Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Addressing the water comment: I had no problem receiving a large bottle of water when I ordered a drink. AT the end of each evening (is 1AM still the evening??) I would always order a final drink and also a large bottled water to take with me to the room.

Wine: Our sommelier was awesome. he scanned our card the first evening and that was it for the cruise. He kept my wine glass full :D

I had the Classic Alcohol package and was very pleased.

Does anyone have the per day cost in USD of the Classic Alcohol, Premium Alcohol and the non Alcohol packages. We can only see it in CDN$ and we are trying to decide if it is cheaper to get them on board or in advance.

Thx

Does anyone have the per day cost in USD of the Classic Alcohol, Premium Alcohol and the non Alcohol packages. We can only see it in CDN$ and we are trying to decide if it is cheaper to get them on board or in advance.

Thx

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package

$14.95 per guest, per day

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package

$18.40 per guest, per day

Classic Package

$44.85 per guest, per day

Premium Package

$56.35 per guest, per day

The above prices include 15% service charge.

Jim

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package

$14.95 per guest, per day

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package

$18.40 per guest, per day

Classic Package

$44.85 per guest, per day

Premium Package

$56.35 per guest, per day

The above prices include 15% service charge.

Jim

I just paid $55.78 CAD per night when I prebooked, including the 15% service charge. Amazing rate, IMO

I'm new to cruising, so please excuse me for asking a silly question!

How exactly does a beverage package work? Do I pay this in advance and then get unlimited drinks that fall into the category?

Not a silly question.

Yes, you are right.But you can only order one drink at the same time.

Some mentioned here, in the main dining Room you can order sparkling water

and a glass of wine at the same time.

Edited by MICHAEL_01

Not a silly question.

Yes, you are right.But you can only order one drink at the same time.

Some mentioned here, in the main dining Room you can order sparkling water

and a glass of wine at the same time.

Thanks for the reply. Don't worry, I only intend to drink one at a time. ;)

Do I need to purchase this in advance, or can I get it on ship?

Thanks for the reply. Don't worry, I only intend to drink one at a time. ;)

Do I need to purchase this in advance, or can I get it on ship?

No, you can get it on the ship for the remainder of your cruise.Maybe you want to try out for some day(s) if the package is worthwhile for you.

I just paid $55.78 CAD per night when I prebooked, including the 15% service charge. Amazing rate, IMO

Hi,

Yes it is a good rate. I believe the current rate is $1 = Cad 0.99. You're not going to get better than this on the ship. The conversion rate may be the same but you will have to take account of what your credit card company charges for conversion if you are paying by credit card in US$.

In the UK most card suppliers charge around 2.75%.

Jim

We bought the Priority Package for our eleven day cruise next month. After trying to analyze just what we would be drinking we came to the conclusion that having 8 days at various islands and only two days of "sailing" we might have a hard time gettng our moneys worth. With the only down-side of not having the package being that we would have to sign our name on the receipt, we think we can drink as much as we want and not go over the total package cost of 1,200 dollars......that really does cover quite a bit of liquids. When we had the package we found we were looking at all the ways we could "drink"...being coffee, water, juice, wine, or martinis. So we canceled the package (which we can get later if we change our mind) and I've felt a big relief to stop trying to figure out how to drink my DAILY drink quota.

I'm sure there are lots of folks who can easily drink their money's worth, and to them I say, "Sounds like a blast, enjoy. You don't cruise every day."

Well, I've been kickin this packaged drinks deal around for weeks and readin most of the posts in this thread. So finally I dug out the past invoices from prior 10 nighters on Solstice & Equinox, added up all the beverage purchases (x bottles of vino) & came to the conclusion that I would spend the same amount one way or the other. (I like the endless glasses of dinner wines ;)).

Since I'll be sailing with friends during our upcoming May Med trip an increase in the consumption of adult beverages will occur :D.

Add in the Molecular Bar to the package it becomes a "No Brainer" to purchase the P.D.P. :p

Happy Sailing :cool:

2MC

Well, I've been kickin this packaged drinks deal around for weeks and readin most of the posts in this thread. So finally I dug out the past invoices from prior 10 nighters on Solstice & Equinox, added up all the beverage purchases (x bottles of vino) & came to the conclusion that I would spend the same amount one way or the other. (I like the endless glasses of dinner wines ;)).

