Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Any drinks over $8.00 on the Classic pkg. were charged at full price. Only plain water bottles were included. Many drinks that used to be under $8.00 were now increased to $8.50 narrowing the available drinks in the Classic pkg.

Well I may just have to upgrade once on the ship :confused:

Any drinks over $8.00 on the Classic pkg. were charged at full price. Only plain water bottles were included. Many drinks that used to be under $8.00 were now increased to $8.50 narrowing the available drinks in the Classic pkg.

Do you remember which drinks had the price increase? My husband likes Johnnie Walker Black or Glenlivet. They are both $8 according to the menus I have seen so they should be included in the classic package. I am trying to decide which package would be best for us.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest debbiejohncruise

We are cruising next Feb with Equinox and are worried that the drinks we like will be over the price listed last year. We will each have the Classic Pkg. Thanks for any updates. Anyone have recent copies of the drink menus???:o

We will be on the Reflection in November 2013. Looking for updated information/menus on drinks prices. Especially interested in wines (dinner and bar) and cocktails/martinis.

Any info would be appreciated!

We have the classic package. REally would prefer not to have to upgrade if there is sufficient options in the included package.

Also - does anyone have any comments on the service if you have the included drink package? We had some friends cruise on Celebrity for a 5 night cruise out of San Diego in April and one of the party who had the drink package complained about neglected, slow service......

We will be on the Reflection in November 2013. Looking for updated information/menus on drinks prices. Especially interested in wines (dinner and bar) and cocktails/martinis.

We have the classic package. REally would prefer not to have to upgrade if there is sufficient options in the included package.

Also - does anyone have any comments on the service if you have the included drink package? We had some friends cruise on Celebrity for a 5 night cruise out of San Diego in April and one of the party who had the drink package complained about neglected, slow service......

Here is a wine list from the Eclipse last March: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Celebrity%20MDR%20Wine%20List%20-%20Eclipse%20March%202013.pdf

And a wine menu from Cellarmasters from the Silhouette last December: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Cellar-Masters-Wine-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012-s.pdf

I doubt that either will have changed much and should be the same, or very similar, to what you can expect to find on the Reflection.

You'll find that there are two types of martinis served on the ship: The Martini Bar has larger martinis made with top shelf vodka or gin which run around $10 or slightly more. There is a martini menu with a variety of basic and fancy (fruity) martinis. These are also available in a couple other bars on request. The standard martini served in other bars (and occasionally at the Martini Bar on request) is included in the classic package as the price is $8 or less is smaller and is made with either bar well vodka/gin or one of the standard call brands included in the package. Likewise most basic cocktails (i.e. rum & coke, whiskey & water, gin & tonic) can be made with one of the standard call brands included in the classic package at under $8 or with a premium top shelf liquor at a higher cost which is covered by the Premium package.

The wine selection at most bars, other than the MDR and Cellarmasters is pretty basic. In the dining room and Cellarmasters menus above you'll notice that the classic package covers a small selection of basic lower end wines - there will be one each of the more common varieties of wine. The premium package will cover a little broader selection with a few nicer wines for each of the common varieties and a few others as well. But for a truly wide and varied selection of wines you'll have to step up to the bottled wine list which is not covered by the packages - although they now offer a discount on bottled wine to package holders (20% off for Classic and 30% off for Premium). A lot of wine aficionados won't even consider the beverage package because they prefer the full bottled wine list.

Edited by Lsimon

I just got back from Bermuda and what I did was wait until I was on board to see if it was worth upgrading. The wine list is average under the classic package but I didn't mind it. Some of the wines available were decent. If you like specialty martinis then you will need to get the premium but if you are looking for just a regular martini like a Cosmo or Dirty one, then you have a selection of vodkas that can be used. All my martinis were made with Ketel One which is pretty good IMO. Stoli was also available and it was used when having flavored vodka drinks. I didn't miss Mr. Grey Goose at all! After about 3 days of trying the classic, I decided that I didn't need to upgrade to the premium.

Service was "EXCELLENT" in all bars. We were never neglected and during peak times the wait was similar to what you would experience at a busy bar in land. The bartenders were really good and accomodating in terms of making drinks to our specifications.

Here is a wine list from the Eclipse last March: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Celebrity%20MDR%20Wine%20List%20-%20Eclipse%20March%202013.pdf

And a wine menu from Cellarmasters from the Silhouette last December: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Cellar-Masters-Wine-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012-s.pdf

I doubt that either will have changed much and should be the same, or very similar, to what you can expect to find on the Reflection.

You'll find that there are two types of martinis served on the ship: The Martini Bar has larger martinis made with top shelf vodka or gin which run around $10 or slightly more. There is a martini menu with a variety of basic and fancy (fruity) martinis. These are also available in a couple other bars on request. The standard martini served in other bars (and occasionally at the Martini Bar on request) is included in the classic package as the price is $8 or less is smaller and is made with either bar well vodka/gin or one of the standard call brands included in the package. Likewise most basic cocktails (i.e. rum & coke, whiskey & water, gin & tonic) can be made with one of the standard call brands included in the classic package at under $8 or with a premium top shelf liquor at a higher cost which is covered by the Premium package.

The wine selection at most bars, other than the MDR and Cellarmasters is pretty basic. In the dining room and Cellarmasters menus above you'll notice that the classic package covers a small selection of basic lower end wines - there will be one each of the more common varieties of wine. The premium package will cover a little broader selection with a few nicer wines for each of the common varieties and a few others as well. But for a truly wide and varied selection of wines you'll have to step up to the bottled wine list which is not covered by the packages - although they now offer a discount on bottled wine to package holders (20% off for Classic and 30% off for Premium). A lot of wine aficionados won't even consider the beverage package because they prefer the full bottled wine list.

