Celebrity equinox 5/2/11

howndder

Two more guys to add to the list.

We're John and Mike from Sydney.

We're friends of Matt and Juan who are also on the cruise.

We've done 2 cruises prior to this one and we've been spared some of the less than ideal situations I've been reading about but gees it made me laugh as I was reading through the posts.

Thanks for that.

See you soon,

Cheers

John

Two more guys to add to the list.

We're John and Mike from Sydney.

John

Welcome Gentlemen. Adrian has been running the FOD sheet at post #90.

I guess there are now two new groups to add. DINGOBOY and OZFLYER.

I guess being from down under your tans will already be well established... Here in Canada we are finally moving into 9,10,11 degree C weather. The med. is already hitting 18,19,20 YEAH!

Don't forget to bring your two bottles of wine, you can pick something up in FLL. Consider the drink package if you enjoy a beverage or two, pack your dancing shoes. See you both soon.

Anyone else not on the list be, sure to let Flying-Dragon know.

Dear GEORGE ,

this is to confirm to you that the Journey Purchase was successful.:

Pit code:

Trains begin at about 5AM and yes are 4-5 Euro. There are four before 6:30AM and then one every 30 minutes after that. There is good storage for bags at ROMA TERMINUS where your train ends. The storage is 4 Euro for 5 hours.

From ROMA Terminus you can use the subway easily to get the Vatican area and then easily walk your way back toward the terminus covering great sites and food and shopping.

My group (8) was considering a hotel, at Terminus for the bags and to freshen up after Rome before our flights. We have several quotes at 70-80 Euro. but likely will just use the lockers. The train from Terminus to the airport is also very easy. Takes 1 hour and is 15 Euro each.

Trains begin at about 5AM and yes are 4-5 Euro. There are four before 6:30AM and then one every 30 minutes after that. There is good storage for bags at ROMA TERMINUS where your train ends. The storage is 4 Euro for 5 hours.

From ROMA Terminus you can use the subway easily to get the Vatican area and then easily walk your way back toward the terminus covering great sites and food and shopping.

My group (8) was considering a hotel, at Terminus for the bags and to freshen up after Rome before our flights. We have several quotes at 70-80 Euro. but likely will just use the lockers. The train from Terminus to the airport is also very easy. Takes 1 hour and is 15 Euro each.

Well Rome wasn't built in a day & I figured I'd need three to explore it, so we booked an apartment a few blocks from the Coliseum till Thursday.

I also wanted to see Pompei, so Rome is a good "base" of operations.

I currently have space for 2 more people for a private tour during the Toulon port stop. The tour is from 8-4 and will stop at Aix en Provence and Cassis.

The cost will be 70 euros/couple.

Myself and my partner would like to join your tour to Aix En Provence and Cassis. Are the 2 spaces still open? (We are in our 50s but in good shape. We won't slow you down!) :)

Hi Guys, I just wanted to give you all a heads up. This is for those folks that are planning on staying in Ft. Lauderdale prior to the cruise. We have lost our little commuter electric cabs. It was called "The Hopper", and it went to all the bars for no charge, but did accept tips. There is a rumour that someone is in the works to buy it, but I don't know if that will be done in time.

Howard

Fantastic news guys. "The Hopper", is back in business. It has been taken over by a conglomerate of local businesses that wanted to keep such a service operable. They will be driving throughout 'Wilton Manors" and can be called at (954-960-7999). The service is still free with tips accepted. Parking in Wilton Manors, (ground zero for gay life in the area), is very bad. There are meters on the streets but they only take quarters for 12 minutes a pop. Parking at "Georgies" is still free, but trying to find a spot after 6PM is nearly impossible and that makes this service so valuable.

Howard

Hi all, some gay friends of ours recently went on the Celebrity Eclipse in the Caribbean. They met up with a great group of lesbians, 9 or 10 in all at the FOD social. All with varied backgrounds, one was a pilot flying the Boeing 777 for American Airlines, her partner a stewardess….. anyway, I haven’t seen any women posting on this thread yet. I’m looking forward to meeting you all, but hope as well that the women will be around too. (by the way, I’m already on the list with etobicokemark).

If anyone else wants to upload a photo so we know what you guys look like, there is a website called *************.com

It lists the sailing and uploading is simple to do..

here is the link http://goo.gl/iy69N

With so many travelling with friends and family, it will make it easier for the rest of us to recognise you.

On another note:

Celebrity (Shoreexcursions) service division told me to email another tours department (Groupshoreexcursions) to see if it could be arranged for me to be dropped at the airport after the Vatican tour... they offered me a cab service for the day for a mere $1500 !! I told them it would be cheaper to fly to Rome from London for 3 days, including hotels, flights and tours !!

I do hope Celebrity isnt just another Royal Caribbean bus with just a different colour funnel!! I can still not understand how a cruise can end in Rome and not offer a Vatican tour to people flying home same day!!!!

I have asked which of their hotel drop-offs after their Vatican tour is nearest the airport, as I guess I can get a cab from there... It would save the time waiting in line if done with a proper tour...

However, if anyone is planning a trip to Vatican on 16th, please let me know .. I dont have to be at airport til 4.30pm flying at 6.20pm.

-------------------

Get your pics out for the boys!! :eek: ( I said pics !!.........)

Myself and my partner would like to join your tour to Aix En Provence and Cassis. Are the 2 spaces still open? (We are in our 50s but in good shape. We won't slow you down!) :)

My apologies, but the remaining tours spots have been taken, sorry.

I have asked which of their hotel drop-offs after their Vatican tour is nearest the airport, as I guess I can get a cab from there... It would save the time waiting in line if done with a proper tour...

However, if anyone is planning a trip to Vatican on 16th, please let me know .. I dont have to be at airport til 4.30pm flying at 6.20pm.

quote]

Yes, the only tour which has an airport drop-off is CV-92 and it does only St-Peter's and the Colosseum.

If anyone else wants to upload a photo so we know what you guys look like, there is a website called *************.com

It lists the sailing and uploading is simple to do..

here is the link http://goo.gl/iy69N

With so many travelling with friends and family, it will make it easier for the rest of us to recognise you.

Great idea - we've just finished doing that. I've included a photo of each of the three who have already posted there in the PDF file I have been posting, so if everyone else cares to do that, we can have a complete FOD listing with photos to help us recognize each other on board.

Thanks for suggesting that.

I checked all the posts, collected the icon photos as well, and I now have 12 of the 33 (I forgot that of one group of 8, only 2 were FOD - sorry) in photos. If others post photos, we'll have a good set of mug shots for the next PDF.

I have uploaded a photo... and brief bio

Hello again everyone - here is the current FOD list. Collin14, if you can fill in the blanks with your first names and where you're from, I'll add that in and repost.

My word, we're up to 39 of us on board now!

Anyone cute and single??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do I pack my chaps and harness???;)

Howard,

Would love to join your group on May 1 at Wilton Manors for pre-cruise cocktails and dinner. I'm taking Princess Panama Canal cruise from Los Angeles on April 14, 3 days in Ft. Lauderdale, then board the Equinox and off to Rome. Also, would like to join a table of 8 at late seating if you have space.

Rex

Howard,

Would love to join your group on May 1 at Wilton Manors for pre-cruise cocktails and dinner. I'm taking Princess Panama Canal cruise from Los Angeles on April 14, 3 days in Ft. Lauderdale, then board the Equinox and off to Rome. Also, would like to join a table of 8 at late seating if you have space.

Rex

I have FreeTime dining, but would also be good to make up a table for late seating...

Anyone cute and single??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do I pack my chaps and harness???;)

Of course we are cute. Arnt we all. However am not single. Pack the chaps and harness anyway.:)

Very excited. U? Boccee, wine, sun, new friends and the Equiniox.

Of course we are cute. Arnt we all. However am not single. Pack the chaps and harness anyway.:)

Very excited. U? Boccee, wine, sun, new friends and the Equiniox.

Last year a german guy brought his chaps on Adventure of the Seas, but only dared wear them in The Chamber nightclub and even then on top of his jeans....

They are very heavy too.. may have to make some compromises here and just bring some jocks and leather shorts .. or wear the harness to travel... (that would be fun going through security!!).. I already have enough to set off the bleepers...

Hi Rex, "MY Group", now, with the addition of yourself is 2. You are the only person that has signed on to this idea. But, I have faith that more will join us. My thinking is that we all meet at "Georgies Alibi" at around 6pm for cocktails and then dinner in a local place. We have many very nice restaurants to choose from now. We will need a " recognition article" of clothing or a hat or head-dress, or perhaps, beads.

Jonalone, am very interested in your very interesting statements, regarding certain articles of clothing that you own. My brain is just swirling with ideas over your statement about setting off the alarms now. Yes, def bring harness and some light leather gear, we'll find a way to make you happy.;)

Howard

Howard,

Looking forward to meeting you and possibly others at "Georgie's Alibi" in Wilton Manors area. Doesn't look too far from my hotel Palm Plaza Resort. I'll wear some of my old Navajo silver turquoise jewelry. Easy to spot. Look for silver hair to go with it.

Is your table full for dinner? I'm late seating.

By the way, nom de plume Alan Ladd is easy to remember. My father was the actor's dentist. Rex

Archived