D/D+ December Event AGAIN!!!!

It even gives you the option to have the conversation sent to you in an email.

Yes, I love the online chat just for that reason. Then I have it in writing and in case of any issues I hope they will stick by what I was told. Glad they agreed you would get the 4 credits.

I also received an invitation yesterday by snail mail and noticed that there was no mention of an extra cruise credit.

The OP mentioned getting an email which mentioned the extra credit. Obviously, there's a discrepancy here. I guess I'll just wait until I get on my cruise to find out.

Two e-mails to C&A in the last three days re. the extra cruise credits in December and still no reply. I think they are still waiting for clarification from some higher muckidy muck in the organization. I called D+ desk last weekend and was told they had not been given any info about the program and that I should call back in a week or so. I think the flyer to the TAs was a mistake in the way it was worded and now they don't know how to get out of it. Just another guess on my part.

That would be my guess as well. We received the invitation yesterday and no mention of extra credits anywhere. I think if they were going to give extra credits it would be prominently displayed in the invitation. Just my thoughts though, and I hope I'm wrong.
And no mention on the RCI web site!

Here is part of the conversation:

Is there anything else I can do for you?

Shane: [13:18] Actually yes if you have time... I know that there is a Diamond Event in December and if you cruise in Dec you can earn an additional cruise credit according to travel agent flyer... Do I qualify for this since I'll be cruising in December, although I depart late November? Thanks

Deleated Name: [13:18] Let me check, I believe so.

[13:19] Yes, your sailing, the Explorer of the Seas, November 28, 2010, is the first sailing for the Explorer for the Diamonds in December promotion.

Shane: [13:20] And so even though I'm already booked, I'll still get an extra credit? so 4 total I guess? 2 for 12 nights, 1 for a suite and 1 for the Diamond event?

Deleated name: [13:21] That's correct, you should receive four credits total. There is no booking window to go by, you just have to sail in December.

Shane: [13:22] Great, Thanks

Deleated name: [13:22] My pleasure, anything else Shane?

Shane: [13:24] Nope.

I to spoke with a C&A rep this morning, via telephone. She confirmed that I would indeed earn the extra cruise credit during their Diamonds in December promotion :)

Here is part of the conversation:

Is there anything else I can do for you?

Shane: [13:18] Actually yes if you have time... I know that there is a Diamond Event in December and if you cruise in Dec you can earn an additional cruise credit according to travel agent flyer... Do I qualify for this since I'll be cruising in December, although I depart late November? Thanks

Deleated Name: [13:18] Let me check, I believe so.

[13:19] Yes, your sailing, the Explorer of the Seas, November 28, 2010, is the first sailing for the Explorer for the Diamonds in December promotion.

Shane: [13:20] And so even though I'm already booked, I'll still get an extra credit? so 4 total I guess? 2 for 12 nights, 1 for a suite and 1 for the Diamond event?

Deleated name: [13:21] That's correct, you should receive four credits total. There is no booking window to go by, you just have to sail in December.

Shane: [13:22] Great, Thanks

Deleated name: [13:22] My pleasure, anything else Shane?

Shane: [13:24] Nope.

What do you mean, "Nope"?!?!?!?

Why didn't you ask for an upgrade? A bottle of wine? A complimentary OBC???????????

;) :D

where do you access the live chat? I am sure it is right in front of me & I just have not noticed.

I don't see how to access an online chat with a rep. I only see how to phone or email.

Go to http://www.rccl.com

sign into the C and A section.......it will be on the right hand side.says CHAT ONLINE

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but just wanted to confirm. I will be diamond by the time December comes, still platinum right now so never heard of the D/D+ annual event until now. My question is, does the D/D+ event happen every year in December? Or does it happen other times too? Thanks! :)

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but just wanted to confirm. I will be diamond by the time December comes, still platinum right now so never heard of the D/D+ annual event until now. My question is, does the D/D+ event happen every year in December? Or does it happen other times too? Thanks! :)

So far just in December, this year and last year only.

###

Yesterday I (Diamond) booked a cruise that begins in November and ends in December. I specifically asked if I would gain an extra credit. I was told NO because the cruise began in November. Another example of C&A rep not getting the facts straight??????

Yesterday I (Diamond) booked a cruise that begins in November and ends in December. I specifically asked if I would gain an extra credit. I was told NO because the cruise began in November. Another example of C&A rep not getting the facts straight??????

Good Morning,

I would do a live chat on line with a C&A rep and print it (e-mail to yourself) after I finish the conversation. I'm sure once we all get really close to D+, they'll change it program around.

Happy sailing!

What ship and sailing date??

I understand

The Jewel cruise that ends on 12/3 and the Brilliance cruise that ends on 12/5 do not qualify

Here is a list of the ships with their last November cruise that will include December sail dates , and qualify for the Diamonds in December.

SHIP….............Nights…...Start Date…......End Date

Enchantment…...9….......11/27/2010…...12/6/2010

Oasis…..............7….......11/27/2010…...12/4/2010

Radiance….........5….......11/27/2010…...12/2/2010

Rhapsody…........7….......11/27/2010…...12/4/2010

Splendour….......15…......11/27/2010…...12/12/2010

Adventure…......14…......11/28/2010…...12/12/2010

Explorer….........12…......11/28/2010…...12/10/2010

Freedom….........4….......11/28/2010…...12/2/2010

Grandeur….........7….......11/28/2010…...12/5/2010

Liberty …...........4….......11/28/2010…...12/2/2010

Mariner…...........7….......11/28/2010…...12/5/2010

Serenade…........7….......11/28/2010…...12/5/2010

Voyager…..........7….......11/28/2010…...12/5/2010

Independence…..11.…...11/29/2010…...12/10/2010

Legend…............4…......11/29/2010…...12/3/2010

Majesty…...........4…......11/29/2010…...12/3/2010

Monarch…..........4…......11/29/2010…...12/3/2010

Navigator…........5…......11/29/2010…...12/4/2010

Vision…............14…......11/30/2010…...12/14/2010

These ships have cruises that start in December, and qualify.

Allure….............4….......12/1/2010….....12/5/2010

Jewel…............10…......12/3/2010….....12/13/2010

Brilliance....…...12…......12/5/2010….....12/17/2010

These cruises start in November, have sail dates in December, but DO NOT qualify for the benefits

Jewel…............10…......11/22/2010….....12/3/2010

Brilliance....…...12…......11/23/2010….....12/5/2010

P.S. I hope I got them all right.:)

The only two cruises that start in November and end in December, that don't qualify are two two highlighted in red in the above quote.

With all the hype about the extra cruise credit during the December promotion, I can clearly see why this is good for Diamond members, but can anyone explain how this is a benefit to existing D+ members, unless C&A intend to introduce another top tier soon.

With all the hype about the extra cruise credit during the December promotion, I can clearly see why this is good for Diamond members, but can anyone explain how this is a benefit to existing D+ members, unless C&A intend to introduce another top tier soon.

I can think of three reasons right away. The first one will be a great benefit for me and it will begin before the end of the year - reduced single supplement at 50 credits. The sooner the better!!

Secondly, there are free cruises at 100, 150, 200, etc. So, while the benefit is just for one cruise, it's still a nice benefit and there's nothing wrong with getting those free cruises a little earlier.

Finally, I am one of those who believe there will be a change in tiers but I also believe we will be grandfathered. I've made sure to get to the 50+ level before there are any changes announced.

The benefits increase at 50, 75 and 100 credits. That's why.

Taking advantage of the extra credit in December because it gets me to my 100th cruise credit sooner. RCI gives you a free cruise on your 100th (cruise credit) sailing.

When the FL residency popped up, we booked a cruise on Majesty for Dec 24th. First time we will be on the ship for Christmas and we are very excited.

Looking forward to the Diamond event again. We were on Monarch last year in Dec when they did it.

And I agree, with getting 2 credits, it is just once more push towards the 50 credit point!

Archived