Carry on beverage question

I see many posts on here with regard to questions about carrying on 'beverages'. We have not done this on our past 5 cruises, but are thinking about this when we leave in September. Am looking for your experiences / advice about this. There are 5 of us travelling and I'd like to carry on some 'beverages'. Thanks!:p

we usually fly down the day before we sail. I take a small carry on bag in my suitcase so I can put in a 12 pack of water and pop. I wrap the pop and water up in a garbage bag that I get at hotel and then I check the bag with my luggage at the peir. never had an issue in three cruises.

I see many posts on here with regard to questions about carrying on 'beverages'. We have not done this on our past 5 cruises, but are thinking about this when we leave in September. Am looking for your experiences / advice about this. There are 5 of us travelling and I'd like to carry on some 'beverages'. Thanks!:p

RCI is starting to enforce the "no beverage be brought onboard" rule..Seems to still vary from ship to ship..so just be aware that it might be denied..After all these are potential revenue items for RCI..Good luck !

We always like to take some bottled water to have for when we get off the ship in port and to have available in the room. So when I was hearing the same thing, I emailed RCI, and this is what their response was:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Royal Caribbean International prohibits food or beverages from being brought onboard. However, guests may have one bottle of water as a carry-on while checking in. Guests must have purchased the bottle of water for personal consumption while traveling to the port and be in the process of consuming it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you onboard the Enchantment of the Seas.

Sincerely,

Debbie Evans

Customer Service Representative

.....the Mariner a few months ago. I noticed a soda machine. It seemed reasonable & was bottles with a twist cap you could reseal. Whattheheck ! I decided to get a few & see if we could board with them. No problem !

I am not a big soda drinker but do bring a big travel mug to fill with the softy ice cream & then make a float ! Was very convinient to have my own soda since I could just use a bit & recap it.

its kinda like the "no jeans" in the MDR theory, its suggested not to but people still do and RCI doesnt stop it. We have taken water and soda and never had a problem. I will be going in Sept and will take a 12 pack of water with me, so time will tell if something has changed with RCI.

If I were you, Id take it....

We always bring a few bottles of water for excursions (and a couple of empty sports bottles to refill on the ship as their water is perfectly fine to drink, especially with some Crystal Light added) and some 24 oz. bottles of Diet Pepsi (maybe one for each day) for DH as he hates Coke but needs some soda as his meds make his throat dry. Pack them in a small checked duffle (which is used on the return trip for souveniers, etc.). Have never had a problem.

Just out of curiosity, since the thread is about beverages, would a Brita faucet water filter fit on the Oasis bathroom faucets ?

It's small, light, installs easily and gives the cruiser an unlimited quantity of pure quality filtered water.

Just an idea I had while reading the thread.

Just out of curiosity, since the thread is about beverages, would a Brita faucet water filter fit on the Oasis bathroom faucets ?

It's small, light, installs easily and gives the cruiser an unlimited quantity of pure quality filtered water.

Just an idea I had while reading the thread.

It might but there was a lengthy discussion about this in a previous post. The ships water is desalinated. So, it's sea water taken in, heated, condensed back into liquid (salt gone - this is much how natural weather sysetms create water) then there are nutrients added to it, then it is filtered, then it is tested for bacteria and pH, then it's filtered again and then it comes to your faucet (some steps might be missing - you can look it up if you wish). It's pretty clean....

In March 2010 on the Explorer, I taped extra luggage tags to cases of water and soda. These were delivered right to our stateroom with our luggage. Has the poloicy changed? Will they no longer deliver this for us?

Thanks,

purchased while traveling to the port and be in the process of consuming it.

They're gonna be surprised when people start walking in with those huge 5 gallon water cooler sized jugs and sipping it with a straw!

Archived