Seattle: hotel and ground transport

N Randolph

I'm sailing on August 6 on the Zaandam, flying into SEA late on Aug. 5. Can anyone recommend a hotel near the airport that has a shuttle to the HAL terminal?

Now that I think of it, what's the best way to get from the terminal to the airport upon our return.

My previous cruises have been with groups where this was all arranged, so I'm a bit late in making plans. All suggestions much appreciated. :o

There aren't any hotels near Pier 91.

You will either have to stay out by the airport or book hotel down town.

I wish you luck in finding a hotel this close to sailing date.

We have used AlreadyThereTownCar to get from the airport to the hotels down town and from the pier to the airport. They cost about $60 -- five dollars more than a taxi.

We just returned from our Alaska cruise on the Oosterdam.

On the outbound we stayed two nights at the 6th Ave. Inn. ($109 + tax each night) and used Shuttle Express to get the large group to the pier.

On the return we used Shuttle Express to get back to SeaTac. Actually, we didn't fly home until Monday morning so the Shuttle Express driver dropped us off at the Doubletree near SeaTac after he dropped everyone else off at the airport. It was kind of a zoo at the pier trying to get on the shuttle. The Shuttle Express staff didn't really seem to have their act together. Who had reservations... Who didn't... Who was going on what shuttle, etc... You kind of had to take matters into your own hands. We dragged our own bags out to the shuttle, which is at the very end of the long row of bus parking stalls. Unfortunately, I didn't see many alternatives. They're the biggest shuttle operator at the pier, and maybe even Seattle as a whole.

Hope that helps...

Scott

As for hotels we stayed at the Marriott Waterfront -- it is close to some of the better sites (Pikes market)..

The Marriott had a shuttle to Pier 91 ($7 per person). From ship to airport take a taxi, it is quicker and likely cheaper (on a per person basis). It cost $50.

Hotel was full on Friday and Saturday.

You won't be disappointed with the Sleep Inn - it was wonderful - clean, large rooms, breakfast each morning, computers for your use in the lobby and free shuttle to the airport (and Pier 91 if you get the stay/cruise package). We used it coming and going, and will use it again in the future on our fourth AK cruise! Yup, we're hooked;)!

Archived