Celebrity equinox 5/2/11

howndder

Hi Jonathon,

The Ruby Princess was a nice ship, but I like the Equinox a whole lot better. This should also be a great cruise. Hope you can make it.

Greg

What is the mix of people on Equinox compared to Navigator and the other RCL big ships....??

I think the average age on my two Solstice and Equinox cruises was about five years older than that of the large RCI ships. We had party animals on all the ship, as well as those who turned in at 9 PM. I have done five TAs on RCI, but none so far on Celebrity. So, I am not sure what the average age will be on a Celebrity TA.

(and as you can see it's a while since I last did a TA!) :)

Hey .. I also did the Carmania when I was a kid... around 1971!!

It was a nice ship for its day.... but the lounge was called Nantucket as far as I recall, and as children we overheard

it being called something rude and found this very funny..

Hi all..

Today I booked the Equinox for the T/A ... so very much look forward to seeing you all..:)

I have Captains Club Elite having transferred my points over from RCCL but no idea if that gets me in BLUE >.(or even if I want BLUE at this stage...)

Anyone looking to share a table for Free time dining main restaurant... please let me know... I'll be on my best behaviour ...:o (probably)

Hi Jonalone, I read your note on the other thread and I wouldn't hold my breath too long about the upgrade. I or should I say we, as I am with 2 other friends are also in 2C on deck 6, I guess 6 because our cabin number starts with a six. Anyway, we'll be neighbors. I'm not expecting any upgrades now and we are also "elite" mostly on Celebrity. But a nice thought none-the-less. As far as dining, there usually is always a "FOD" table formed by those at the meetings. They're usually a lot of fun. I think you will have no trouble finding dining companions, if you want them.

I hope you're not part of all the snow events happening around the country. Here in Fla., we're expecting 40's tonight into tomorrow. Today, however is beautiful.

Howard

:rolleyes:

Hi Jonalone, I read your note on the other thread and I wouldn't hold my breath too long about the upgrade. I or should I say we, as I am with 2 other friends are also in 2C on deck 6, I guess 6 because our cabin number starts with a six. Anyway, we'll be neighbors. I'm not expecting any upgrades now and we are also "elite" mostly on Celebrity. But a nice thought none-the-less. As far as dining, there usually is always a "FOD" table formed by those at the meetings. They're usually a lot of fun. I think you will have no trouble finding dining companions, if you want them.

I hope you're not part of all the snow events happening around the country. Here in Fla., we're expecting 40's tonight into tomorrow. Today, however is beautiful.

Howard

We had snow a week before Christmas and that is quite rare in central London as I live near Tower Bridge. It is cold now, around 2degrees celsius 36f ...and likely to get colder too...

I hope I can upload a pic of our snowman that lasted thru the holidays...

Standing over 7ft tall.. it took 4 hours and even the back was shaped like a statue... More artistic than most..

SPA52550.jpg.d130b993177b06d44c83c35b9ad12471.jpg

Hi Jonalaone and all others that are coming in to Ft. lauderdale. Are any of you staying in town before the cruise? If so, do you need info on Ft. La.? Perhaps a pre-cruise dinner? I don't know just checking. Let me know.

Howard

Hey .. I also did the Carmania when I was a kid... around 1971!!

It was a nice ship for its day.... but the lounge was called Nantucket as far as I recall, and as children we overheard

it being called something rude and found this very funny..

Hello JonAlone - actually I'm delighted to see that someone else has actually heard of the ship! Yes, we came to Canada on that ship and I still have the colour slides and all the menus etc. from the voyage. When I think of the little porthole we had in the cabin, it sure gives some perspecitve on the huge patio windows and balconies of cruise ships today.

Are any of you staying in town before the cruise? If so, do you need info on Ft. La.? Perhaps a pre-cruise dinner?

We are staying at the Cabanas in Wilton Manors beforehand. A dinner or drinks get-together of the whole group somewhere would be a very pleasant idea.

Hello JonAlone - actually I'm delighted to see that someone else has actually heard of the ship! Yes, we came to Canada on that ship and I still have the colour slides and all the menus etc. from the voyage. When I think of the little porthole we had in the cabin, it sure gives some perspecitve on the huge patio windows and balconies of cruise ships today.

Wow . u were rich then .. we had an inside cabin.. my parents would have had a porthole..

I think we sailed from Southampton to Taragona, Naples and back in August 1970.

I remember it didn't handle the Bay of Biscay very well but I guess it was only about 16,000 tons. My older sister and cousin had been playing with soft fruit in the cabin and blocked the bathroom sink.. I had to pretend I had been seasick and lay on the top bunk moaning so the steward could be called to unblock it.... I remember he looked at me with a huge smile on his face and suggested if I didnt want to be ill on soft fruit, I really shouldnt eat the stones...

I am new to crusing, as we just did a New Years mini cruise on MSC lines as a test, to see what we thought of crusing and we liked it.

I am glad to see we won't be the only gents on this ship.

It looks like a great ship & itinerary. We opted for a veranda since we liked the fresh air we had when we took the Poesia to Nassau.

I don't have all the captains club days so I guess we won't be able to meet there but hopefully there will be a meet -n- greet on departure.

Cheers George...

Greetings all....

We are Matt and Juan, an Aussie/Mexican couple from Sydney, Australia - cant wait to get away from the 100o temperatures here in Sydney and join the cruise. Meanwhile cyclones are playing havoc up North here.

Look forward to meeting you guyz on board, hopefully we will have another Aussie couple joining us.

Cheers !!

Welcome to all of our new posters and will look forward to meeting all of you. For those of you that aren't aware of this, most times "FOD's" meet in the "Martini Bar" on board Celebrity ships, as opposed to the "Steam Room", which is the second place most people meet. I personally have never gone there bvt I hear 6PM is the time for that. That just makes cocktail hour more difficult, but then again I am almost 65, and I feel a drink is more important than a steam. What do I know.

I haven't sailed on Celebrity in a bit and don't understand about a special place for "elite" captains club members. Can someone explain this to me?

I love Sydney and almost all Austrailians. A b-u-t-ful city. I'm very sorry about all the hardships you folks have had. What with the floods and now the cyclone, hope all goes well.

If anyone is interested, we could all meet up on the 1st at say, "Georgies Alibi", which is "the" bar to go to in Wilton Manors. Say 6 for coctails and then maybe a dinner after???? What say yee??

Howard

I would like to have a guys only table of 8 or 12...

On last & only cruise we took, the tables were assigned by the ship.

I am a huge foodie & like wines with the courses BUT we had Muslims which was very odd as their religon forbids everything we were

(gay & wine drinkers).

How can we avoid such an obvious incompatability on this cruise?

Ideally we could get 4 or 5 couples and if each couple gets a bottle we can have great wine parings for the 4 or 5 courses, rather than just buy a bottle and have it work with one course or us having to but 5 bottles & have a glass out of each and save them till the next night & next.. which might not work out well as they won't stay fresh that long

me-n-jon.jpg.f4a06f9a0e39986c0863bb5f0b5a067b.jpg

I would like to have a guys only table of 8 or 12...

On last & only cruise we took, the tables were assigned by the ship.

If you can find people before the cruise that want to form a table and they are at the same seating as you in the main dining room you can go link there reservations numbers for dining on the website.

Or you can call Celebrity and they can link the reservations for you. You need the reservation number and usually the last name of someone on the reservation.

If that is not possible. Visit the maitre'd before we set sail (usually has a table outside the dining room) and he can move tables around and set you up.

Short of that you can wait until the cruise and ask for a re-assignment. Their job is to please you. If you do not like the dinner companions - move.

If your an Elite member you know there is complimentary liquor at the daily meet and great in the evening and there is lots of freebie drinks at the CC parties. You also know that everyone can bring two bottles of wine per stateroom upon boarding.

However, so many days at sea, late nights in Quasar, the Martini bar, water for onshore, specialty coffee with that morning croissant etc. can add up quickly.

Celebrity offers several drink packages which must be booked before the cruise on the website.

BASIC BOOZE PACKAGE MUST BE BOOKED BEFORE THE CRUISE

$635 CAD$ COVERS THE 14 DAY CRUISE

All Beers up to $5 per serving and spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving.

Just an FYI. You do the math and determine what works for you.

There are other packages as well.

INCLUDES

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Aqualina, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jameson, Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's Courvoisier VS, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Hennessy VS, Beefeaters, Tanqueray, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Three Olives, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Jose Cuervo, Disaronno Amaretto, Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, Drambuie, Sambuca, Kahlua, Bolini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jean Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Rutherford Ranch, Kendall Jackson, Marques de la Concordia.

If you can find people before the cruise that want to form a table and they are at the same seating as you in the main dining room you can go link there reservations numbers for dining on the website.

Or you can call Celebrity and they can link the reservations for you. You need the reservation number and usually the last name of someone on the reservation.

If that is not possible. Visit the maitre'd before we set sail (usually has a table outside the dining room) and he can move tables around and set you up.

Short of that you can wait until the cruise and ask for a re-assignment. Their job is to please you. If you do not like the dinner companions - move.

I thought that was what this forum was for, to sort out things before the ship departs. Since this is the FOD for the Equinox May 2 TA Sailing...

I suppose when we all try to meet up on the ship we could put a big table together. I was trying to see if there was interest here 1st

But its all good meet here or there.. What is typical do all the FOD's sit together in the MDR or are we sort of just randomly assinged with the heteros?

Dave and I are traveling with my family and the nieces/nephews total of 8 so we will be sharing our own table at late seating.

I agree here is a good place to meet to form an FOD table, we just are already spoken for.

Welcome Back kwokpot. (Anthony/Robert)

I noticed a posting by you on the general board yesterday and notice you had not been here since September/2010.:eek:

From your limited life story posted, we have much in common. Looking forward meeting you both on this TA. We are also traveling with family this time.

Our last TA on Solstice was great - mainly because of the new friends and the many laughs we all shared.

We have a flight from Rome on the 16th but we are heading to Amsterdam. Our flight is not until 4PM so we hope to get some of the Rome sites in.

Ciao for now.

Solo traveler from Fort Lauderdale just booked this cruise today. They had a great promotion on Aqua Class (cheaper than the least expensive veranda cabin and only 100 more than oceanview) and when I include the AMEX onboard credit, it made the decision to take this trip a lot easier.

Glad to see that the FOD contingent is off to a great start! Include me in the pre-cruise drinks and dinner in Wilton Manor.

I'm signed-up for late seating dinner at a table for 8. Would enjoy having that table of 8 being family members. I wasn't clear from the prior posts if this was going to be arranged prior to the cruise or wait till we get on board.

Looking forward to a great cruise.

Bob

I would welcome you to join the table we are trying to gather.

I booked with travelocity & AMEX to get the 100$ onboard ship credit.

I called X directly and asked if they would match deal hey said no so I used the travel gnome.

I got the veranda for 1199pp was the aqua class w balcony less than that?

Welcome aboard Panzano, yes please advise what you were able to get "Aqua" class. Cruisinggourmet, what did you wind up paying for a single on that rate?

On another note, I'm happy that there's at least one person that wants to meet pre-cruise dinner. Anyone else?????

Howard

Archived