Future Cruise Credits

TheHappyWanderer

Great news. Looks like I am going to be buying a BUNCH Of FCCs.

One more question:

Can we buy FCCs for our children? They will not be on the December cruise but will be on one of the May cruises. Do they have to be present when we purchase the FCCs or can we just buy some for them and some for us?

Thanks!

Katherine

Princess recently kind of messed up applying our FCC (was very confusing...my FCC was in Cdn, but the booking was in USD which messed it up). Anyways, we resolved it, but it resulted in application of the FCC after final payment so it ended up being viewed as an overpayment and the amount was refunded to my credit card.

So do you choose to pay the FCC in Cdn or US dollars? Then do you have to book your cruise in the same currency?

One more question:

Can we buy FCCs for our children? They will not be on the December cruise but will be on one of the May cruises. Do they have to be present when we purchase the FCCs or can we just buy some for them and some for us?

Thanks!

Katherine

An FCC is issue to an individual. That person must be on a Princess cruise to purchase one. So you cannot buy one for them in December to use in May

So do you choose to pay the FCC in Cdn or US dollars? Yes Then do you have to book your cruise in the same currency?- No

Here is our experience:

When we decided to buy FCC on the Island in 2008, the cruise consultant asked if we wanted to pay in US or CAN $$. At that time we had a Canadian TA, so we decided to pay in CAN $$.

This year after reading all the booking advice here on CC boards, we decided to book through a TA in the States. The price quoted for our December 2010 cruise was in US $$. The TA could not apply our FCCs because of the currency difference, but she told us that we could call Princess directly and request to change FCC into US $$. That’s what we did and it took about 3 or 4 days.

Though we had to pay a deposit upfront, we were able to apply our FCC later, when the currency transfer was completed.

Now we have a very nice OBC from our TA plus OBC for using 2 FCCs.

Chelsea

One more question:

Thanks!

Katherine

The person who buys the FCC must be on the cruise and they are only good for the first 2 in the cabin.

For Uk cruisers if you get your letter about OBC and low deposit it can only be used once. We were booking another cruise before sailing on the one we used the OBC on and tried to see if we could get it appliied to the second cruise but the answer was no. Also if you have a second cruise booked you cannot apply a OBC you get the letter for to this cruise after sailing the first cruise. We know to our cost in both situations.

I just read this entire thread and scratching my little first time cruisers head!!:confused: I have no idea what FCC's are but it sure looks like I need to learn! I just got off the Golden in July from Alaska and just booked a Mexican Riviera for March and it seems I needed to have known something about this.

Can someone please explain to me in layman's terms what FCC's and OBC's are? I know that FCC is Future Cruise Credit and OBC is Onboard Credit...but that's about the extent of it!

Humor the blonde....LOL!

While you are on a Princess cruise, you can purchase a FCC. They cost $100 each. When you use it to book a cruise. It is your $100 deposit. When you sail on that cruise you will get an OBC or $25 to $150 depending on the length of the cruise and whether you book an inside or outside cabin. So you $100 gets you from $125 to $250. You and your traveling companion would each want to have one each time you book a cruise. Also, the FCC is good for four years and is refundable if not used.

Can someone please explain to me in layman's terms what FCC's and OBC's are? I know that FCC is Future Cruise Credit and OBC is Onboard Credit...but that's about the extent of it!

The FCC (for US and Canadian residents) costs $100 and can only be purchased while onboard a Princess ship and only for people who are actually on that cruise. You can buy as many FCCs as you wish, They must be used within four years, but if not used, your money will be refunded. When you buy an FCC, you can use it immediately to book a cruise or can just buy it to use at a later date. You purchase them from the Future Cruise Consultant who has an office with office hours during the cruise. You do not have to actually meet with the consultant (unless booking an actual cruise), but can fill out a form and drop it in a box for that purpose.

For all but the World Cruise and World Cruise segments, a single FCC represents your total deposit for the person whose name is on it. This is much less than the amount of a normal deposit. Since the $100 you paid for the FCC is your deposit, the FCC actually costs you nothing as its full amount is applied to the cruise.

An FCC can only be used once. If you want to book multiple cruises, you will need multiple FCCs.

As other have posted (see post #4), when you do take the cruise, there will be an onboard credit of from $25 to $150 depending on the location of the cabin (inside/outside) and the length of the cruise.

Only the first two people in a cabin can use an FCC and get OBC.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the explanation(s)...I think I now understand! Had I known I was going to book a Mexican Riviera Cruise a month after my Alaskan Cruise, I would have gone to the Future Cruise Consultant and bought an FCC and my deposit for MR cruise would have only been $100 correct? And I would have also gotten OBC for booking that particular cruise!

Thanks for the explanation(s)...I think I now understand! Had I known I was going to book a Mexican Riviera Cruise a month after my Alaskan Cruise, I would have gone to the Future Cruise Consultant and bought an FCC and my deposit for MR cruise would have only been $100 correct? And I would have also gotten OBC for booking that particular cruise!

The deposit is the $100 you pay for the FCC. We always have a couple more than we have plans for. If there is someone that you travel with, you would each want to have an FCC for each cruise you book

We bought FCC's even though we didn't have any specific cruise in mind. We figured we'd use it in 4 years! Now we're actually looking into an Asia cruise for the spring. It's a 12-night cruise and we're planning to book a balcony so we'll actually get $100 OBC per person! Sweet deal!

We bought FCC's even though we didn't have any specific cruise in mind. We figured we'd use it in 4 years! Now we're actually looking into an Asia cruise for the spring. It's a 12-night cruise and we're planning to book a balcony so we'll actually get $100 OBC per person! Sweet deal!

Double your money in less than a year. I wish my investments did as well as the FCCs

I have been puzzled about Princess pricing. We took a Princess cruise in the spring. We did not know how the future cruise worked and did not intend to do another soon. However we did book a cruise about 10 days after returning home. The price quoted online was considerable less than I could find elsewhere and they only wanted a small deposit. Does Princess do this for you if you book soon after returning even without a FCC? It was quite a savings even from Princess online site if I did not sign in.

Archived