Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

We were just off the celebrity cruise. Our drink package was part of the 123 promotion, so was included in our room price and we were able to order wine, although very limited brands,

In the specialty restaurants. Can't say about the premium, but I think the varieties of all drinks would be much better. We used ours mostly for speciality coffees, fresh juices, bottled water for day trips, the pool and in our room, frozen drinks at the pool, We also used it at most of the other bars, including martini, but the martinis were in the mini glasses. So, I think if you have specific brands you like the upgraded package is better. Enjoy.

Am considering purchasing a Classic Alchohol package. Will mostly be for bloody marys, cape cods and beers. I'm assuming all of those are under $8.00 or $5.00 for beer? Are lattes included? It states premium coffee, but I'm not sure what that includes.

Thanks.

Hi all, just booked on the Eclipse for April. We choose the classic drink package for the 123 Celebrity promotion. Once we selected that we upgraded to the premium package for $165. each. So depending on how much you plan on indulging during your cruise should dictate which package you go with. I feel that this is the best route for us. (14 day cruise). The man who I talked to told me that I could upgrade once aboard the ship but the upgrade would be more expensive once aboard. Also, with the classic package if you order any drink that is not covered by that package then you pay the full price for that drink,,,with the premium package you will be charged only for the difference of the drink. Our last cruise (12 days cost us $800. so this upgrade was a no brainer for us. I also do not want to be asking the bartender/waiter for the price of ever drink that I want to try.

• 2 weeks later...

First, a big thanks to jg51 for posting this VERY useful list back in 2010. While cruise lines make it easy to find beverage package pricing, they're terrible at providing ad hoc drink pricing (for obvious reasons - they want to push the packages).

Second, does anybody know of an updated price list for 2014? We're sailing on the Millennium in April (HK-to-Shanghai) and I'm trying to evaluate the cost benefit of package vs ad hoc, especially since we're off the ship entirely for 2.5 days during a Beijing port stay.

Specifically, I'm interested in current ad hoc canned soda and juice prices. We usually buy the soda package on all cruises, but if the math comes close to evening out I might consider going ad hoc on this one in order to get BOTH juice and soda when I want it. When I buy a soda package, I feel locked into getting soda for every drink since I've already paid for it.

Also, we've never been on a ship that allows for canned soda as part of the package (like Celebrity appears to). I'm looking forward to that since soda out of a bar gun is often flat or poorly mixed. This may be a dumb question, but when asking for a canned soda in the MDR or at a bar, will they also give you a glass of ice? I love the canned soda (because it tastes right) but I don't like drinking it out of a can, and I prefer ice.

First, a big thanks to jg51 for posting this VERY useful list back in 2010. While cruise lines make it easy to find beverage package pricing, they're terrible at providing ad hoc drink pricing (for obvious reasons - they want to push the packages).

Second, does anybody know of an updated price list for 2014? We're sailing on the Millennium in April (HK-to-Shanghai) and I'm trying to evaluate the cost benefit of package vs ad hoc, especially since we're off the ship entirely for 2.5 days during a Beijing port stay.

Specifically, I'm interested in current ad hoc canned soda and juice prices. We usually buy the soda package on all cruises, but if the math comes close to evening out I might consider going ad hoc on this one in order to get BOTH juice and soda when I want it. When I buy a soda package, I feel locked into getting soda for every drink since I've already paid for it.

Also, we've never been on a ship that allows for canned soda as part of the package (like Celebrity appears to). I'm looking forward to that since soda out of a bar gun is often flat or poorly mixed. This may be a dumb question, but when asking for a canned soda in the MDR or at a bar, will they also give you a glass of ice? I love the canned soda (because it tastes right) but I don't like drinking it out of a can, and I prefer ice.

Soda is now $2.50 a can ...not including 15% gratuity (not sure if taxes would also be added). This was 3 weeks ago on the Reflection.

Hi All - I apologize in advance if this question has been asked and answered previously ... But does anyone know from a recent sailing if wine flights can be bought through the premium drink package?

They are priced at $15 and am wondering if they can be ordered and just pay the difference ($2 if a premium package???? :cool:

PS - HUGE THANK YOU for posting the wine menus!

Soda is now $2.50 a can ...not including 15% gratuity (not sure if taxes would also be added). This was 3 weeks ago on the Reflection.

Thank you! I figured it was probably approaching that price by now.

It's a shame they double the price (from $7/day to $14/day) to add juice and bottled water to the package. We're not actually drinking twice as much, we're just drinking a broader selection of beverages that probably doesn't cost them much more. If I drink a juice it's IN PLACE OF a can of soda, not in addition to it.

