How many times have you ordered room service...

GOcanucksGO

Please share your expericence on odering room service on a princess

cruise, how many times?, how many times in a day?, and if they get

mad if you order alot or all the time. I know there alot of yummy foods and

deserts all over the ship but on a long 2 week cruise how many times would

a person order room service. please note ultimate balcony breakfast/dinner do not apply as they are a paid item.

thanks

we get room service every morning fro continental breakfast...

and we typically will order it for a lunch or mid-afternoon "snack" at least once or twice on every cruise..depends on the itinerary

service has always been prompt and courteous...

do they get mad?? where would you get that idea?? they are great!!! don't hesitate to order as many times as you want....

my standard tip is $3 for any room service

We get the continental breakfast maybe 2-3 times a week and sometimes just coffee. They are always on time and very nice...never acting like we're ordering too often, that's never crossed my mind.

We usually give them a couple of dollars as a tip and that's that. It's usually a great thing to do if we have an early shore excursion.

I don't remember ordering for another meal, but we would if we needed to.

I often order room service for a continental breakfast, and quite a few times for dinner on a longer cruise (2 - 4 weeks) when I get tired of going to the dining room. The soup and chef's salad makes for a really nice dinner, at least for me. :)

We often order coffee and the continental breakfast so we can enjoy it on the balcony. We also order snacks in the afternoon and occassionally we will order a sandwich and dessert for lunch or dinner. The staff who delivers the orders are always pleasant and very prompt. We do tip for each order.

Room service does not cover the entire menu from the dining rooms unless you are in a suite. You would be missing the vass majority of items that are offered.

You could order it several times a day if it makes you happy but you could stay in a hotel and do the same for a lot less! It is customary to tip the room service folks a couple of dollars per trip.

We've never ordered room service on a cruise except for one Ultimate Balcony Breakfast and two Ultimate Balcony Dinners. I wake up early and then bring fru-fru coffee back for my wife off the coffee card when she awakes. I like roaming the ship early in the morning. Go forward out the "secret door" to see what's up.

In the past we have ordered continental breakfast every day. On our last cruise we never ordered room service at all. We are not ones to hang out in our room. Once we are up and dressed we are out of the room until it's time to change for dinner. I have never even looked at the room service menu. I guess if we were on a longer cruise we probably would order food through room service one night just for a change, but a 7 day cruise is too short to be wasting time in the room.

I'll order yogurt, grapefruit and tea on port mornings. I don't like eating in a bedroom so would never order more than that or more often. I only do it on port mornings because I don't like to get up early and so can't get myself down to the dining room/up to the buffet early enough before it's time to head ashore!

Please share your expericence on odering room service on a princess

cruise, how many times?, how many times in a day?, and if they get

mad if you order alot or all the time. I know there alot of yummy foods and

deserts all over the ship but on a long 2 week cruise how many times would

a person order room service. please note ultimate balcony breakfast/dinner do not apply as they are a paid item.

thanks

Normally, unless we are in a full suite, we rarely order room service. Only if we have gotten back from shore and don't feel like going up to the buffet and are in need of a small lunch. The room service menu is very limited, and there aren't a lot of choices, and only a few that actually interest either one of us.

Now, in a full suite, we often order dinner when we don't feel like going out, or a full breakfast on port days when there isn't time for Sabatinis. ;)

We have never used r.s. for lunch or dinner but do order the continental breakfast on port mornings when we want to get ashore early. I have never heard of them getting mad for using it too much...give the waiter a tip and they leave all happy.:)

My friend and I always order our breakfast from Room Service. This helps us to control our weight gain during the cruise. We order a fruit platter, yogurt or Special K with coffee and tea. That way, we're not tempted by all of the great high calorie breakfasts. We save ourselves for dinner and a great dessert later on, and , of course, an ice cream at the pool.

Never, I don't like to eat in my "bedroom" unless I'm sick. At the most, it's coffee in the morning or a cocktail...whenever, but no room service. I prefer to throw some clothes on and sit at the coffee bar for my first cup of coffee and chat with others to get my day started.

We were next to a full suite on Emerald last cruise on Rivieria deck and I honestly believe the couple ordered most of their meals by room service.(Full suites only can order whatever is being served in the dining room.) The few times we got room service them served with a smile.

Every morning for coffee/pastries and at least once or twice for lunch, especially if we come back from port hot and tired. We have always had a balcony though. On our last cruise (not Princess) my kids ordered it all the time and had no problem. We always tip at least $3.

Coffee and continental breakfast pretty much every morning of the cruise. Hot tea later in the day, and the occasional sandwich or salad. We have never had anyone appear annoyed or mad at bringing items to our cabin. We usually tip the room service waiter $2.

Archived