Celebrity equinox 5/2/11

howndder

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone is planning anything for the Sunday night prior to sailing? We're booked into the undoubtedly delightful Hilton Garden Inn in Dania Beach and without a car, but if anyone else is stranded out in suburbia nearby we would certainly enjoy company for dinner.

Donald

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone is planning anything for the Sunday night prior to sailing? We're booked into the undoubtedly delightful Hilton Garden Inn in Dania Beach and without a car, but if anyone else is stranded out in suburbia nearby we would certainly enjoy company for dinner.

Donald

Ed and I will be at the Cabanas in Wilton Manors for a few days beforehand, and so if you'd like to get together for dinner or drinks, we'd be delighted. A pre-cruise social evening would be a good start to our voyage.

Hello everyone, Howard here is sunny and quite warm Ft. Lauderdale. If you check back a few posts, some of us are meeting at "Georgies Alibi" in Wilton Manors on Sunday evening at 6PM. We were planning cocktails and dinner for anyone that wanted to come. I certainly hope that there will be a few more now that I see there are others that are going to be here pre-cruise.

Rex, I am now bald headed, with a gray goatee and I wear copper colored glasses. If you can't recognise me, I will certainly remember the turquoise jewelry. But, at around 6pm on a Monday, it should be too hard to find each other.

Flying-dragon, there is now a "Hopper" service that will pick you up at your hotel on 26th street and take youu anywhere oon the "Drive".

t-write, Dania Beach is a little too far for me to pick you up, but hopefully someone from nearby will be coming to pre-cruise dinner. Otherwise, I will look forward to meeting you on board.

t-write, Dania Beach is a little too far for me to pick you up, but hopefully someone from nearby will be coming to pre-cruise dinner. Otherwise, I will look forward to meeting you on board.

I can pick up you two (Terric & Donald ) as your hotel is by the entrance to I-95 North and I will be passing by Sunday to meet-n-greet at Georgie's Alibi

The Alibi is perfect place to meet Sunday as it is in heart of the gay area of Wilton Mannors. If you two want a ride post here and Jon & I will scoop you two up at 5:45 on way to Georgie's

There is now a photo of Mike and me on to the ************* website.

I cannot jump on that plane ex-SYD soon enough.

See you all soon

John

Thanks John - though the ship image looked nice beside your names, your photo looks better! :). Attached is the revision of the FOD list.

Cheers ............. Adrian

FOD List - Equinox Transatlantic.pdf

Thanks so much, Cruisingourmet, that would be, well, fabulous!

We'll be at the front entrance to the hotel at 5:45 looking pretty much as we do in our photo. If you would kindly let us know what type of vehicle to look for, we'll ensure we don't wander off with the local Klan chapter in their mini-bus.

Cheers,

Donald

Cruisinggourmet, you're absolutely wonderful for picking up our stranded family members. I also wish to apologise about not having a photo, but hopefully, that will be changed this cruise, when I have a lesson about uploading and downloading and all the other things that everyone else takes for granted. I am woefully antiqauted.

Thanks so much, Cruisingourmet, that would be, well, fabulous!

We'll be at the front entrance to the hotel at 5:45 looking pretty much as we do in our photo. If you would kindly let us know what type of vehicle to look for, we'll ensure we don't wander off with the local Klan chapter in their mini-bus.

Cheers,

Donald

You won't find any Klan down here :p

Look for a big black Mercedes Benz S class sedan around 5:45.. It is about a 15 min drive to the Alibi.

I was thinking since most everyone will be here Sunday for the Monday sailing, why waste a good Sunday?

S. Florida has nice beaches and there are even gay beaches. Wouldn't it be fun to have a big 'ole beach party since the water is warm and the weather is perfect? Perhaps BBQ & some cold ones on the beautiful beach

Just throwing the idea out there....

http://www.floridastateparks.org/lloydbeach/default.cfm

I was thinking since most everyone will be here Sunday for the Monday sailing, why waste a good Sunday?

S. Florida has nice beaches and there are even gay beaches. Wouldn't it be fun to have a big 'ole beach party since the water is warm and the weather is perfect? Perhaps BBQ & some cold ones on the beautiful beach

Just throwing the idea out there....

http://www.floridastateparks.org/lloydbeach/default.cfm

Nice idea. Name the beach and the time and we'll try to get there. We went to one due east of Wilton Manors and there were signs warning us of stingrays and other unsavoury things, so we gathered that was not the beach to be at. I believe the better ones are further down the coast toward the harbour.