Oh well, the soda package will do. At $91 (before tip) for my upcoming 13-day Asia cruise, break-even point is 36 cans. Even being off the ship for 2 nights, that's still only about 3 cans/day (I know I'll drink that much or more if I'm prepaying for them).

Thank you! I figured it was probably approaching that price by now.

It's a shame they double the price (from $7/day to $14/day) to add juice and bottled water to the package. We're not actually drinking twice as much, we're just drinking a broader selection of beverages that probably doesn't cost them much more. If I drink a juice it's IN PLACE OF a can of soda, not in addition to it.

Oh well, the soda package will do. At $91 (before tip) for my upcoming 13-day Asia cruise, break-even point is 36 cans. Even being off the ship for 2 nights, that's still only about 3 cans/day (I know I'll drink that much or more if I'm prepaying for them).

It's been reported on here that you are allowed to take your own cases of soda/water on board - just send them through with your checked luggage.

It's been reported on here that you are allowed to take your own cases of soda/water on board - just send them through with your checked luggage.

Thanks. That might be tempting on a shorter domestic cruise, but logistically that would be tough on a longer international cruise. Packing for 16 nights to Asia is already going to be a real challenge. :o

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has already been asked....but, does anyone know/or have a current price list of alcoholic beverages if you don't purchase a package? Especially when we are one person who drinks and one not so much........I'm just not so sure we would benefit from that type of plan, but haven't been able to locate a list of prices (even on Celebrity website).

Also, sorry for bringing back an older thread.....but, it fit my question, I'm hoping :(

Edited by AcaCandy

Sorry if this has already been asked....but, does anyone know/or have a current price list of alcoholic beverages if you don't purchase a package? Especially when we are one person who drinks and one not so much........I'm just not so sure we would benefit from that type of plan, but haven't been able to locate a list of prices (even on Celebrity website).

Also, sorry for bringing back an older thread.....but, it fit my question, I'm hoping :(

Check the posts in this thread. There's a post showing a drink price document. Prices change on occasion, so be ready. We each have a few drinks per day and we are WAY short of the classic drink package. It's great when X gives us the package for free (we upgrade to Premium for $10 / person / day). Good luck!

Thanks for the reply :) I was trying to take the easy way out of not reading thru 100 pages :eek: and was hoping whomever posted it would be able to find it quickly :cool: With all the other planning, reading, printing, packing etc.....well, you get it :D

Thanks for the reply :) I was trying to take the easy way out of not reading thru 100 pages :eek: and was hoping whomever posted it would be able to find it quickly :cool: With all the other planning, reading, printing, packing etc.....well, you get it :D

Go to the very 1st post on the very first page of this thread. While those prices are 4 years old now, they at least give you a decent idea of how they compare to each other. Add maybe 20-25% for inflation to estimate current prices. I'm sure there's exceptions to that but it should get you in the ballpark anyway.

For instance, Coke on that list was $2.00/can in 2010. Now it's $2.50.

And of course, a 15% gratuity always gets added to all those prices, as well as to all beverage package prices as well.

Edited by dbsb3233

Thanks for that info. I saw that one. I was just assuming (or I guess hoping) that there would be a new 2014 version available somewhere. I'm sure calling Celebrity would be a fruitless effort.............

Bear in mind, a Classic drink (alcohol) package has a price per drink of (I think) $8. If your desired beverage is above that, you pay full price. With the Premium package, you pay the difference. If you get a flight of wine, martinis, etc, you pay full price. Also, you can add a drink package, or upgrage one, part way through your cruise.

I've seen conflicting info on these boards regarding adding a beverage package part way through the cruise.

Can anyone confirm this for sure, from recent onboard experience?

I've made it thru this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1921071&page=12

and it appears to still be up in the air......... :(:confused: or at least until the last post there.........

Edited by AcaCandy

I've seen conflicting info on these boards regarding adding a beverage package part way through the cruise.

Can anyone confirm this for sure, from recent onboard experience?

I've made it thru this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1921071&page=12

and it appears to still be up in the air......... :(:confused: or at least until the last post there.........

Last year we were on a transatlantic. I had the premium package and wife chose not to buy the package. Half way through the cruise she was able to purchase a premium package for the remainder of the cruise at the guest relations desk.

Last year we were on a transatlantic. I had the premium package and wife chose not to buy the package. Half way through the cruise she was able to purchase a premium package for the remainder of the cruise at the guest relations desk.

Was it before or after September 30th, 2013?

Can anyone confirm this for sure, from recent onboard experience? .....

Well, I was on the Constellation 7 weeks ago and I related my beverage package in a post. It seemed to be a normal situation (beverage package upgrades) for several couples we met aboard. :rolleyes: