View From ship

geocruiser

Hi,

Just want to ask this, and it may sound nuts. But I have taken many cruises to the Caribbean but the last one we did this past March on Azamara was prettier than all the others. What I mean is the landscape just look so much prettier than other times in the islands. We did go to smaller islands because of the size of the ship. But is was just so much prettier than the other cruises.

Has any one else viewed this the same way?

Maria

The Caribbean is lovely...sunshine, aqua water, palm trees, brightly colored buildings. It looks the same on all ships....big and small. It is also is beautiful on land looking at the ship. Maybe you were looking at the islands after drinking the free wine. Free wine will make any place look gorgeous.

The OP went in March, pre Free Wine I believe ... perhaps a positive attitude was enough and they didn't require wine to brighten the picture? The OP does mention that they visited different ports due to the mall size of the ship ... something we too experienced in the Med, and agree that some of the views were very special.:)

The Caribbean is lovely...sunshine, aqua water, palm trees, brightly colored buildings. It looks the same on all ships....big and small. It is also is beautiful on land looking at the ship. Maybe you were looking at the islands after drinking the free wine. Free wine will make any place look gorgeous.

Hi,

I just thought it very beautiful. I have been on 65 cruises with about 55 of them to the Caribbean and it just seemed more beautiful than before. Maybe I was looking at it through Azamara eyes!

Maria

Could it be that you are lower to the water and that it is so easy for everyone to get out on deck to enjoy the sights?

Don't know. But there were lots of small island dotting the ocean that were close together. I think that helpped out the view.

Maria

Archived