soooo, Crocs or no Crocs?

CalTex88

If crocs keep you comfortable, go for them. However, I have the classic version, and they are not good on wet decks. I slipped and hurt my knee on a spill on the lido on once cruise. It was just a tad wet, and the crocs do not have good traction.

They were originally made for boats weren't they? I can't understand how they are so slippy? I intend to take mine, I have several colourful pairs and even my fake flowery ones are comfy.

The only thing is my daughter got hers caught in an escalator and they got chewed up pretty bad. Oh gosh just read the post above :(

Besides the fact that they're ugly as sin, and only Bozo the clown should wear Crocs, they are dangerous around escalators or other "moving metal parts", check these articles: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20070918/ai_n20503139/, http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/091807dnnatcrocs.e2da323d.html,http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Story?id=3619699&page=2.

Google high heels and escalators, shoelaces and escalators, flip flops and escalators, long hair and escalators, scarves and escalators,loose clothing and escalators and so on. One can find an article on everyone of these. The bottom line is just be careful whatever you are wearing!

Oh, and Crocs are very good at airports when you have to remove your shoes for security.

They are easy off and easy on.

Pearl

Google high heels and escalators, shoelaces and escalators, flip flops and escalators, long hair and escalators, scarves and escalators,loose clothing and escalators and so on. One can find an article on everyone of these. The bottom line is just be careful whatever you are wearing!

Oh, and Crocs are very good at airports when you have to remove your shoes for security.

They are easy off and easy on.

Pearl

Plus when your feet swell from a long haul flight you can get them back on again. I think it may only be safe to travel naked on an escalator, unless you're Ron Jeremy of course!

Plus when your feet swell from a long haul flight you can get them back on again. I think it may only be safe to travel naked on an escalator, unless you're Ron Jeremy of course!

Or Dolly Parton.

Pearl

I'm another one who wears them pretty much 365, 16/7. They are a Godsend. And yes, I did wear a pair to the MDR on formal night on our last cruise! I doubt anybody noticed and if they did, I don't care. I stopped caring what people think after college! :D

I am looking for some more fashionable ones on our next cruise though. It's 15 night Panama Canal and I don't want to cause any distress for anyone! :)

I think there is a time an place for Crocs...for instance I wear them gardening but wouldn't wear the while mowing the lawn. I wear them to the golf club but wouldn't golf in them (even though they have a golf shoe). As for them being banned in the workplace, I have seen many nurses and healthcare workers wearing them. Sure they look funny and some of the colours are over the top but they are comfortable and they are fun....but being 65 and rather conservative I stick to the navy or tan ones.:)

And if YOU love how they feel, to heck with everyone else! They didn't pay for your trip!

Well said. I love my crocs and hate wearing flip flops as I find them uncomfortable unlike my crocs....

Having said that I love my trainers.

i wear imitation crocs (hate those bumps inside the shoe) Air Walks and have wore them just about continuously for the last 4 years all seasons and ALWAYS cruise with them sometimes they are the only shoe i can get on my 'swollen' feet...never had a 'slippage' problem with them...caught in esculator or anything like that...i take them and hey sometimes COMFORT has to over rule CUTE--and besides i dont think they are ugly:p--they are so easy to clean and take care of and just wear!

Crocs come in all kinds of designs and I have some super cute flip flops that I'll be bringing with me on my next cruise. They are way comfier than normal flip flops and after a day of walking, your feet, legs and back won't be hurting due to lack of support.

Down side about crocs and children. Be careful with the escalators. At my job this was so tragic, and the mother was holding on to her child as she should. coming off the up escalator front of crocs got trapped in gap. and the 4 year old got seriously injured her foot and ankle. I don't like crocs and will never be caught dead wearing them my personal style choice.

If you like them wear them.

You guys are talking support in these crocs..well I guess I have not checked out the wide array..all feet different too..and maybe mine were wannabees from Costco..but my Crocs were too slippy and not comfy...will check online..sjn. I like prettier modified clog style slip ons..love the ease..sjn

Sometimes look is given up...for comfort..but oh when the two can combine!!! Woo hoo!!!

