Seating for Breakfast Buffet in MDR

When you enter the dining room you will be asked "Two?" and you should reply "A table for two please." We have had to wait occasionally but never more than a few minutes. We have also been led to a large table with others but we always state "We requested a table for two." The same procedure applies at lunch. Call us anti-social if you wish but we eat ALL our meals in the MDR and ALWAYS at a table for two. Bon Voyage!

I forgot to ask in my previous post: Is this on the Explorer as well? The breakfast buffet in the MDR, that is.

TIA

Two weeks ago the MDR did NOT have a buffet on Explorer. They do have what they call a Meusli bar, aka a cereal bar, but definitely no buffet.

Two weeks ago the MDR did NOT have a buffet on Explorer. They do have what they call a Meusli bar, aka a cereal bar, but definitely no buffet.

Thank you! I didn't remember hearing or seeing on...The sit down breakfast is good for us.

when you enter the dining room you will be asked "two?" and you should reply "a table for two please." we have had to wait occasionally but never more than a few minutes. We have also been led to a large table with others but we always state "we requested a table for two." the same procedure applies at lunch. Call us anti-social if you wish but we eat all our meals in the mdr and always at a table for two. Bon voyage!
u r antisocial

When you enter the dining room you will be asked "Two?" and you should reply "A table for two please." We have had to wait occasionally but never more than a few minutes. We have also been led to a large table with others but we always state "We requested a table for two." The same procedure applies at lunch. Call us anti-social if you wish but we eat ALL our meals in the MDR and ALWAYS at a table for two. Bon Voyage!

U R NOT antisocial ;)

DH and I do the same thing. We enjoy intimate meals and it's more romantic for me when we get quality talk time over meal time. It's our "us" time and the rest of the cruise is the social/adventure/relax time. Some like to socialize during meal times, some like to chill. DH is a social butterfly so meal time is one of the times I get his undivided attention and I enjoy every moment of it!

It's always been our experience that it's very easy to get a table for two. It seems that cruiselines accustomed to flexible dining are very open to seating you in any table arrangement you request (if available).

~Lisa :p

I agree-you are not antisocial!

We always request a table for our own group for breakfast and lunch. I am not feeling very sociable early in the morning so don't want to eat with strangers and at lunch we always use that time to plan the rest of our day so to sit with others would be rude if we are just talking amoung ourselves.

u r wrong!

How is chosing to eat by themselves not anti-social?

Not saying eating by themselves is wrong, but clearly it is anti-social.

So is to some degree, communicating with words intentionally misspelled.

(Hope I spelled everything correctly, really going out on a limb here, but I have always been anti-social. People are so annoying.)

This past cruise on "Explorer" we asked for a table for 2 each morning. We don't mind sitting with people for dinner but in the morning your tired,just waking up and kinda want to wake up alone. That was my thinking and feeling anyway. The other thing is we never felt welcomed for breakfast in MDR. We just love the crew from "Explorer" but breakfast was just bad. We almost got the impression from the staff like "what are you doing here,go to the windjammer". The waitress the first morning was very short with my wife and gave me a dirty look when I asked for another orange juice. It was real dirty too that my wife and I just looked at each other with a "what the hell" was that look for. My wife started giving her order by saying "a toasted bagel" the lady cut her off and said "Is that it"my wife said no and again the waitress cut her off and said well I need your whole order but she didn't give her a chance. My wife then said " I want a toasted bagel and pancakes". It was almost like the waitress wanted the order in a different order. It was odd. Overall LOVE the staff of "Explorer" but MDR breakfast was a different story. JC

(Hope I spelled everything correctly, really going out on a limb here, but I have always been anti-social. People are so annoying.)

Do you request to eat with others when you go out to dinner at home? Does that make you anti-social? The reason we don't care to eat with others is that were afraid be stuck with opinionated name callers. Ugh! Spare me.:eek:

Just because they want a table for 2 does NOT mean you can immediately label them as anti-social. I am most definitely not an anti-social person but when my DH and I took a cruise with just the two of us a while back, I thoroughly enjoyed spending time making conversation with just him. We lead such busy lives normally and have 3 kids. It was a real luxury to just share a dinner table with him allowing us to concentrate on reconnecting with each other. :D

Do you request to eat with others when you go out to dinner at home? Does that make you anti-social? The reason we don't care to eat with others is that were afraid be stuck with opinionated name callers. Ugh! Spare me.:eek:

LMAO, thats SO true!

I can see if it is the only time you can get to talk with your spouse why you would want to sit at a table for two.

However, the earlier comment said they always sat at a table for two. So they eat at a table for two all the time and you think they are not anti-social?

What would someone have to act like to be anti-social?

I can see if it is the only time you can get to talk with your spouse why you would want to sit at a table for two.

However, the earlier comment said they always sat at a table for two. So they eat at a table for two all the time and you think they are not anti-social?

Pay attention and I will explain. Post #26 was my reply to the OP. Post #29 was joge107 telling me that I was anti-social. Post #32 was my reply to joge107 that he or she was wrong. I used their form of address i.e "u r wrong" to poke fun at their use of text-speak. Then you jumped in with Post #33 (using text-speak in your title which you ridiculed in the same post) regarding my reply to joge107. Now, you write in the post quoted above "What would someone have to act like to be anti-social?" Re-read your own posts for the answer.:rolleyes: I'm not shunning contact with others; just others like you.

Its not anti-social to want to wake up,drink some coffee and get your barings to start the day by yourself before dealing with other people. If you said you never want to sit with people that would be anti-social.

Picking their nose at the table would do it for me ;)

I would always ask for a table for two, as over breakfast is when we talk about what we're going to do in the day ahead and it would be anti-social just to discuss stuff amongst ourselves and not chat to other people. Therefore it's less anti-social in that case to have a table to ourselves where we can look at our maps and guidebooks in preparation for the day ahead.

Not that it really matters, but I was just thinking....

Several posters have commented that the MDR is more "civilized" than a buffet. What does that really mean? Are folks in the buffet sitting on the floor consuming raw meat with their hands?;)

Archived