Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Thank you to everyone who answered our question about gratuities on packaged drinks from previous page. Sorry I did not answer quickly but have been ill for a week and not been on the computer at all.

Once again thank you

Edited by mlkitt3

Hi

Does our ship have Happy Hour in the evening? Like 2-1 drinks? If so, are there good choices each time? Do they do a different kind of drink different nights? Are there ever drinks like Pina Coladas? Specific or general wine? speicific or general beer? Soft Drinks?

I'm not a big drinker, as you probably can tell from my questions :-)

THX

Jane H

Hi

Does our ship have Happy Hour in the evening? Like 2-1 drinks? If so, are there good choices each time? Do they do a different kind of drink different nights? Are there ever drinks like Pina Coladas? Specific or general wine? speicific or general beer? Soft Drinks?

THX

Jane H

We were on one cruise in Feb of last year, the Eclipse, and they had 2 for 1 happy hour most afternoons from 4 to 6. It covered most bars and there didn't seem to be a limit as to what it was for. We used it for drinks, wine, and bottled water on different days at the aft bar.

Unfortunately, this is not standard procedure on Celebrity and I don't remember seeing this on other Celebrity cruises - although they do have some specials from time to time. So it is hit or miss.

Hi

THX

Jane H

Hi GlassJane,

I didn't notice any "Happy Hours" on my recent Solstice Sailing (January 15th). And I checked the Dailies as well... and didn't see any announcements of such printed therein either.

What you do see is Daily Cocktails, or Bar Specials... (and there were also some times when there were "events" or "exhibitions" put on at some of the Bars... in particular the Martini Bar and the Molecular Bar... but I'm not sure if those were more about Bartender Flair... or if they had discounted drinks then as well )

Here then some of the Cocktail Specials from my recent cruise...

DAY 1

- Sail Away Cocktails in a Celebrity -X- Souvenir Glass

- Alluring Aperitivo

DAY 2

- Rosemary Pear Lemonade

- Daily Bar Specials

* Buy 4 Beers and get the 5th one FREE (Poolside 11 AM to 6 PM)

* Apple Martini $ 5 (Ensemble Lounge 5 to 6 PM)

* 50% OFF your Second Drink (Molecular Bar 10 PM to Midnight)

DAY 3

- Juniperitivo

- Daily Bar Specials

* Buy 4 Beers and get the 5th one FREE (Poolside 11 AM to 3 PM)

* Creole Mojito $ 5 (Oceanview & Sunset Bars 8 to 10 PM)

* Bailey's Irish Cream $ 5 (Passport Bar 10 PM to Midnight)

DAY 4

- Grapefruit Blush

- Daily Bar Specials

* Rusty Nails $ 5 (Ensemble Lounge 5 to 6 PM)

* Cuba Libre $ 5 (Oceanview & Sunset Bars 8 to 10 PM)

* 50% OFF your second Drink (Molecular Bar 10 PM to Midnight)

DAY 5

- Aperol Spritz

- Daily Bar Specials

* Campari $ 5 (Ensemble Lounge 5 to 6 PM)

* Long Island Ice Tea $ 5 (Oceanview & Sunset Bars 8 to 10 PM)

* 50% OFF your second Drink (Molecular Bar 10 PM to Midnight)

DAY 6

- Bali Hai

- Daily Bar Specials

* Buy 4 Beers and get the 5th one FREE (Poolside 11 AM to 6 PM)

* Negroni $ 5 (Ensemble Lounge 5 to 6 PM)

* Cool Caribbean $ 5 (Oceanview & Sunset Bars 8 to 10 PM)

DAY 7

- Grapefruit Blush

- Daily Bar Specials

* Zodiac $ 5 (Oceanview & Sunset Bars 8 to 10 PM)

* Bailey's Irish Cream $ 5 (Passport Bar 10 PM to Midnight)

* 50% OFF on your second Drink (Molecular Bar 10 PM to Midnight)

As for Beers and Wines aboard, all are brand name (or in the very least a few wines that are labeled for Celebrity as "Cellar Masters" but come from California Wine Country and are also quite excellent).

The selection might be somewhat different from Bar to Bar onboard the ship... but still lots to choose from in regards to Beers & Wines (noticed that Bars tended to have wines in 4 Categories... Sparkling & Champagne - Whites - Roses & Blushes - and Reds)

The list above is only what was on Special when we were aboard (so just a sampling), different ships, different sailings, would probably have different offerings.

And there were literally 100s of Cocktails on the various menus that I saw aboard... every bar has a list, and the lists are all pretty different from one another (many exotic potions to choose from).

BUT there were always the standards available as well (Gin & Tonic, Rum & Coke, Vodka & OJ, Rye & Ginger, Scotch & Soda etc) ... and YES there was a good selection of "summer drinks" like Pina Coladas etc on board as well.