Nice Picture. Where is that? Is that Sydney it looks huge! Lookikng forward to meeting you all in 1 week :eek:

Thanks David,

The photo was taken at a roof top bar in Bangkok last year.

I have plenty of photos of Mike, undoubtedly even more of our rottweiler, Zac, a few of myself but sadly not that many of Mike and me together.

I found that photo when I was looking for a profile picture for here.

I love taking photos but I hate being in front of the camera.

See you in a few days,

John

I was on the Equinox last simmer in the Med and was awed by the ship. Love the Solstice-class ships! Can't wait to be back next week.

Our group is up to five. Two are virgins to transatlantics. I can't think of any better way to get to Europe.

Greg

Our group is up to five. Two are virgins to transatlantics. I can't think of any better way to get to Europe.

Greg

We're also Transatlantic Virgins as well. We've sailed plenty, just never across the pond. I've a feeling we will become one with the Martini Bar. LOL

thanks for the description. Looking forward to meeting you and other travellers on this pre-cruise event. Falling in love martinis on this Panama Cruise I'm on. Should be well prepared for the Equinox crossing. Rex

Thanks David,

The photo was taken at a roof top bar in Bangkok last year.

John

I Have a similar one from Bangkok but it looks like it was a bit higher..

I have attached it.

I notice a couple new FOD members which are not yet on Flying-Dragon's list at post 182. Looks like just FOD cruise critic we have 40+

Multiple by 5 for non-CC members and we may need to request Quasar to be renamed - WOODY'S :rolleyes:

Wow 5 days..... Should any of you not be back on CC before next Monday, enjoy your FLL time - ENVY ! See you all Monday. Has it been decided if we are meeting amongst the regular CC crowd at the back bar/lawn club or ??? for sailaway.

P.S. I usually stick my walking man avatar on my hat or something for the first few days. If you spot him, you've spotted me, be sure to say hi.

P.S.S. Don't forget your bottles of wine/champagne and if you have not already done so, check out the booze package. It really is a good value :p

733546698005.jpg.a16baf149b07a6a40a17f8ef8ccbc84a.jpg

Sorry not been on here the last week. we have had the most amazing hot weather here in London UK.. 26 celsius up to 80degrees F... amazing, but now cooled down a bit so had to come inside and turn on the laptop.

WoW !! There certainly seems to be a good crowd of us now... If anyone is on Select Dining (Free time) and wants to make up a table please let me know... Travelling solo is always a nightmare on the first day or two.

My diet has gone reasonably well... still a chub, but knocked of 28lbs so far since March 1st.. Seriously can't wait to have my first Carbohydrate when I get on board :p

Flying late on Sunday night so wont be up for meeting you guys before we are on the ship.. but Bon Voyage to all travelling in the meantime!

I hope you have the most amazing weather and a fun crowd on your cruise!!:rolleyes:

I may have mentioned that one of my businesses in London does T-shirt print, and in two days we have a Royal Wedding, when Prince Willy marries Kate Middleton. Attached here is my best selling T-shirt design... (of course buyers have their own pic superimposed on either figure) and the caption above reads "It Should Have Been Me!!"

Looking forward to meeting you all... please grab me if I look vague, it takes me a while to recognise people and remember names :eek:

Bon Voyage .. Jonathan

1049198205_ShouldHaveBeenSample.jpg.1ed2808b655b6558c8ad44b7ee1cdd9e.jpg

Just an FYI - Matt and I are driving down from Central Florida on Sunday afternoon.

If anyone needs a ride, please feel free to let us know! I can be e-mailed at bill @ thefloridaexpressbus.com

I won't be checking this forum once we leave home (Ahhh, no computer!)

Also, if anyone needs a ride to Port Everglades - we've got extra room! :D

David (or Dave :-)) are you flying to Miami on Monday from Pearson?

No we are flying into FLL.

Mon, May 02 Flights: AIR CANADA, AC 0900

Departure Terminal: TERMINAL 1

To: FT LAUDERDALE, FL (FLL) Arrives: 11:13am

Arrival Terminal: TERMINAL 2

Should be into the drink program by 1PM

Archived