What beach in St. Thomas

gilby

Thanks for the clarification. I was referring to Honeymoon Bay Beach on the island of St. John.

Been to both Coki and Meghans and both are beautiful. Coki is a bit further and has fewer people but just as beautiful.

DaDivaMom, I did not hear anything about environment concerns at Meghan's. We are going to St Thomas in 2 weeks and had plans to go there. Is there a website you saw this on? If they are still closed, I will have to make different plans.

Try here:

http://virginislandsdailynews.com/

Well, I would say Cokli but yes, I do believe it is closed though. Such a shame, it is beautiful:

ry%3D400

Who knows, it may be open when you get there, but since it's in a crime ridden area, I would choose another.

Well, I would say Cokli but yes, I do believe it is closed though. Such a shame, it is beautiful:

ry%3D400

Who knows, it may be open when you get there, but since it's in a crime ridden area, I would choose another.

I agree I wouldn't choose Coki when coming in on a ship. The main reason we used to go to Coki was when we stayed at a condo nearby it was just a short walk. Personally, if I had to take a taxi I would go to another beach. Coki was always super crowded when the ships were in port since so many excursions went there. There are so many beaches that are nicer and less crowded imo.

I agree Fran there are so many beautiful beaches on St. John. We prefer Cinnamon for day trips because of the ammenities and far fewer crowds.

Yep, Cinnamon is nice. I had always wanted to camp there one night in one of their screen rooms on the beach but we met some girls camping there and found out they only have cold showers so that ruled that out!!

One of our favorite things to do on St. John is beach hop. We take a cab all the way to Annaberg Sugar Plantation and then work our way back to Cruz Bay.

Emerald Beach...just got back from a cruise 2 weeks ago and we visited St. Thomas. I've been to Megan’s bay and yes, its gorgeous and you should go if it's your first time to St. Thomas....but Emerald Beach is amazing. No entrance free, they have lounge chairs available- no charge, hardly any crowds and there’s a really nice hotel near by where you can use their pool and restaurant and bar. I'll def be going back to Emerald Beach next year!

I attached some photos...

P7210206.jpg.cd7c95e59261320f5fdc3c9917b8af00.jpg

P7210203.jpg.5fde3d7de840ad390b8ba6b1216215b6.jpg

Magen's is wonderful as long as there aren't many ships in port. We went there in June when the Emerald was the only ship in port. It was wonderful. You're supposed to pay for chairs there but the guy was so busy flirting with the ladies he told us to go ahead and help ourselves.

We used Godfrer Tours BTW and he was great. All day island tour...shopping...and beach for $30.

Hello From a St. Thomas Native and Resident,

All of our beaches are beautiful!!

I have not heard that Magens Bay was being closed. I know for sure that Coki Point beach is closed for 10 days and should be open for your visit.

Lindquist Beach is also a great beach. It just started being open to tourist about a year now. It does require a fee, though.

Emerald is a great beach as well that requires no fees.

Enjoy your time here!!

The USVI is called St John not St Johns.

Have a great day

The USVI is actually 3 main islands. St. John, St. Thomas and St. Croix as well as some smaller islands. A lot of people will use the 's after St. John and refer to it as St. John's island. But no worries, if you use St. John or St. John's all the locals will know what you mean.

According to the article about having Maggens closed, it also said: On Friday, authorities also issued a more general warning against swimming at any Virgin Islands beach until murky runoff from last week's storms clear from around the islands -- a process that normally takes about three days.

So, it has definitely been 3 days. Are the beaches opened now? I plan on going to Sapphire in 36 days.

Due to heavy rains and run-off, Magens (no apostrophe) was closed to swimmers for a few days. It has been open now for a bit. And anywhere in the Caribbean where there is run-off, one should exercise caution after heavy rain. One problem with internet news is that you often get a one-sided story!:)

Archived