Thank you! Some very good information.

I just got back from Bermuda and what I did was wait until I was on board to see if it was worth upgrading. The wine list is average under the classic package but I didn't mind it. Some of the wines available were decent. If you like specialty martinis then you will need to get the premium but if you are looking for just a regular martini like a Cosmo or Dirty one, then you have a selection of vodkas that can be used. All my martinis were made with Ketel One which is pretty good IMO. Stoli was also available and it was used when having flavored vodka drinks. I didn't miss Mr. Grey Goose at all! After about 3 days of trying the classic, I decided that I didn't need to upgrade to the premium.

Service was "EXCELLENT" in all bars. We were never neglected and during peak times the wait was similar to what you would experience at a busy bar in land. The bartenders were really good and accomodating in terms of making drinks to our specifications.

Sandy - thanks for the info. I like Ketel One vodka for martinis - so I should be fine with the classic package. I like that you can wait and upgrade on board. So maybe see how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Ridiculous, cheap, rip-off, ill advised, terrible, and so many other similar words to describe this. I just cannot believe this can be true.

We are booked on the November 3 Trans-Atlantic Eclipse. I had better check on this nonsense.

Bob :cool:

We are going on a 15 day cruise in September. We have only gone on two 3-4 day cruises many years ago. Thus I am pretty much a newbie.

My DH would prefer to have a glass of single-malt scotch every evening while relaxing in our room. We know we can't bring a bottle of scotch on board with us. Which leads to a couple of questions:

1. Can we buy a bottle of scotch in one of the stores on the ship and take it to our room? Any idea of the price?
  2. Can he get this in the classic alcohol package?
  3. What is the cost of a glass of single-malt scotch?

• 3 weeks later...
I know it's meant to be just one drink at a time but is it possible to order freshly squeezed juice and an espresso at breakfast? I'd like both! ;-)

We had no problem ordering fresh sq. juice directly when arriving (before seating) to ocean view breakfast buffet and then ordering our daily cappucino from a waiter a few minutes later. (although we had not yet finishef the juice). Totally forgot about that rule. But I can not promise you it is consequently like this on all C. ships/itinearys. :) We both had beverage pkg. I think they are more strict when ordering alch. Beverages and if only one in the couple has a bev. pkg.

I know it's meant to be just one drink at a time but is it possible to order freshly squeezed juice and an espresso at breakfast? I'd like both! ;-)

Each morning, I collected my skinny latte from Cafe Al Bacio before going to breakfast. It tastes so much nicer from their machines! You can then get your orange juice from the Oceanview (sometimes there was a long wait for freshly squeezed juice, so already having my coffee did help) ;).

I am deciding if any of these non-alcoholic packages would be worth it to us. We get fresh squeezed OJ in BLU (for AQU class) and bottled water in our stateroom.

I want to know how hard it is to find Vitamin Water (brand) on board and curious what flavors. We don't drink coffee.

We're booked in AQ, and I'm trying to figure out if the non-alcoholic pkg would be worth it to us too. So, we will get fresh squeezed OJ for breakfast in Blu regardless? I knew about the 2 bottles of water a day but didn't know that one. I'm addicted to Vitamin Water Zero lemonade flavor - if I can get that, it would probably be worth it. Does anyone know?

• 2 months later...

I'm really interested in this thread. My DW and I are going on 3 cruises next year and they all will include the Classic package. I'm wondering if I'll be able to pay the 'difference' to upgrade to the Premium package to get the scotch I prefer.

I'm really interested in this thread. My DW and I are going on 3 cruises next year and they all will include the Classic package. I'm wondering if I'll be able to pay the 'difference' to upgrade to the Premium package to get the scotch I prefer.

I upgraded at the port last year, before we even boarded the ship. And it was only one package I upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

yes you can. However, there is another thread here on Cruise Critic discussing the fact that Celebrity just increased the prices of the packages on board. This might result in an increase in the upgrade prices if you wait to do it on board. Not sure of this as there is conflicting information being given out by different Celebrity sources in different countries. Hopefully it will become clear soon.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1921071

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all...

I have read through MANY of these hundred pages... but finally skipped to the end when I still wasn't SURE of my info... besides info changes as time goes on...

We are doing the 7-nighter to Alaska June 13-19, 2014 for my birthday [6/16]... I am considering the classic alcoholic beverage package.

First:

I only drink the frozen alcoholic drinks, or maybe a Heineken Lite, & now that I see that prices were raised... did the Heinie's go above the $5.00 beer limit or did the frozen drink prices? I have been on DOZENS of cruises, living in Florida, but never on celebrity... do they have frozen "Miami Vices" [strawberry daq./pina colado mix], are they under the $8.00 limit?:confused:

Second:

I see that you can purchase the package mid-cruise [up until last 2 days] but what if I purchase just a soda card pre-cruise... can I upgrade [pay the difference] to the classic alcohol package on the 4th day/nite? It is my birthday & since I am not a very heavy drinker it would not be worth it to me for the first few days, but WILL make up for it once Bday celebrations start!!icon12.gif... but I WOULD need soda for all 7 nites!

Does that make sense??

LOL... 3 days til Xmas...

been cooking for days... a little loopy:p

TNX!!

~A~

• 4 weeks later...