Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Well, I was on the Constellation 7 weeks ago and I related my beverage package in a post. It seemed to be a normal situation (beverage package upgrades) for several couples we met aboard. :rolleyes:

I'm still not clear, and I probably missed your post.....but, what I'd like to be clear on, can you "ADD" a new package midway thru the cruise.....(not add to an existing package, upgrade, etc.)

Also confused as to the smiley you chose to use :confused:

Edited by AcaCandy

April 2013

Thanks for the reply. The thread I referenced seemed to indicate this change after Sept. 2013 (or some date during Sept.) of having to purchase the package for the whole cruise....not on a day basis, or part of the cruise.

I'm still not clear, and I probably missed your post.....but, what I'd like to be clear on, can you "ADD" a new package midway thru the cruise.....(not add to an existing package, upgrade, etc.)

Also confused as to the smiley you chose to use :confused:

Yes. My wife did not have a drink package. Half way through the cruise she went to Guest Relations and Purchased a PDP for the remainder of the cruise. It was something like 55.00 a day.

Yes. My wife did not have a drink package. Half way through the cruise she went to Guest Relations and Purchased a PDP for the remainder of the cruise. It was something like 55.00 a day.

Thank you. That is very helpful :)

What is the difference?

I want Latte'

Which beer is under $5 vs over $5

Which wine ?

Spirits?

Where can I find these particular's listed so I can comparison shop.

Thanks for your help.

You'll find quite a bit of what you are looking for here...

http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1979030&page=3

(look for the wine list near the bottom of the page on the second link)

btw, the upper limit for the classic package for beer is $6 not $5

This should be available when booking.

Husband's favorite beer is listed for $6. Whew! Something small or big like that could change everything. Thank You, thank you again.

We're booked Jan 18, 2015 Southern Caribbean.

Edited by SouthernMainer

Husband's favorite beer is listed for $6. Whew! Something small or big like that could change everything. Thank You, thank you again.

Glad it worked out - have a wonderful cruise!

Exactly! I agree with you. Why is it such a mystery? and not published??? :confused::confused: Mine is $4.50 - and that makes a WORLD of difference in deciding if it's more economical to pay as I go, or buy a package. I can't make the package math work out to be effective in my case. EVEN with wine a la carte.

Edited by AcaCandy

• 2 weeks later...
Exactly! I agree with you. Why is it such a mystery? and not published??? :confused::confused: Mine is $4.50 - and that makes a WORLD of difference in deciding if it's more economical to pay as I go, or buy a package. I can't make the package math work out to be effective in my case. EVEN with wine a la carte.

I guess the less people know, the more likely they are to end up paying more than they would had they known better. Thus the reason for cruise lines not making it super easy for us to figure out the best deal for us. ;)

Edited by dbsb3233

Has anyone ever tried adding a drink package mid-way in the cruise? We will be on the Mercury for 12 nights in November. 5 of those days will be in port, and we don't think it will be very economical for port days. We were leaning towards going a la carte until day 7 or 8 and then trying to pick up the premium package for the rest of the cruise. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Hi there, I am thinking to do the same as you ie buy towards end of cruise just to sample some of the drinks. Was it possible for you to do that when you cruised? thanks

Hi there, I am thinking to do the same as you ie buy towards end of cruise just to sample some of the drinks. Was it possible for you to do that when you cruised? thanks

I believe you can buy a drinks package as long as there are four or more days left of your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find it. If you have the classic beverage package and want a drink that costs more, do you get any credit off the price? Like would you pay $4 (difference between classic max and drink cost) or would you pay $12 like you had no package at all?

Edited by epjenk

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find it. If you have the classic beverage package and want a drink that costs more, do you get any credit off the price? Like would you pay $4 (difference between classic max and drink cost) or would you pay $12 like you had no package at all?

With the Classic you pay as if you have NO PACKAGE AT ALL. You have to have the Premium to only pay the difference.

No credit towards a drink outside of the classic package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Just returned from Celebrity Reflection yesterday, attached is their cheat sheet describing their official drink packages. Enjoy.

P.S. I never felt at any time a need to upgrade to premium, nor did any of my fellow travelers, but yes, if you are a special Martini person, it may be handy for the Molecular bar.

Edited by nitroused

Just returned from Celebrity Reflection yesterday, attached is their cheat sheet describing their official drink packages. Enjoy.

P.S. I never felt at any time a need to upgrade to premium, nor did any of my fellow travelers, but yes, if you are a special Martini person, it may be handy for the Molecular bar.

Sorry couldn't post attachment due to file size, I will type out the Classic Package:

Non-Alcoholic: Sodas, juices, coffee, and tea. Specialty coffee, smoothies, frozen drinks, non-premium water (crystal geyser or similar)

Beer: Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light, Miller Light, Corona, Franziskaner, Heineken, Leffe Blond, Strongbow, Estrella.

Vodka: 42Below, Effen, Ketel One, Smirnoff, 3Olives, Stoli.

Gin: Beefeater, Bombay Sapphire, Tanqueray, Gordon's, Plymouth English

Whiskey: Blanton's, Crown Royal, CC, Seagram's 7 & VO, Jameson, Jack Daniel's, Jim Beam, Maker's Mark

Scotch: Dewar's, Johnny Walker Red, J & B, Glenfiddich, Chivas

Rum: Bacardi Silver, Bacardi 8, Bacardi Flavoured, Captain Morgan, Leblon, Myer's, Malibu

Brandy/Cognac: Napoleon, Courvoiser VS

Wines: by the glass up to $9

Note I also had Brandy and Benedictine, not on the list but was included. Bartenders know what's included, just say Classic. They will scan your card and no receipt given. If they hand you a receipt to sign, it is not included.

Hope that helps.

Edited by nitroused

I am also just off the Reflection:)

I get the premium package as a Zenith benefit.

The only place it really makes a difference is the wine in the specialty restaurant. Even there many of the wines that were free are now a small surcharge ($0.50 - $1.00).

They seem to be raising the wine prices at least twice a year:(

One of the sommelier's told us that every time he comes back from vacation the prices are higher.

They had to raise the classic limit earlier this year when there was not a single white or red wine in the MDR under the limit.

It would be nice if they were to raise the premium limit also:confused:

Thanks for the list:D

Would you have the list of wines by the glass for the Classic and Premium packages ? :confused:

Here is a list someone posted from last May. Be sure to read the notes at the top of the page as it is adjusted to include gratuities because the cruise sailed from the UK

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44321241&

This is only our 2nd cruise with Celebrity. We'll be getting Premium Alcoholic drink packages. Does Celebrity ever discount these packages on the first day of the cruise? I try to pre-purchase all my extras prior to departure (another topic for the future..lol) but if it's a common occurrence I'll wait. Thanks for the help.