Cirque Dream Seating Question

Bgem75

We already know that the seating is regular $15 or premium $20..however we have come across the question of.. Where is the premium seating versus the regular(taking into account that we do know some premium is 1st floor right in the action)..however what is the seating considered in the back of the first floor?? What is the second floor overlooking the stage?

Not 100% sure about the premium seating, I assumed it was all up top. We had regular seating on the 1st level, we were the second table back and had a good view of everything. We met another couple that had one of the booths in the back on the 1st floor and said their daughter had to lay down in the booth to see whenever there was "action" up high. Also they said the waiters kept walking in front of them and it was very frustrating. They complained to NCL and were offered refunds but declined, they just wanted to make them aware of the issue.

I'm pretty sure that the distinction is sightlines to the tent-top.

If you're in the periphery booths, you can't see the Big Top, because the roofline is in the way.

I believe those are the non-premium seats.

We booked regular premium, and lucked-out when we got there.... we were ring-side, didn't have to participate, and had excellent sightlines. :D

We didn't have premium seating, but sat front row on the floor with perfect views. They say with premium seating you become part of the show, that only happened with people on the floor, so I don't know how the 2nd level can be premium seating in that sense.

Hi

Last week I was seated in the upper level overlooking the centre bit. For what I wanted to see it was great. Most of the acts are 'ariel' acts and often I found that I was looking straight into the eyes of the performer(s). There was 1 act that was staged entirely at floor level and being up on high, I was given a rare glimpse of how it was done - but it was so fast, I still can't believe it was done at all. The rest of the show was (IMHO) just padding and trying to create a scene for the 'acts'. I found this somewhat weak. The 'acts' themselves were very very good, and could have been performed as a regular stage show.

By the way - upstairs is all standard seating.

Mark.

We were in regular seating, second table back from the action and my husband ended up being part of the show.

lol..My husband would not like that..On one of our cruises years ago i wanted to sit on the first floor near the stage...we had a comedian...lets just say my husband ended up on stage with two other guys and the comedian made them wear wigs and sing and dance to motown...i have never laughed harder..best part i have it on tape!!!!

We were in regular seating, second table back from the action and my husband ended up being part of the show.

ok -- I am STILL trying to get a handle on what seats our group has booked - we paid $20 for premium -- thinking that means front row seats on the first floor..............

SO -- you paid $15 and were located on first floor but just second table back from the front row......right????

and - the ones who've complained they were in the back of the first floor paid $15?? and not $20 -- right???

I do not want to think I am getting front row and end up in one of those booths or table at the back of the first level -- I'd rather pay less and be around the railing on the second floor.........

also -- is there more seating on second floor other than the railing seating? those seats look wonderful but I would not want to be behind them as then it would be difficult to see what was happening on the floor........

I think I have the right picture???? :confused:

ok -- I am STILL trying to get a handle on what seats our group has booked - we paid $20 for premium -- thinking that means front row seats on the first floor..............

SO -- you paid $15 and were located on first floor but just second table back from the front row......right????

and - the ones who've complained they were in the back of the first floor paid $15?? and not $20 -- right???

I do not want to think I am getting front row and end up in one of those booths or table at the back of the first level -- I'd rather pay less and be around the railing on the second floor.........

also -- is there more seating on second floor other than the railing seating? those seats look wonderful but I would not want to be behind them as then it would be difficult to see what was happening on the floor........

I think I have the right picture???? :confused:

ok..so you said what i was thinking!!

That is what i thought it was going to be.

Jeez, I was there and thought I understood everything but now everyone has me confused now too. We paid 15.00 for standard seating. My impression was all lower level was standing seating, whoever got in line earliest got the closer seats. Above posters have contradicted that theory so I don't know now. We got in line about 25 minutes before showtime and got the second table back. I was picked to be part of the show twice somehow. I absolutely did not want to get picked, but it wasn't so bad. I don't know why they picked on me, twice for that matter, our table didn't really stick out, neither did I.

Our friends who sat in a booth also paid 15.00 for standard seating, they got there later than us so they were directed to a booth in the back.

When we got there, half the upper level was full, by showtime it was completely full. There was only one row of seats for sure in the upper level. It seems to me that would be the better place to sit, however you will not be picked to be part of the show up there.

On another note, the murder mystery lunch which was sold out (We were on standby and luckily got in) had no seating in the upper level, it was empty. I don't think it would have been a bad view from up there, I would rather have sit up there than nothing, there were probably about 20 people on standby that weren't able to get in because it was full.

IMO, the booth seats in the back make it very difficult to see any of the ariel action. You are just too far back. Not to mention that the servers are constantly walking by your line of view, and even some of the actors seem to get in the way. We also had an awful pole to fight with trying to see.

Get there early with your premium seats otherwise you may end up like us with premium seats without any view. I suggest as close as possible to the stage, or the upper balcony "bar." As soon as your seated if you are unhappy with your seats make it known!

