soooo, Crocs or no Crocs?

CalTex88

Just an observation:

I love how all the Croc lovers keep responding with zeal against the posts from others who say they are ugly, but do not address at all the issue that they are UNSAFE.

On this thread alone, two people have posted about Crocs being banned in the workplace. At least two others posted about slip and fall accidents, and one had a serious injury. In addition, there have been reports of people's Crocs getting trapped in escalators (may want to rethink wearing them to the airport, hmmm?).

So, Croc lovers, what is your response?

And people can't slip and fall in any other shoes? And shoelaces can't get trapped in escalators?

And people can't slip and fall in any other shoes? And shoelaces can't get trapped in escalators?

But one seems to hear of many more such accidents happening with Crocs.

For example, I've read umpteen dozen threads on various flip flops on the fashion boards. Haven't yet heard one story about someone getting injured in them. (Of course I'm sure that now everyone will post that a friend of a friend or someone "they heard of" got seriously injured wearing flip flops.....whatever....:rolleyes:)

I'm not espousing Crocs or not espousing them. I also don't wear flip flops. I'm merely pointing out something to consider for people thinking of bringing them onboard ship. That is, they may not be the safest footwear choice.

But one seems to hear of many more such accidents happening with Crocs.

For example, I've read umpteen dozen threads on various flip flops on the fashion boards. Haven't yet heard one story about someone getting injured in them. (Of course I'm sure that now everyone will post that a friend of a friend or someone "they heard of" got seriously injured wearing flip flops.....whatever....:rolleyes:)

I'm not espousing Crocs or not espousing them. I also don't wear flip flops. I'm merely pointing out something to consider for people thinking of bringing them onboard ship. That is, they may not be the safest footwear choice.

As for that other shoe of summer, Crocs, there is good news. Despite news stories about the soft, often vividly hued, plastic shoes getting caught in escalators, they are generally regarded as safe and certainly better than flip-flops

http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2007/09/03/hlsb0903.htm

It's not from a friend of a friend but from an American Medical blog.

lol

I live in FL and was pretty much barefooted 75% of the time until I found these shoes. Now I wear them almost everywhere. And they are great for traveling. There are people that wear them while hiking and climbing. I like them because they allow for a more natural foot movement.

Not every shoe you own has to be cute. ;)

Fashion tips for guys who like to wear Crocs:

1. Always button your shirt to the very top button.

2. Suspenders should be worn in addition to your belt especially with shorts.

3. A baseball cap with a witty saying like "Who Cut the Cheese?" always sets the fun tone for a cruise.

4. A pocket protector is a nice optional accessory.

:D

I don't wear crocs (or flip-flops), but if I did wear them and found them to be comfortable and convenient, I would bring them. :) Hey, Mario Batali wears them to work. :D

Isn't he a chef who works in a kitchen all day?

My vote would be to leave them in the store and never, ever purchase them. Maybe then they would stop manufacturing Crocs.

I think they were "in" for a minute about 3 years ago. I even checked the date of this thread before posting, I thought it was resurrected from back then.

I did try a pair on, didn't care for the fit or feel of them, no arch support for me. But I was never serious and just wanted to find out why people thought they were comfortable. They look like Micky Mouse feet to me.

Fashion tips for guys who like to wear Crocs:

1. Always button your shirt to the very top button.

2. Suspenders should be worn in addition to your belt especially with shorts.

3. A baseball cap with a witty saying like "Who Cut the Cheese?" always sets the fun tone for a cruise.

4. A pocket protector is a nice optional accessory.

:D

Just a moment, I represent that!:D

There is a happy ending:

That happened a couple years ago, that same child maybe by pure chance is doing fine and sold me girl scout cookies this year :D still a slight limp and she never wore crocs again. I had no clue she lived in the next condo complex from me

Oh my..thank you for telling me..good.:)

I am shocked at the alarm being posted here about crocs being unsafe. On another thread under cruise fashions the "special ed" crowd is telling everyone that if it were not for crocs special ed kids would not be able to stand up. They are the savior of special ed kids. Who would have ever known. You learn so much reading these threads from folks living in places one might never venture into but they are out there and they are now cruising the mass market lines.

Just an observation:

I love how all the Croc lovers keep responding with zeal against the posts from others who say they are ugly, but do not address at all the issue that they are UNSAFE.

On this thread alone, two people have posted about Crocs being banned in the workplace. At least two others posted about slip and fall accidents, and one had a serious injury. In addition, there have been reports of people's Crocs getting trapped in escalators (may want to rethink wearing them to the airport, hmmm?).

So, Croc lovers, what is your response?

If I were a mom who still had small children, they would not be wearing flip-flops, Crocs, or those annoying shoes with rollers in the heel, because of the inherent dangers in those kinds of footwear.

However, as an adult, I will continue to wear my Crocs whenever I choose to do so. Is there a possiblity I could have an accident wearing them? Absolutely! However, there is also the chance that I will have a car wreck going to my cruise, that I will slip and fall in the bathtub, or that the next airplane I go on will crash. I just have to be aware of the dangers of my surroundings and take appropriate precautions whenever possible.

I hear people say that crocs are comfortable or help their problem feet & to me it's surprising. From the looks of them I would think they provide zero structural support; they "give" & I don't see how it could support an arch or prevent pronation.

And aren't there a wide variety of reasons & conditions for kids to be in special ed? Some kids in special ed don't stand, period, no matter what their shoe. Or some are fine physically & are there for cognitive or behavioral reasons, curious that a shoe could make a difference there. Maybe comfort?

I agree you do learn so much reading these boards.

I'm taking my Crocs to Alaska next week. They're my pool shoes. The pair I'm taking is my newest pair. The old ones do get slick soles, which isn't good around wet surfaces. I almost fell in the grocery store parking lot last week when I was wearing one of my older pairs. It had just rained.

I doubt that will ever happen as Carnival caters to fun, family, and very casual.. :rolleyes:

This was a joke. Many people on the Carnival board were complaining about different things and threatening to never sail with Carnival again. And people were telling us Croc lovers we shouldn't wear Crocs. So I said if Carnival wouldn't let me wear my Crocs I wouldn't sail with them. Just a silly comment. I'd actually sail even if they made a rule against Crocs. I'd just smuggle them onboard in the suitcase with my alcohol.;)

I hear people say that crocs are comfortable or help their problem feet & to me it's surprising. From the looks of them I would think they provide zero structural support; they "give" & I don't see how it could support an arch or prevent pronation.

And aren't there a wide variety of reasons & conditions for kids to be in special ed? Some kids in special ed don't stand, period, no matter what their shoe. Or some are fine physically & are there for cognitive or behavioral reasons, curious that a shoe could make a difference there. Maybe comfort?

I agree you do learn so much reading these boards.

I saw Crocs advertised in a leading diabetes publication. That was the first time I'd heard of them being good for feet. A little research shows some of the shoes aren't what you'd expect. Have a look: http://www.crocs.com/crocs-rx-medical-silver-fox/10320,default,pd.html?cid=21R&cgid=crocs-rx

Is does not matter who makes them or the styles or the colour. They are still plastic or rubber. If you want to wear them go ahead. But please do not fool yourself and believe that they are good for the feet. If they have arch support what is it made of and if they have cushion soles what is that made of.

Archived