Cirque Dream Seating Question

Bgem75

Upper level is dining also, correct. In the photo link above, it looks like there are just chairs lined up facing a railing overlooking the performance area.

That's what it looks like in the pictures don't it? I ask on that post about the tables upstairs because it didn't look like it in the post: "Yes, indeed, there are table tops large enough for bread, dinner, wine, water, etc. in the upper level of the Spiegel Tent. " Which of course I assumed since we are paying for dinner no matter where you sit. The pictures just look odd.

He could have been the only act in the show and I would have been totally content.

Seriously? Someone needs to find a youtube video on this...I gotta see what everyone is talking about. He's in a bathtub doing what??? :eek: :confused:

Seriously? Someone needs to find a youtube video on this...I gotta see what everyone is talking about. He's in a bathtub doing what??? :eek: :confused:

I couldn't find video of the bathtub scene, but here's a great video behind the scenes, as they prepared for the show....it will give you some concept of what to expect:

I was on the 2 nighter/NYC. Sat upstairs. There is only 1 row of seats, along a glass 1/2 way up railing. I found myself sometimes having to lean forward but other than that, the view was great. Behind us, there was only enough room for 1 or 2 people to pass with a curtain behind that. The wait staff popped in & out from somewhere back there.

I do suggest that since they ask you not to get up during the 2 hr show, that you try & sit upstairs. If you do have to get up for any reason, it wouldn't disturb the show or other guests.

I found the show interesting with loads of talent-and the "bathtub guy" actually does an aerial scene which had the 2 young ladies next to me almost falling off the balcony. I found the narrative boring though & thought they could have shortened the show a bit. Became uncomfortable sitting on wooden chairs for 2 hrs.

I've seen a couple of people posting that they had to turn their chair around to view the show. I'm how those that did that ate their meal - did you have to keep twisting around to reach your plate or did you put the plate on your lap? Either solution doesn't seem very comfortable to me.

I couldn't find video of the bathtub scene, but here's a great video behind the scenes, as they prepared for the show....it will give you some concept of what to expect:

Thanks, yea I did see that once before. I think the show is going to be amazing and I can't wait.

Just wanted to let ya'll know I was on the July 10th sailing with Mary. I went in line two hours before the show started and got the BEST and only two seated table right in front. It was amazing and the food was better than I had expected it to be. I did have the premium seating. I did hear someone else that had gotten there after the doors had already opened get seated in some not so good seats. She said she had paid for premium seating. She wasn't happy. :o

I've seen a couple of people posting that they had to turn their chair around to view the show. I'm how those that did that ate their meal - did you have to keep twisting around to reach your plate or did you put the plate on your lap? Either solution doesn't seem very comfortable to me.

I was one of them. I actually did both. I ate with my salad on my lap so I could see. As for my dinner, since having it on my lap wouldn't work with all the cutting, I had to cut, take a bite, turn to see the show, repeat. It wasn't the best set up, but I had an unobstructed view of "the man in the tub"!

Just wanted to let ya'll know I was on the July 10th sailing with Mary. I went in line two hours before the show started and got the BEST and only two seated table right in front. It was amazing and the food was better than I had expected it to be. I did have the premium seating. I did hear someone else that had gotten there after the doors had already opened get seated in some not so good seats. She said she had paid for premium seating. She wasn't happy. :o

Did I read this correct...YOU STOOD IN LINE FOR 2HOURS?????

I AM SO NOT WILLING TO WAIT IN LINE FOR THAT LONG..ITS NOT LIKE I AM WAITING FOR A RIDE IN DISNEY...At least there you know going into it that you have to wait in line all day!! You must be very patient. i would not be!!

DH has said there is no way in hell he is waiting that long and if he would be expected to that NCL would not have a happy cruiser on their hands. He has said he will go 1/2 before a show after all we did make reservations!!

Did I read this correct...YOU STOOD IN LINE FOR 2HOURS?????

I AM SO NOT WILLING TO WAIT IN LINE FOR THAT LONG..ITS NOT LIKE I AM WAITING FOR A RIDE IN DISNEY...At least there you know going into it that you have to wait in line all day!! You must be very patient. i would not be!!

DH has said there is no way in hell he is waiting that long and if he would be expected to that NCL would not have a happy cruiser on their hands. He has said he will go 1/2 before a show after all we did make reservations!!

I agree. No way am I spending 2 hours of my time waiting in a line to a show that I had to pay for to begin with. Maybe 1/2 hour-45 min at the MOST. That's just crazy. :eek:

I agree. No way am I spending 2 hours of my time waiting in a line to a show that I had to pay for to begin with. Maybe 1/2 hour-45 min at the MOST. That's just crazy. :eek:

For Cirque, we saw a line-up and were told on the TA that it was the same line for Premium and Standard (apparently its now two lines), but we lined-up 30 mins before the show was supposed to start.

Within 5 - 10 minutes, the line was moving and we were seated with 15 mins to get comfy in our seats.

With BMG, we arrived 30 mins before showtime, and the line started moving almost immediately...it took 10 mins or so because they were having check-in terminal problems....but otherwise looked as though it would move fairly quickly.

On the July 17th sailing, we arrived about 20 minutes early with reservations for standard seating. There was no line as I recall, and we were asked where we wanted to sit. We chose upstairs, which was about half full at that point.

Even with the sometimes obstructed view, I might choose the booth seating if I could do it over because the regular chairs got real uncomfortable after 1 1/2 hours.

EDIT: Actually, I was thinking of BMG when I said that there was no line. There was a line at Cirque - about 10 people in front of us, and we waited less than 5 minutes.

We saw this act twice on a two week cruise. Both times we paid for regular seating. Once we sat a few seats away from the actual round stage and once upstairs. Both seats were fine and we could see everything. The area they use is much small than the pictures so save a few dollars with reqular seating.

• 3 weeks later...
lol..My husband would not like that..On one of our cruises years ago i wanted to sit on the first floor near the stage...we had a comedian...lets just say my husband ended up on stage with two other guys and the comedian made them wear wigs and sing and dance to motown...i have never laughed harder..best part i have it on tape!!!!

On our first cruise, NCL Star, being newbies, we didn't realize if you sat in the front row of the theater you may become part of the comedian's show. My husband wound up covered in toilet paper. He was known as toilet paper man the rest of the week.

Archived