Are you saying you had premium seating and had to sit in one of the booths? Yikes. I don't think Norwegian realizes exactly where the best seating is. I'm recommending to everyone to save your $5 and get regular seating. We were happy with our view. We had actually tried to book premium online before the cruise and again once we got on and they were booked and had to settle for standard. I think I'm glad they were.

Well, my question was...if you are seated upstairs, I assume there is only 1 row. Otherwise, if there were tables behind you, you wouldn't be able to see. So, I think this question was answered.

I also found pictures in this link: http://maritimematters.com/2010/07/quadruple-decked-norwegian-epic-part-four-decks-6-and-5/

Scroll down to see Cirque. I assume the red sections you see at the back of the picture are the booths people are referring to? If so, I don't see how you could see much from back there.

(Making note to self to arrive early and stand in line for "standard" premium seats-hopefully upstairs). :D

(Making note to self to arrive early and stand in line for "standard" premium seats-hopefully upstairs). :D

There are some 'views' which you'd miss from upstairs.... :eek:

You'll be remembering these views whenever you wash the dishes, in the future.... ;)

You'll be remembering these views whenever you wash the dishes, in the future.... ;)

oh my.......:eek:

Think our group will keep our $20 tickets as it appears those are indeed the 'ringside' seats - there should not have been more premium tickets sold than seats available -- btw, $5 is not what I am worried about.... I just want to be able to see the show.....so if we were near the front of the premium seating line we should be able to get a good seat for sight... ....I do not want to be a part of the show - I just want to be able to see it - but if I am chosen I will be a good sport about it. :p

THANK YOU for all of your kind, patient answers to those of us who have prepaid and trying to figure out if we bought what we think we bought.:confused:

Yea, I've read things about a "hot guy in the bath tub". I'm still wondering what this is all about. :confused: :eek:

We asked about the seating, and it was explained to us that the inner tables directly around the stage area are the only tables that are premium. The rest of the main floor tables and the upper level are all standard. I believe they said less than 50 seats are premium.:)

How do you manage to get seated upstairs? I was regular seating, got there 45 mins before showtime, and was seated at one of the tables in the back of downstairs and couldn't see very much. One guy at the end of the table had his back to the stage so had to twist around in his seat to see anything!

When I bring DH over Christmas I want to be sure we sit upstairs!

There is no need to be worried about participating in the show. I deliberately picked standard seating so that this wouldn't happen but the participants aren't made to look silly, and they don't get wet or anything like that. By the way we got there quite late and were seated in a booth which was very comfortable and cosy but you couldn't see a lot of the action and it was awkward for my husband because he was sitting at right angles where the booth curves round (it seats 4) and had to spend the evening turning his head and trying to look up.

While I think of it, make sure you use the restroom before the show as it lasts for 2 hours and there are no bathroom breaks. They actually say before the show starts please do not leave the theatre to use the restrooms, which is a bit late as you are already stuck in your seats.

Me and my DH have absolutely no desire to be a part of the show so we'd very much prefer to be seated upstairs.

From what I read no matter when you come there is no guarantee you'll get these seats. Looks like it's pretty random.

Just curious. If we book the show online, ask specifically about seating upstairs when we get there and are not able to get them.

What happens if you refuse the seats they offer you? Can they change the booking (which doesn't guarantee you the seats you want either:rolleyes: Will you still be charged if you refuse the seats?

It's not about the money but I don't want to spend 2 hours sitting somewhere I have hard time seeing the show and feeling uncomfortable.

We asked about the seating, and it was explained to us that the inner tables directly around the stage area are the only tables that are premium. The rest of the main floor tables and the upper level are all standard. I believe they said less than 50 seats are premium.:)

Well- now I know this subject is closed for me. :) Our group of 8 have the $20 seats and I was quite concerned when someone posted there are only TEN of these seats available - with 50, it is all 'gravy' as my son says.....

Thanks, Mary!! We look forward to your review when you have time to get your thoughts together -- it will be very helpful, I'm sure.

BTW -- someone mentioned a 'spa pass' to purchase when you first get on board -- I am going to post the qt as a new topic so maybe you can answer that one for us.

Well- now I know this subject is closed for me. :) Our group of 8 have the $20 seats and I was quite concerned when someone posted there are only TEN of these seats available - with 50, it is all 'gravy' as my son says.....

Thanks, Mary!! We look forward to your review when you have time to get your thoughts together -- it will be very helpful, I'm sure.

BTW -- someone mentioned a 'spa pass' to purchase when you first get on board -- I am going to post the qt as a new topic so maybe you can answer that one for us.

Spa pass for TA was $119 single, $199 couple. Access to thalassotherapy pool, jacuzzis, aromatherapy steam showers, sauna, aft balcony of spa.

Archived