For more info on Beers, Wines, Cocktails etc... take a look around this the CC CELEBRITY BOARD... there are several current active topics on the various Alcohol Packages (Classic & Premium) that have a ton of info (like Bar Menus) and of course there is always the STICKY at the top of the Directory, that has a good long list of items available (although the prices may have changed a bit since it was first posted in 2010). And there is also the 2012 Celebrity Wine Listing as well that has some more info.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

YES! I had the CLASSIC alcohol package and was able to get all of those premium coffees. I had 2 skinny-lattes every morning!

Sccat - please excuse yet more alcohol package related questions, but as you have had recent experience of the classic alcohol package, are you able to tell me if any sparkling water is included in this package? Also, are Irish Coffees included, and do you by any chance know if the Celebrity sparkling wine is available, by the glass, within this package i.e. $8 a glass? Your help is greatly appreciated! :confused: Many thanks. :)

I tried to read thru this thread but there are so many posts (me likes)

If you are on Concierge or Aqua class and only drink Soda and Water do you still need the drink package?

You never "need" a package. Keep in mind that there is no-extra charge beverages available on the ship, although this does not include soda nor bottled water (except that in AQ you do get bottled water but only in your cabin). No package is ever "needed" as you can always purchase any extra charge beverages on a individual, a la carte, basis. The packages are attractive only if you either drink above average quantities of the included beverages or if you are willing to pay extra for an all inclusive beverage experience.

There are non-alcoholic beverages at a much lower cost than the alcoholic packages that include bottled water and soda as well as other non-alcoholic beverages. Also, there is a soda only package at an even lower cost.

Do you need these? No

Might they be a good option for you? Maybe, but only you can determine that.

There is a Celebrity premium alcohol beverage calculator I found online, and converted to an Excel sheet, so I can use it over and over.

Put in # of days of cruise, # of port days, and your estimate of how much of something you would drink per day (max and min per day, or 1 per cruise, to sample stuff.

It gives you a total and tells you how much it would be for min and max consumption. My package I bought in January (10% off sale was $726, including 15% service charge).

Old price list, so if they cost more now, your savings are even greater

Estimate came out to

Total per trip over 13 days High #$919.50 low # $757.00

Total per trip minus 50% on port days $716.50 $597.75

and DON'T FORGET TO ADD Gratuity of 15% to these totals If I bought them individually

I really want to sample a lot of new things, and I drink lots of vitamin water and frappachinos.

It will not upload to cruise critic, because it is an excel spreadsheet.

email me if you want it.

jerald cross at comcast dot net NO SPACES

Enjoy the spreadsheet!

Hi,

I have taken a scientific poll. I asked my friends on Facebook and my on-line Yahoo bridge players:

1. Have you ever been on 1 or more cruises?

2. If so, have you ever bought a beverage package?

From all the friends/people that said they had been on 1 or more cruises, not one ever bought a beverage package.

Interesting?

As with all scientific polls, some people didn't respond. So I can't say whether or not they took cruises and whether or not they bought beverage packages.

Have a nice day.

Jane H

I finally found the original online program posted by poolboyclay in 2010

You can download and save your own excel file.

Beverage package evaluator Updated version 1.4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FL2DXCF6

online version in Google https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...4T2Vocnc&hl=en

Ah Germanyboy,

Not sure about the megaupload site.....it comes up with an FBI anti-piracy warning and says it has been seized by the feds and the owners charged with racketeering........:eek:

Edited by cwayne

Hi,

I have taken a scientific poll. I asked my friends on Facebook and my on-line Yahoo bridge players:

From all the friends/people that said they had been on 1 or more cruises, not one ever bought a beverage package.

Interesting?

As with all scientific polls, some people didn't respond. So I can't say whether or not they took cruises and whether or not they bought beverage packages.

Have a nice day.

Jane H

Not all cruiselines have this kind of beverage packets.

I finally found the original online program posted by poolboyclay in 2010

You can download and save your own excel file.

Beverage package evaluator Updated version 1.4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FL2DXCF6

online version in Google https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...4T2Vocnc&hl=en

I can reload this to another site if someone can recommend one. Also if there is an updated list, and can also update the sheet.

Hi,

Interesting?

Have a nice day.

Jane H

This is pretty funny. As an engineer I can conclude that at least 1 person you know has taken a cruise and did not buy the package.

I mean no offense, it just struck my funny bone.

I was curious if any updates to prices have been posted since the original post. It's been a year and a half since then.

Sorry if it's already been asked and answered elsewhere, but I kinda figured it would be easier to just ask and be admonished for not spending enough time looking than to scan through 1800 posts on my own. :rolleyes:

THANKS!

Edited by Agee Sea

I was curious if any updates to prices have been posted since the original post. It's been a year and a half since then.

Sorry if it's already been asked and answered elsewhere, but I kinda figured it would be easier to just ask and be admonished for not spending enough time looking than to scan through 1800 posts on my own. :rolleyes:

THANKS!

This thread was just done today and it may be what you're looking for

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1571274

Susan :)

Thank you for this. We are mulling this over. Frank called today to inquirer about the composition of the premium package for our room. $100.00 will buy a 1 ultra. Botttle of glennfiddich or other premium liquor plus 6 cans of mixers and serving items. For $80, change to Dewars. We think it's a tad steep.