Since I'll be sailing with friends during our upcoming May Med trip an increase in the consumption of adult beverages will occur :D.

Add in the Molecular Bar to the package it becomes a "No Brainer" to purchase the P.D.P. :p

Happy Sailing :cool:

2MC

I was thinking that the Molecular Bar is not included in the package, but I may be wrong. The self-serve wine in Cellar Masters is not included.

I was thinking that the Molecular Bar is not included in the package, but I may be wrong. The self-serve wine in Cellar Masters is not included.

The drinks at the Molecular bar are included and I do not think that they had any drinks on the menu that were over $12.

Hi all!

I've read through all 38 pages of this thread over the last few days, and the helpful information has cemented our decision to get the premium package on our upcoming April 9 sailing on the Eclipse. I do however have a question regarding the availability of certain wines. I noticed that Celebrity has a Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc available, but the only menu I've seen it on is the Murano drinks menu. If this wine is not normally stocked in other bars, would I be allowed to walk into the Murano to order a glass if I don't intend to dine there that evening? Same question for other wines available only at the speciality restaurants - can I walk in and order a specific glass of wine if I'm not dining at the specialty restaurant?

My other question (which I probably know the answer to) is regarding ordering the drinks package. I want to order it prior to the sailing, but I want to pay for it at the end of the cruise through my shipboard account. Is it possible to do this, or if I order the package prior to the cruise I must charge it to my card at the time of order? I know I can purchase it as soon as I get on board, but I'd rather just have it taken care of in advance.

I hope the question isn't too confusing ;)

Thanks in advance!

My wife and I like to have wine or champangne in our stateroom and are wondering if we would be allowed to order wine and take it back to our cabin? :confused: Also, where on the ship is the package not excepted?

From everything I've read here and on Celebrity's site, you may order drinks at the bars/restaurants and take them back to your cabin, though you may only order one drink at a time. The package is not accepted in gift shops, the mini bar and by room service.

go for it, you are on vacation~~~you don't have to drive just find your cabin!!!

I am really torn after reading all the threads on this!

On the one hand I'd like to have the freedom to have drinks without worrying about the final bill, but on the other I don't want to end up having another drink just to get my money's worth.

As did I (although I rounded up to $55.79 CAD) It was actually .48 CAD a day less than the bank exchange rate at the time I bought the package. (I was going to get USD at the bank and pay cash to beat Visa & X's exchange rip offs - now I have AC points...)

So lets have a beer (H'Ex or Canadian, or Kokannee - where every you live) on each other on our cruises....eh

The price list in the opening post is from July last year. Is this still the most recent?

Also, the beers listed in it, I assume they are all bottled? If so, what size are they?

Sorry for sounding dumb, but being English I am used to drinking pints.

Good question SomersetBoy.

Flat out guessing - bottled in US - 12oz, bottled elsewhere - 10 -16oz. It's just a guess with a little experience thrown in. :p

The price list in the opening post is from July last year. Is this still the most recent?

Also, the beers listed in it, I assume they are all bottled? If so, what size are they?

Sorry for sounding dumb, but being English I am used to drinking pints.

Hi,

USA uses ounces for their beer measures. Standard bottles like Bud are 12oz = to 355ml. If the beer is of European origin, they are likely to be 330ml except for some (e.g. Fullers London Pride) 500ml.

A US pint (472ml or 16oz) is different from a UK pint (568ml or 19.3oz). It gets confusing in USA or Canada as some bars have 20oz pints as opposed to 16oz pints.

I do not know what draft measures Celebrity offer. Anyone clarify measure and price?

Jim

So it equates to approx. 3 UK pints = 5 US Bottles.

This will seriously affect my decision to purchase a beverage package.

I anticipate that even on an excursion day, the minimum I am likely to have:

1 speciality coffee

1 fresh juice

1 bottle of water

5 bottles of beer

1 cocktail

$42 minimum

On an 'at sea' day, there will be a couple extra coffees, and a couple extra beers/cocktails, taking it upwards of $65.

Classic Package is $44.85, so I think my mind is made up.