deluxe suite sleeping accommodations

brovol

I am about to book a sa or sb deluxe suite on either the Eurodam or Niew Amsterdam, for my wife, two kids and me. Looking at the description of the room it looks like the third and fourth passengers are required to share the sofa bed; rather than one of them getting a pull down bed. If so, that would not work for us. Does anyone know the answer? Any other thoughts or comments on the rooms would also be appreciated. Thanks.

I am about to book a sa or sb deluxe suite on either the Eurodam or Niew Amsterdam, for my wife, two kids and me. Looking at the description of the room it looks like the third and fourth passengers are required to share the sofa bed; rather than one of them getting a pull down bed. If so, that would not work for us. Does anyone know the answer? Any other thoughts or comments on the rooms would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, that is how it works. The sofa bed is quite large we had the steward roll up blankets and place them down the center of the bed to provide a "buffer" between our kids.

If I had to guess from having had suites, but never pulling out the sofa, I would say it makes into a queen bed which certainly is for 2 adults. How old are your kids? Or your wife could sleep with one and you with the other? A suite with its amenities is wonderful and perfect for a family of 4. There is no room for a rollaway.

I don't believe HAL allows or even has roll-away beds..:confused:, but if I am mistaken, I'm sure one of the HAL regulation experts will be on here soon enough to correct me! ;) :D

The sofa bed is very large - queen-sized, so I cannot imagine why this would not work for you, but if you say it won't, then I guess it won't! You can always choose to bring a blow-up mattress, but I can't imagine that would be near as comfortable for whoever draws the short straw for it...

I think you all may have convinced me. My kids are 13-girl and 12-boy. I was wondering about a blow-up bed. We use them at hotels regularly. I am assuming the room Steward would make up that bed; particularly if we advance tip him for it. The sofa might be just fine; I just can foresee the nightly fight over who is hogging the blankets.

I think you all may have convinced me. My kids are 13-girl and 12-boy. I was wondering about a blow-up bed. We use them at hotels regularly. I am assuming the room Steward would make up that bed; particularly if we advance tip him for it. The sofa might be just fine; I just can foresee the nightly fight over who is hogging the blankets.

Great idea & the cabin steward will be happy to make up the air mattress for you. A little extra tip for him in this instance would definitely be in order, IMHO! PLEASE - let's NOT turn this into another "tipping" thread!

You will LOVE the Deluxe suite. Be sure & check out the Neptune Lounge for goodies & snacks all day long.

Any other thoughts or comments on the rooms would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Here's one idea. The king size bed can be split to make two comfy single beds for the kids. That leaves the sofa bed for Mom and Dad. You'd be sacrificing the lovely Mariner Dream bed experience :eek: but it would make for an easy solution.

Suggestion -- both mother and father sleep in the sofa bed -- queen size.

Have the cabin steward make the other bed into twins for the children.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat! ;) :D The OP is going to LOVE that Deluxe Suite!! :)

We are a family of 4 and have a suite every cruise. We don't give up the King bed for the teens but the room steward has always honored our request for 2 separate sets of bedding. The bottom sheet is shared obviously but the top coverings are their own. After the first night the sofa bed is always made up that way. I don't think you will regret your suite for the space and amenities.

I am far too selfish to forfeit the "master" bed for my children (I love them; but not that much-lol). I do, however, like the idea of having the steward put separate sheets and blankets for each side of the bed. Great ideas for me to chew on. Thanks.

I love this site, and its posters. We cruise at least once every year, and any question (trivial or otherwise) is answered wonderfully, and with style. You guys rock!

So many times we have walked by Suite open doors and see the stewards making up the pull out couch bedding. They are very accustomed to it and will accomodate most any request you make. We've seen tons of families of four share the "SA" cabins and it always seems to work fine for them.

Hope you all have a wonderful time.

We are just back from the Eurodam with our 7 and 8 year olds. This year, our son preferred to sleep on the sofa itself (cushions put back on behind the bed) while our daughter slept on the queen bed. It worked very well for us. While our children are too young for us to book an additional room for them, I don't know that I ever would. The size and perks of HAL's SA/ SB suites would outweigh the benefits of an extra room for us. I think you will be comfortable. Talk to your kids beforehand about the sleeping and room size. Have a wonderful trip!

My brother, his wife and their 2 college age children (boy and girl) shared an SA on the Westerdam last Thanksgiving. Mom and Dad were not about to give up the King so the stewards brought a fold-up (full size) bed for one of the kids to use and the other slept on the sofa bed. It was a tad crowded at night but perfectly fine during the day with the other beds folded away.

So the sofa itself is still available after the bed/sleeper is pulled out? If so, that would solve my problem. Even if the cushions for the sofa could be used as a makeshift bed. If anyone can confirm this it would be helpful.

I suggest you get joining rooms.

So the sofa itself is still available after the bed/sleeper is pulled out? If so, that would solve my problem. Even if the cushions for the sofa could be used as a makeshift bed. If anyone can confirm this it would be helpful.

No.

Suggestion -- both mother and father sleep in the sofa bed -- queen size.

Have the cabin steward make the other bed into twins for the children.

This is what we're planning to do for our NA cruise next June. My kids (DD 17, DS 15) will NOT share a bed. My son kicks, so no one wants to share a bed with him.

I suggest you get joining rooms.

We looked a connecting rooms, but it was more expensive than a suite unless we gave up our balcony - which I won't do!

Mollynme - I like the idea of a roll-away. I didn't know the ships had those!

brovol Thanks for starting this thread. It would be great is we could reclaim the master bed!

Deleted, answer was the same as another's

Joanie

Archived