Crocs unsafe? Well, the only time I ever fell on a cruise ship (down an outdoor flight of stairs), I was wearing regular, boring stable sandals, not crocs. I hadn't been drinking, I wasn't fooling around, the surface wasn't wet. On wet surfaces, I have slipped more frequently in flip-flops.

I have run on my treadmill without incident, wearing my crocs (with the back strap on), though don't do it regularly and I wouldn't recommend it. I have never slipped, tripped or fallen wearing my crocs. Neither has my husband and they are just about the only shoes he wears.

The first year I wore Crocs to Disney World was the first year I didn't develop "hot spots" after days of walking.

They are the only shoes that allow my husband to walk distances without his feet getting tired and cranky.

I'll stick with my Crocs, thanks. You don't like them, don't look.

Down side about crocs and children. Be careful with the escalators. At my job this was so tragic, and the mother was holding on to her child as she should. coming off the up escalator front of crocs got trapped in gap. and the 4 year old got seriously injured her foot and ankle. I don't like crocs and will never be caught dead wearing them my personal style choice.

Now that comfirms it..do not hug the foot snuggly enough for some:(.

Oh when babies get hurt..it kills me..sjn.

Now that comfirms it..do not hug the foot snuggly enough for some:(.

Oh when babies get hurt..it kills me..sjn.

There is a happy ending:

That happened a couple years ago, that same child maybe by pure chance is doing fine and sold me girl scout cookies this year :D still a slight limp and she never wore crocs again. I had no clue she lived in the next condo complex from me

because they are...

easy to walk in on pavement or sand

Mary Jane style does not slide off my feet when waking steep inclines/declines

they are great for in the ocean when the bottom may be rocky or grassy (eew for me)

water drains out of them easily

they are so ugly that you can leave them at the water's edge & no one will steal them!

THAT's why i always cruise with crocs!

I think it is a matter of escalator safety. There is a boy in Houston, Scooter Anderson, who at the age of 4, lost his large right toe and the one next to it, while wearing sneakers on an escalator in a downtown office building. The rubber toe on his sneakers got jammed into the side. His mother, Diana Anderson, is now an advocate of escalator safety. She did not focus on the shoes her son was wearing, but rather on the fact that things get caught in escalators, whether it be shoelaces, fingers, sneakers, drawstrings or yes, Crocs. Be careful, accidents happen.

I rarely wear Crocs but my husband loves his.

Pearl

I'm extremely clumsy and have never had a problem with them coming off or slipping in them and I don't use the back strap. The soles actually have a good grip on wet surfaces. They were designed as boat shoes. But if your foot gets wet, they can be slippery inside the shoe.

I even used to wear them riding when we had horses! A big no, no, but never had a problem. I've climbed on the ruins and walked through the rain forest with them on. I walk in the woods with them. The escalators do freak me out though and I am extremely careful with them.

The only trouble I'm having now with them, is finding a closed toe shoe that fits. The clogs are designed to be a size too big so no part of your foot except your sole touches the shoe. This avoids blisters. But I ordered a size too big for the flat, a very cute shoe that can be worn with a lot of stuff and looks fashionable, but it is too big and I get blisters. So I guess I'll try my correct size next time. :(

Sadly I have seen this happen to a child on an escalator who was wearing regular footwear...to this day I look to see where the emergency switch is on excalators before stepping on one.

Sadly I have seen this happen to a child on an escalator who was wearing regular footwear...to this day I look to see where the emergency switch is on excalators before stepping on one.

exactly. accidents can happen on escalators regardless of the shoe the person is wearing. If you pay attention and use common sense, you can avoid most accidents. If you find them slippery, don't run in them etc.

The only thing i don't like about my crocs, is coming out of the water and walking through the sand. sand gets inside my crocs and is irritating to my feet until i can hose them off.

Archived