Concern about luggage delivery to room.

rogerwaters

I've only been on 2 cruises (NCL and RCCL). Both times, our luggage was left in the hallway by our door. We didn't have to go hunting for them up and down the hallways and we never had any problem with someone trying to take them. Of course, this was back in the 80's and in 2000. So, the economy wasn't as bad as it is now either. Hopefully there won't be any problems.

Remember on ships that have strict cabin access policies and only deliver to outside the door, your cabin steward may be taking the bags into the room for you.

I think on on ships that do in cabin delivery often the cabin stewards do the last leg of the delivery.

I'm sure no cruise line would leave luggage piled up on each deck and expect passengers to sort things out.

Just imagine the elderly passengers having to do that. I think it's obvious that they were piled up prior to staff distributing them to the various cabins (inside or by the door).

I have newer luggage with TSA locks built in. Is NCL saying that we can't even use TSA locks to lock up our bags?

You can lock your bag! If the xray shows something suspicious they will contact you to come and open it, if not it will get delivered to your room!

I never heard anything about not locking bags but I didn't read all the information mailed to me either. All my bags were locked and showed up sitting in front of my cabin without incident or complaint. I agree with iceman. If you feel more secure by locking them, do so and let NCL contact you if there is an issue. I recently read a thread about someone who had a bottle of rum (or the like) in their bag and NCL called them to security to open the bag and remove the bottle to be held until the last day of their trip.

By who?

I haven't had the chance to read the rest of the thread, so please excuse me if this question was asked already.

Ya know, I might be confusing this with airport security. I defer to the people here who have better memories than I do. :)

I used to live in South Florida. Since 911, security at the airports and cruiseports is over and beyond extremely tight. Your bags are unlocked, not because they are looking for booze, but it is the law in both broward and dade counties.

Your bags will be very safe. Just put a "homemade" name tag on them, along with your NCL tags. This way you can recognize your bags by your individual name tag.

Also, other people I know, have put individual zipper pulls to recognize their bags, and other people have painted their name in bright colors, on the outside of their bags.

I do the name tag....an extremely large one at that, and hook it to the zipper.

• 3 weeks later...
Exactly correct. My luggage (bright yellow samsonite, which I highly recommend. lol) was a couple of doors down. They line it up in the hallway but it would be impossible to put it exactly outside of your door. You sorta have to hunt for it a little bit. Well, we didn't because ours stood out like a flashing neon light, but my brother had to scan a length of hallway for his big black bag.

In just over 30 cruises, on six different mass market lines, DH and I have never had to scan the hallway for our luggage. Our luggage has always been delivered directly outside of our cabin door.

Archived