Celebrity equinox 5/2/11

howndder

Welcome aboard Panzano, yes please advise what you were able to get "Aqua" class. Cruisinggourmet, what did you wind up paying for a single on that rate?

On another note, I'm happy that there's at least one person that wants to meet pre-cruise dinner. Anyone else?????

Howard

I'm local to S. Fla so we'd be up for pre meet in Wilton Manors.

I didn't book a single but paid 2400 for both of us. That was a 1C veranda Vista deck as they call it. AMEX & Travelocity kicked in $100 Onboard credit

Thanks for the welcome Howard.

The rate I got for a single Aqua Class cabin was $2,205 (not including port tax of $229). I also got a $100 onboard credit by charging the cruise on my AMEX.

That was the price listed on Celebrity's website yesterday and I was surprised that it was less than a lot of other staterooms. Not sure why.

I'm getting excited. I booked my flight today and the hotel in Rome. I'll be staying in Rome until the 21st.

Bob

Hi, I am travelling solo ... flying from London UK to Miami with a night in Fort Lauderdale...

Paying £1650 for single cabin with balcony... and have $100 on board spend too. This includes my flights and later return home to London also giving me a day in Rome (Flying 6pm)

If you pre-pay gratuities, you can book Free-Time dining... which means you can make up a table any time you like... If you dont like the service you can still insist on refund of the service charges pre-paid.

Someone mentioned earlier, that meeting pre-dinner in the Martini Bar is a good way to make up a table of friends... But if no-one objects to a single Brit at their table, I would certainly be happy to make up a table.

I drink alcohol (love decent character wines, JD, Mojitos etc) and I eat most things (except Coleslaw ....)

Jonathan

Too bad you guys didn't xchange messages here sooner you could have split the cabin, saved a ton.

Anyhow, sure I like Brits and expecially people who buy a bottle of wine.

Just kidding I will buy wine too.. we'll share and make parings.

For what it is worth.. this is my group http://www.chaineus.org/

If you are a member past or present by all means message me.

Jon & I will see you all soon

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys have to pay 60 days in advance like we do in the UK ?

I know if I dont pay the balance by tuesday I lose me deposit,, tho the travel agent originally asked for 90days!!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone, but must admit I thought this thread would be more active....

will check out the main forum and perhaps more fod's on there...

Do you guys have to pay 60 days in advance like we do in the UK ?

I know if I dont pay the balance by tuesday I lose me deposit,, tho the travel agent originally asked for 90days!!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone, but must admit I thought this thread would be more active....

will check out the main forum and perhaps more fod's on there...

Hello JonAlone - Here in Canada (Vancouver) we have to pay by 70 days beforehand. Our cutoff was the 21st February, so we're now confirmed. We are doing the TA and then a back-to-back on the Eastern Med cruise which follows - even got the same cabin for both.

As we get closer to sailing date we'll all have to see about getting together before sailing as Howndder as suggested. How early do you arrive in Fort Lauderdale?

Regards ............ Adrian & Ed

I dont think I arrive til around 10pm to Miami then transfer to Marriott Ft Lauderdale North,,, I chose a Gatwick rather than Heathrow flight as it is so much easier to get a later return flight and have the day in Rome post cruise. Unfortunately this gives me 5hours in Charlotte drinking watery coffee on the way to USA.:rolleyes:

I dont think I arrive til around 10pm to Miami then transfer to Marriott Ft Lauderdale North,,, I chose a Gatwick rather than Heathrow flight as it is so much easier to get a later return flight and have the day in Rome post cruise. Unfortunately this gives me 5hours in Charlotte drinking watery coffee on the way to USA.:rolleyes:

Oh you lucky thing - watery coffee in Charlotte - just a dream to imagine. ;) ... and why Charlotte one is tempted to ask, but I digress! So will you have a day or so in Ft Lau before embarking?

Hi all, here in the states, we pay at least 90 days out final payment. Welcome aboard "Flying-Dragon", looking forward to this trip. Jonalone, I have tried several times with my agency and they insist there are no upgrades avail and I have the same cabin category as you. As a matter of fact, we're on the same deck. I'm in 6208. I guess it depends on the agency your using, except that one of the couples on the other thread are using thew same agent as myself and no go for me, I guess because I am a single. Who knows??? I hope we might be able to get that dinner together, pre-cruise.

Howard

I just checked the celebrity website and this cruise price has dropped by 200per person on a Veranda stateroom

I booked with Travelocty and they have a low price guarantee

so I filed a claim for $400 refund.

Fingers crossed

All the prices are currently on sale. Insides have dropped to about $46/Day $649 CAD$

Aqua-Class 1389 CAD$

We booked through Celebrity so we can not get any refund or can not upgrade, unless they RAISE the prices. (See Rule #3)

1. Captains Club Upgrades Only Apply To Inside Cabins and Ocean View.

2. If the Price on your room drops, you are not entitled to any compensation.

3. If you want to upgrade, the listed price of the new room must be greater than you paid.

4. Reduced deposits offered at sea, are really not reduced deposits, just a financing trick.

I guess I will watch those suites for a price drop.

Spread the word to the FOD family. If you know anyone that ever considered a cruise. these prices should be enough to give it a try.

Even if you can not get Celebrity to price match - DO THE MATH.

The cancellation policy until March 7th is you lose your deposit.

The price cuts on some of these cabins is so big, that even with losing our deposit, to cancel and rebook the our same cabin we saved over $725 on the cabin.

Even to cancel from Veranda and re-book Concierge Class we can save a couple hundred.

Someone in Marketing needs a new calculator....

Cha-Ching! See you in the Martini Bar :)

Quite an amazing price drop. I will never book outside of final payment date ever again. 1st, I don't care where my cabin is located and I can wait, I'm retired. Not so easy for working people. It truly annoys me when the cruise lines, and not just Celebrity, do these things, making everyone feel used. Not nice. Very shabby.

However, that will not deter me from having a nice time. I also want to add my friend Dereks' name to the list he is part of our threesome, along with his mother. Her name is Ilse, if you care, but I assure you, she is not gay, so shouldn't be put on list.

Not too long now.

Howard

I looked just now and there were three verandahs showing: 2145, 2142 and 1664. They were showing a drop in the total stateroom price from $3378 CDN to $2398 CDN. It's quite a drop until one looks at the deck plans. The first two are on deck 12 but right at the back port and starboard. The third one is on deck 11 also last one on the starboard.

We booked last July and by doing so we got our choice of staterooms, complete with a hump balcony, and even got the same one for both back to back cruises, so I guess it's about "location, location, location". Clearly if one doesn't mind the location of the cabin, one can get good deals in the final few weeks of a cruise that isn't sold out. For our preferences, I'm just glad we did ours early.

I think with the single person suppliments Celebrity wont offer upgrades as the single fares have actually risen. I also think that flights have gone up so much now, that rebooking your cruise if you included flights etc would now work out a great deal more... certainly that is the case now from the UK.. and of course, in the UK we are protected from any fuel increases etc once paid..

I recently looked at London - Miami flights and the cheapest I found the day before the cruise was $6000 with a return from Rome.

I paid in total £1735 (aprox $2500) including flights, gratuities, Select dining, one night at Marriott, transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to ship. Then ship to airport that I may decide not to take if I can find a Rome tour to do as my flight is at 6pm. The rate Celebrity charge now for the same holiday is now £2200 ($3300). I did use a £200 ($300) cruise voucher from last years (poor) trip on Adventure of the Seas,,, and there is a $200 on-board spend credit. So I dont think I did that badly... but if an upgrade is offered I wont refuse it as long as it is on the same side of the ship.

I doubt I will have time to meet others pre-cruise, as I arrive in Miami at around 10pm the night before the cruise.

Charlotte was the only option if I wanted the later flight back to London and to use Gatwick rather than Heathrow. I will bring some nescafe (UK) sachets with me....

Third day of Atkins diet here... so hope to be more appealing in my budgie smugglers....

Yes JonAlone. I think your pricing is pretty good.

We are traveling from Toronto and are very close to your cost, and that's based on two per room. But we have not paid gratuities, have no hotel, and no transfers. Me thinks you did well.:)

We do have a $300 room credit as we booked when on another cruise. Our AirTransat was extremely cheap at about $400 from Rome to Toronto, this really helped our budget.

Actually, it helped so much we decided to fly from Rome to Amsterdam for 4 days and then AirTransat to Toronto, as it was the same price and only $120 to fly Rome to Amsterdam on EasyJet.

Good Luck on Atkins. Dave and I have been Paleo/Primal dieters/eaters for several months now and would never go back to the grains, legumes, sugar and processed food lifestyle again. You should give it a peek.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

We are on the Equinox next week for 10 days. If you need me to check something out for you, just ask.

I need to check out the cable requirements on the back of the flatscreen TV, so I can bring some tunes and movies for those 6 days at sea in May.

As for another posting I saw of your on the FOD-NOT board. We are both Elite CC members. We go to every CC party, generally drink in the CC lounge for happy hour. Always bring on our room limit of 2 bottle of Wine/Champagne.

P.S. Be sure you have signed up the the Cruise Critic gathering. (That goes for everyone else reading this as well) On our last two cruise Celebrity has made the Cruise critic party, complimentary alcohol, fingerfood and send 3 officers) They are finally taking us seriously.

Yes JonAlone. I think your pricing is pretty good.

We are traveling from Toronto and are very close to your cost, and that's based on two per room. But we have not paid gratuities, have no hotel, and no transfers. Me thinks you did well.:)

We do have a $300 room credit as we booked when on another cruise. Our AirTransat was extremely cheap at about $400 from Rome to Toronto, this really helped our budget.

Actually, it helped so much we decided to fly from Rome to Amsterdam for 4 days and then AirTransat to Toronto, as it was the same price and only $120 to fly Rome to Amsterdam on EasyJet.

Good Luck on Atkins. Dave and I have been Paleo/Primal dieters/eaters for several months now and would never go back to the grains, legumes, sugar and processed food lifestyle again. You should give it a peek.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

We are on the Equinox next week for 10 days. If you need me to check something out for you, just ask.

I need to check out the cable requirements on the back of the flatscreen TV, so I can bring some tunes and movies for those 6 days at sea in May.

As for another posting I saw of your on the FOD-NOT board. We are both Elite CC members. We go to every CC party, generally drink in the CC lounge for happy hour. Always bring on our room limit of 2 bottle of Wine/Champagne.

P.S. Be sure you have signed up the the Cruise Critic gathering. (That goes for everyone else reading this as well) On our last two cruise Celebrity has made the Cruise critic party, complimentary alcohol, fingerfood and send 3 officers) They are finally taking us seriously.

I have heard of the paleo diet, but I think only Atkins seems to work for me.. I add a little more salad than is recommended, and cook with lemon zest on things so I dont miss citrus fruits quite so much... I haven't reid adding nuts ... I wonder if that would stop the weight loss... As usual the first few days are very productive... 6lbs!! but I know it slows down after a week or two...

I usually try to bring some JD on to the ship.. so I can have a quick shot before going down to dinner the first few nights when dining can be stressfull .. especially if I havent found "friends" to join... It can also be difficult to recognise people from the forum if profiles dont include pics... There is a photo website called *************.... worth a search there too to see who is on board...

I will check now to see if I have joined the CruiseCritic party ... I think I already have... but certainly happy hours and free parties are always welcome.. :p

Last year on Adventure of the Seas, we actually got Royal Caribbean not only to put a FOD party in the sky bar, but also in Compass News and they gave free cocktail on arrival! I think there must have been 30 Diamond+Dots on board, and they did put some pressure on the Cruise Director to sort it...

Thanks fo rthe heads-up anyway, and good luck with your Equinox cruise next week...

Email is jaygee 1243 @ hotmail. com

Jonathan

Archived