Trying to locate a B&B - Rome

CruisinManiac

A couple of years ago, I read here about a family run B&B in the middle of Rome. It was run by a very nice family. I remember that it had no elevator, so we didn't book there because of my elderly parents. I think it started with an "A". Can anyone make a suggestion?

Could you be referring to Nicolas Inn? They used to get a lot of positive comments on Cruise Critic although I haven't heard much about them in a while. They are family-run, small, and in the heart of Rome. I think they book up well in advance.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d501581-Reviews-Nicolas_Inn-Rome_Lazio.html

Just in case you don't get the name of the B & B from someone here, Tripadvisor is a good source for accommodation reviews. Here's a link to the Rome B&B reviews. If you want to refine the search to a particular neighborhood, e.g. "Historic Center", click on the appropriate box in the panel on the left, under "Neighborhood".

p.s. Just realized that I was composing my post when Cynthia posted above ... which reconfirms that Tripadvisor is a popular site.:)

Nope, neither of those are the B&B that I seek, although it does start with an A. It's something like Ambrose or Abatrose....

I had already done a search on Tripadvisor (my friend ;)) and Venere, which is where I booked the B&B in 2008. Then, I got a very nice email from the proprietor saying that the Venere website had messed up, and they didn't have the 3 rooms that I booked. I was very disappointed because I had read such wonderful reviews both on CC and Tripadvisor. Oh, how I which I had saved that email. :(

Nope, neither of those are the B&B that I seek, although it does start with an A. It's something like Ambrose or Abatrose....

There's one called Aldebaran which is #5 in the list of B&Bs on Trip Advisor?

have you searched on B&B's rather than hotels?

Yes, I searched the B&B listings, not hotels.

Nope, not Abacus. It's in the center of Rome, in an old building. the proprietors live in the building as well. It has three or four stories, and a couple of rooms with rooftop veranda's.

I give up! Maybe the name will come to me in a dream. As someone pointed out, there are only 600 something B&B's in Rome central. How hard could it be! :D

I had already done a search on Tripadvisor (my friend ;)) and Venere, which is where I booked the B&B in 2008. Then, I got a very nice email from the proprietor saying that the Venere website had messed up, and they didn't have the 3 rooms that I booked. I was very disappointed because I had read such wonderful reviews both on CC and Tripadvisor. Oh, how I which I had saved that email. :(

You might try logging into your Venere account to find that old reservation...or ask Venere to track it for you.

• 5 weeks later...

I tied this, but it says that I don't have an account. :confused:

Anyway, just wanted to report back that I did find the B&B, and it was quite by accident while researching another. It the Arco dei Tolomei. Yay!!! Now, I just hope they have space this time. :)

Archived