Taking alcohol on Constellation

cruzadict

Celebrity does offer liquor packages that you can order and have delivered to your cabin. My husband enjoys Tanqueray so we order the package which includes the bottle of liquor, six cans of soda, and a box of specialty nuts. He enjoys the Tanqueray and I enjoy the sodas!

We have purchased liquor in some duty free ports, i.e., for example Athens last year on the Equniox. Was no problem, carried on in my tote bag. Just one bottle. Did the same thing in Turkey on the same cruise.

Figure if they took we would use on our land portion after the cruise. They didn't and we enjoy it while sitting on our balcony.

There have been numerous reports of security taking alcohol found in bags and keeping it until the end of the cruise. They do scan all bags and will call passengers to the "bad person room" to open luggage if they see something in luggage.

There have been numerous reports of security taking alcohol found in bags and keeping it until the end of the cruise. They do scan all bags and will call passengers to the "bad person room" to open luggage if they see something in luggage.

Guess things have changed or they are not very consistent because we have done the same thing on the 10 cruises we have taken with Celebrity since 2000. Never have had them take a bottle from us.

Celebrity's alcohol policy says that you could not bring on any vodka. They do not allow you to bring on any alcoholic beverages other than 2 bottles of wine per cabin and then only at your initial embarkation and not at any port stops.

They do scan and search and if alcoholic beverages are found they will hold it until the last night of the cruise.

There are a lot of discussion threads on Cruise Critic debating the smuggling of alcoholic beverages that are not permitted and if you read these you'll find that some people succeed in smuggling and some do not. There are frequent reports of people having bottles confiscated at the scanners on entering the ship and of those who have had bottles detected in their luggage and have had their luggage diverted to a storage room where they've had to claim the bags and open the in front of security so their bottles could be confiscated. So if you do attempt to smuggle then be prepared to have it confiscated and don't be upset if this happens.

There are plenty of ways to purchase alcoholic beverages on board. These would include the following options for consumption in your room: 1) drinks ordered from room service, 2) in room mini-bar purchases, 3) in room drink set-ups which include a bottle of spirits and mixers ordered in advance or on board and 4)get a drink at any bar and carry it back to your room. Alcoholic prices on board are naturally much more expensive than buying retail but they are reasonable in relation to drink prices at all but the least expensive bars, restaurants and resorts I've been to.

On the other hand, if you are elite you have access to the happy hour. Also, if you do CC, you have a bottle of bubbly in your cabin.

o.k., I'll admit my ignorance... what is CC (other than Cruise Critic)

On our last cruise on the Millenium in March 10 we had alcohol removed from our baggage. it was replaced with a note stating that it would not be returned, and it was not returned at the end of our cruise.

o.k., I'll admit my ignorance... what is CC (other than Cruise Critic)

Unfortunately there are several meanings depending on the context:

Cruise Critic

Concierge Class (type of cabin)

or Captain's Club (frequent cruiser program)

Jackdiamond - We are elite members but what and where is "happy hour". This is our 20th cruise with Celebrity and have never heard of this facility!! Have decided that it is not worth the hassle of trying to bring Vodka on board and will just purchase it from the bar as and when. Don't see the point of trying to "buck the system".

Unfortunately there are several meanings depending on the context:

Cruise Critic

Concierge Class (type of cabin)

or Captain's Club (frequent cruiser program)

And then there's Credit Card. On many lines you get a bottle of Dom Perignon when you pay for your cruise with the top tier American Express.

You get an invitation once on board, and also a special card to show in order to gain entry. It might be Michael's Club, or some other venue. Where it is held depends, in part, on how many other Elite members are on board. When did you last cruise with X? Perhaps it was before this program started?

And then there's Credit Card. On many lines you get a bottle of Dom Perignon when you pay for your cruise with the top tier American Express.

If you have the Black Card you can afford your own bottle of Dom Perignon!

Probably not. Although I say that with a couple of comments. Those traveling together in one stateroom are allowed (i.e. one guest is Elite, one is not, but both can use the lounge) and I believe that all members of one family are allowed. On recent trips, where part of the group was Elite and part wasn't, we asked the Captain's Club hostess if we could bring the others in as guests. She gave the okay to come with us one night only as a courtesy. Depending on how many Elite passengers are on your cruise, you may find other circumstances. Have been on cruises with as many as 400 Elites, and as few as 50. Most of the time, there is a staff member at the door to check your entry card, and you are asked to leave it out on the table so the server can see it as well. Dress is smart casual and above -- people have been turned away for having poolwear on, for wearing flip flops. This all is somewhat variable depending on the Captain's Club personnel on board and how they run the program on that particular sailing.

Archived