Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Can you tell us what you were able to get with the Premium Non-Alcoholic package?

Anything I wanted that did not have alcohol in it. For me, this included soda, bottled water (still and sparkling, including my favorite, San Pellegrino), "virgin" drinks (e.g., virgin daiquiris and bloody marys), and frappes at Cafe al Bacio. (I'm not a coffee drinker, but I could have had the premium coffees and teas if I'd wanted. I had a frappe to try it; de-caf!) I don't drink Vitamin Water, so I can't help you on that one.

I would just go up to a bar, ask for what I wanted, and that was it. At dinner, after the second day, I didn't even have to ask for San Pellegrino, our server made sure that a whole bottle was brought out when we sat down.

Edited by Turtles06

Anything I wanted that did not have alcohol in it. For me, this included soda, bottled water (still and sparkling, including my favorite, San Pellegrino), "virgin" drinks (e.g., virgin daiquiris and bloody marys), and frappes at Cafe al Bacio. (I'm not a coffee drinker, but I could have had the premium coffees and teas if I'd wanted. I had a frappe to try it; de-caf!) I don't drink Vitamin Water, so I can't help you on that one.

I would just go up to a bar, ask for what I wanted, and that was it. At dinner, after the second day, I didn't even have to ask for San Pellegrino, our server made sure that a whole bottle was brought out when we sat down.

Thank you for the details. Frappe? In the American Northeast a frappe is a milkshake (but more blended). I know elsewhere it is a coffee drink, but when I had them it was a milk and ice cream drink.

Thank you for the details. Frappe? In the American Northeast a frappe is a milkshake (but more blended). I know elsewhere it is a coffee drink, but when I had them it was a milk and ice cream drink.

Yes, as an American, that's how I know a frappe too (milk and ice cream). But in much of the rest of the world (and I believe this comes from Greece), as you say, a frappe is an iced coffee drink, and that's what it is at Cafe al Baccio. It was so rich it was like drinking an entire dessert.

Although it would never make sense to purchase an alcoholic package, the classic nonalcoholic package worked well on our 10-day port intensive trip on the Equinox!

We each had a fresh squeeze OJ in the morning, followed by a cappucino at Cafe al Bacio, then took a water off on our excursion for the day. When we return, another coffee beverage, dinner with diet coke, and then an evening decaf tea or coffee. So worth it for $14 per day! I think in the future we will stick to our inside rooms and I will buy the classic N/A package while DH gets the premium N/A package (prefers getting Gatorade for the excursions).

What about price per bottle. Anyone know what the Riesling would cost? If I wanted to try to switch it for the sparkling wine I get in my cabin?

Also, on RCCL back in Dec, they had a drink that was cherry rum and coke... does Celebrity have it or can they make it?

One last ???...

for those who know what I am talking about- can I get any Mead anywhere on the ship? I will be on the Solstice in less than 3 weeks, if that helps.

thanks,

Meg

Although it would never make sense to purchase an alcoholic package, the classic nonalcoholic package worked well on our 10-day port intensive trip on the Equinox!

We each had a fresh squeeze OJ in the morning, followed by a cappucino at Cafe al Bacio, then took a water off on our excursion for the day.

I am deciding if any of these non-alcoholic packages would be worth it to us. We get fresh squeezed OJ in BLU (for AQU class) and bottled water in our stateroom.

I want to know how hard it is to find Vitamin Water (brand) on board and curious what flavors. We don't drink coffee.

Edited by Jade13

I am deciding if any of these non-alcoholic packages would be worth it to us. We get fresh squeezed OJ in BLU (for AQU class) and bottled water in our stateroom.

I want to know how hard it is to find Vitamin Water (brand) on board and curious what flavors. We don't drink coffee.

It wasn't hard at all to find Vitamin water, sorry I can't recall the flavors.

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted by Jade13 viewpost.gif

It wasn't hard at all to find Vitamin water, sorry I can't recall the flavors.

They had at least 5 flavors onboard, in March/ April on Century. Every bar had the orange, grapefruit, lemonade, citrus flavors. I don't drink citrus. They had red, pink and purple/berry flavors at just one bar or two, or if I asked for it in the buffet, it took forever to get it-long walk for waiters.

On 2nd day of 13 day trip, I mentioned it on the comment card, they called my room and asked me which bars I went to the most, and had my flavors available in those locations for rest of trip. That was good service

No diet flavors, but regular only 50 cals/bottle

• 2 weeks later...

On the Infinity in April I had the Classic Alcohol package. I was able to get Lemon Drops in the Martini Bar. The bartenders would put it in a baby martini glass. There are 3 sizes of glasses: The regular big glass, the smallest glasses which are used for martini tastings, and the middle size which is the one I ordered. My husband and I would have our martinis most nights before dinner. He had the Premium package and ordered the $10 big martini and I had my "baby" martini.

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know if you can purchase premium drinks package half way through the cruise and pay the daily price in dollars? I really can't afford to spend nearly £500 on a premium drinks package but would consider paying for half of the cruise to keep the cost down?? Also what is the Daily charge in dollars for the premium alcohol package, it only shows me in £££. thanks in advance.:confused:

On the Infinity in April I had the Classic Alcohol package. I was able to get Lemon Drops in the Martini Bar. The bartenders would put it in a baby martini glass. There are 3 sizes of glasses: The regular big glass, the smallest glasses which are used for martini tastings, and the middle size which is the one I ordered. My husband and I would have our martinis most nights before dinner. He had the Premium package and ordered the $10 big martini and I had my "baby" martini.

We'll be on the Summit and have the classic pkg. My DH is not a big martini fan, but I would love to try a few different ones. Does the Martini Bar extend the "baby" martini to classic pkg. cruisers, or do they frown on serving these sizes or can you order them at other locations on the ship, if so, where?

The best thing to do is find out if the cruise you are taking now offer the drink package included for a slight upcharge. There are several programs as part of the Celebrity Package, which either includes a drink package, gratituties, or shipboard credit. Even if you are already booked, it is worthwhile checking this promo with the travel agent.

We'll be on the Summit and have the classic pkg. My DH is not a big martini fan, but I would love to try a few different ones. Does the Martini Bar extend the "baby" martini to classic pkg. cruisers, or do they frown on serving these sizes or can you order them at other locations on the ship, if so, where?

We are on the 3-31 Silhouette cruise, and we upgraded from Classic to Premium. I suspect that most folks on this cruise will have a beverage package, and I imagine that the bar staff is going to be instructed to follow the rules more closely in the past. In other words, I would not be surprised to find that there are no more "baby" drinks.

As soon as I return or maybe even on board I will post my experience.

Last February I was on the Constellation and had the Classic Alcohol package. In the MDR I was able to order an $8.50 glass of wine and just pay the 50 cents per glass that I ordered (which was usually 4 glasses). (Guest services told me I could do this.) So my bill each night was $2.00 plus grat. The sommelier felt strange doing this, charging me this little amount, but I said I was totally happy to do it this way, so it worked perfectly.

Anyone been on Reflection (or other ship recently) and have this same experience?

Thanks.

Edited by HRH SR