$28.45 for 8 bottles of water- I'm afraid to look further!

CMM

Just started looking at what is available on my first cruise with Royal Caribbean. 8 Bottles of bottled water is listed at $28.45 with an additional 15% gratuity. $32 for an 8 pack of water in your room seems like a lot.

I don't really drink bottled water all that much and usually am happy enough with tap water, but now I am afraid to look at what the prices are for everything else.

The tap water is fine....you can get iced water at any bar, and you will have ice delivered to your cabin twice daily... (and guess what...it's made from the ship's water!!!!) it's fine. Buying bottled is a waste of your money.

Beer (domestic) will run in the $4 range....mixed drinks are in the $6-8 range, and wine...it's tooooooo expensive and waaaay overpriced....forgo it for 7 days!

Sodas are available by the can ($2.24 per) or if you drink them non-stop, you can get the soda card for unlimited fountain drinks...but you really have to drink alot to make that pay for itself/

Water, tea, coffee, lemonade, milk, and juice at breakfast are included in you fare.

I am planning on just carrying some on the ship with me then refilling them. I am not much of a soda drinker so won't by the soda card as it seems really a waste of money. I don't drink wine or beer and the occasional mixed drink. I just am packing crystal light in different flavors. Can get 12 of the for a buck at the dollar store so for 7 dollars I can drink good stuff and not the over priced stuff for a week. Best bet would be carrying them on and just refiling them.

I enquired on the water packaged, and this was the e-mail I received:

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the below e-mail.

Please see below some approximate information with regards to the prices for the water packages which we offer.

Please note, these prices are subject to change at any time.

Water Bottle Package Pricing - Subject to change without notice

Evian Water Package 8 Bottle $28.45 plus 15% gratuity

Evian Water Package 12 Bottle $40.30 plus 15% gratuity

Evian Water Package 16 Bottle $50.55 plus 15% gratuity

Evian Water Package 24 Bottle $71.10 plus 15% gratuity

Gratuity is not optional.

Kind regards,

Admin Department

Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cruises

Lots of people bring their own bottled water and soda. We are not big soda drinkers but every now and then my DH like a coke so we bought a 2 litre and left it in the fridge.

I drink the ship water and its fine. Do a search for a bar menu on the board and you can see what the drinks cost they are no more than your local restaurant.

You can bring your own wine you just need to pay a cork fee.

Its not that bad. Enjoy..

I totally agree with the above posters. The water package is one of the most overpriced items available. So outrageous! We just drank tap water, with the ice our steward brought twice a day, or the complimentary drinks in the Windjammer and Cafe Promenade (including lemonade, tea, and lightly flavored waters).

The bar menu from our June cruise is linked in my signature. The bar prices are actually on par with restaurants or bars in most cities, sometimes even better.

So don't be scared about the prices based on the water packages. Have a wonderful cruise!

Sue

Lots of people bring their own bottled water and soda. We are not big soda drinkers but every now and then my DH like a coke so we bought a 2 litre and left it in the fridge.

I drink the ship water and its fine. Do a search for a bar menu on the board and you can see what the drinks cost they are no more than your local restaurant.

You can bring your own wine you just need to pay a cork fee.

Its not that bad. Enjoy..

RCI does not allow you to bring any wine on board for consumption on board.

we buy the 8 bottle package- my husband is on chemo and dehydration is a big issue- by having bottles of water in our room we know how much he is drinking every day- i know it is pricy but in our case it is worth the cost

we buy the 8 bottle package- my husband is on chemo and dehydration is a big issue- by having bottles of water in our room we know how much he is drinking every day- i know it is pricy but in our case it is worth the cost

We have the same situation. We have bought the water package because it is worth it for us. The bottles are one liter (I think )so they are quite large.

That price does not include the tax and tip...it's really over thirty two dollars...

but I love water and always by it because you do save money over the single bottle price and I hate lugging it with my luggage.

rev

Like another poster said, you can NOT bring on wine and pay a corking fee on Royal, maybe on some other cl, I dont know.

Some people like their water, so the fee is negligible for them. It is a personal thing. We dont have to fly to the port we leave from so we tote a 24 pack of poland spring.

Also, if you drink 2-3 cans or glasses of soda a day then the Soda card is very well worth getting. Really, I mean, is it that unheard of to drink a few diet cokes a day (or other soda)? It might be very unhealthy, but more do than dont.

Enjoy your cruise,

I think the iced water that they keep in the big canisters in the Cafe Promenade is excellent. It also gives me a reason to take a walk to the Promenade when I want a drink. The only time I would spend money on bottled water is if I were going to be some place where drinking the water was a questionable health risk.

Like another poster said, you can NOT bring on wine and pay a corking fee on Royal, maybe on some other cl, I dont know.

Some people like their water, so the fee is negligible for them. It is a personal thing. We dont have to fly to the port we leave from so we tote a 24 pack of poland spring.

Also, if you drink 2-3 cans or glasses of soda a day then the Soda card is very well worth getting. Really, I mean, is it that unheard of to drink a few diet cokes a day (or other soda)? It might be very unhealthy, but more do than dont.

Enjoy your cruise,

We think the water on board is fine, but we always get the soda card because for us it's definitely worth it. As a non-coffee drinker, I drink at least 2-3 diet cokes a day, plus maybe a ginger ale or sprite. And the souvenir cup is big and makes it worth it.

These are all choices. You don't have to buy any of them, but it's nice to be able to do so if you want to.

Just started looking at what is available on my first cruise with Royal Caribbean. 8 Bottles of bottled water is listed at $28.45 with an additional 15% gratuity. $32 for an 8 pack of water in your room seems like a lot.

I don't really drink bottled water all that much and usually am happy enough with tap water, but now I am afraid to look at what the prices are for everything else.

What would be real funny.........if they bottled it onboard.:D:eek:

I guess a liter bottle makes it somewhat better, but especially with two people saying they buy it for medical reasons those prices are sad. And a mandatory $10.70 gratuity for a delivery of a case?

I am glad that iced tap water is fine with me :)

There is a slight mark-up on everything. ;)

I drink on avg 3 L a day @ home in Canada so buying it for the caribbean would end up costing me more than my cruise fare! In Dec I took an aluminum thermos type water bottle and it did keep the water icy cold but the metal burnt my fingertips off when picking it up out in the hot sun !! 2nd cruise I took my Costco Contigo water bottle and filled with ice/water and a shot or two of lemonade/iced tea for flavor - worked MUCH better and has the clip on it to hang onto my bag too

Archived