Got our cabin assignments- couple of questions

we got our cabin assignments today:). My D's are on deck 2 in a handicap accessible cabin- pros/cons of that?? I assume it is larger than the standard OV and that may be a very good thing!

The other 2 cabins are on deck 7 aft - right next to each other:) They are large OV rooms but on the deck plans one looks considerably larger than the other although they are the same category- 200 sq ft. Is one wider than the other? 7700 appears to be longer than 7702. :confused:

we got our cabin assignments today:). My D's are on deck 2 in a handicap accessible cabin- pros/cons of that?? I assume it is larger than the standard OV and that may be a very good thing!

The other 2 cabins are on deck 7 aft - right next to each other:) They are large OV rooms but on the deck plans one looks considerably larger than the other although they are the same category- 200 sq ft. Is one wider than the other? 7700 appears to be longer than 7702. :confused:

Had to look up what ship you're on (Liberty) and looking at the deck plan, yeah, it looks like 7700 is slightly longer than 7702. Will you notice it? Unlikely. Maybe a handful of square feet more, but definitely won't be 'useful' space, just additional 'hallway' into your cabin. Sorry :D

Once you have been assigned a cabin, you can change within that same class. If your cabin is an "M," for example, check to see what other "M" cabins are available. If you find a cabin you like better, call and ask to be changed to that cabin.

Had a disabled stateroom on the FOS last year. It was huge.

I like the cabins- there fine. We don't spend a whole lot of time in them anyway but if the size of 7700 is considerably larger than 7702 then I will put my boys in there and DH and I will take the larger cabin.

I'm pleased to hear that the accessible cabin is HUGE!! Our girls will love that:D

We once were assigned a handicap room from a guarantee booking. The room was the same as others in that catagory but had modifcations.

The shower was a large walkin with no rim so a wheelchair could roll in.

There was a pull down rod for the closet pole so it could be accessed from a wheelchair.

The middle desk drawer had been removed so a wheelchair could roll under it.

Close to the elevator.

I think these rooms are mostly assigned to guarantees. They are held to see if any handicapped people need them & if not just assigned out.

It was fine....if I had a choice, I would book a regular room but the savings by taking a guarantee rate is usually worth any assignment.

We once were assigned a handicap room from a guarantee booking. The room was the same as others in that catagory but had modifcations.

The shower was a large walkin with no rim so a wheelchair could roll in.

There was a pull down rod for the closet pole so it could be accessed from a wheelchair.

The middle desk drawer had been removed so a wheelchair could roll under it.

Close to the elevator.

I think these rooms are mostly assigned to guarantees. They are held to see if any handicapped people need them & if not just assigned out.

It was fine....if I had a choice, I would book a regular room but the savings by taking a guarantee rate is usually worth any assignment.

What ship was this on that the cabin was the same as others?

On RCl, handicapped cabins are the size of a JR suite. The OP's D will love it.

Archived