but it sure seems like a missed opportunity.

I am surprised to read all the negativity here. I came home from town after watching our town fireworks and watched the recorded NBC show.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED it! It was all about what our country stands for and I was so proud to hear all the patriotic music synchronized to the display. The armed forces tribute was wonderful. The Battle Hymn of the Republic sent chills down my spine! I was emotionally moved by the whole thing!

The technical intricacies of the display intrigued me also. I imagine that the fireworks were electronically set off, to be as they were mostly in unison from each barge.

The whole thing was fabulous in my opinion, and I am so proud that NCL was a part of making it happen.

By the way, did anyone see the Smiley Faces?

I am surprised to read all the negativity here. I came home from town after watching our town fireworks and watched the recorded NBC show.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED it! It was all about what our country stands for and I was so proud to hear all the patriotic music synchronized to the display. The armed forces tribute was wonderful. The Battle Hymn of the Republic sent chills down my spine! I was emotionally moved by the whole thing!

The technical intricacies of the display intrigued me also. I imagine that the fireworks were electronically set off' date=' to be as they were mostly in unison from each barge.

The whole thing was fabulous in my opinion, and I am so proud that NCL was a part of making it happen.

By the way, did anyone see the Smiley Faces?[/quote']

I agree too. It really moved me to see the tribute they did to everyone in the service. The show was spectacular!

Yep, I seen the smiley faces. :D I actually seen a few different fireworks that I've never seen before. There were square boxes too I believe. A very nice show indeed. I hope to make it there one day in person.

Archived