Back-to-Back

jet3160

My dream is finally true!!! Back to back - Sept 5 /Sept 12-10 on Solstice.

What can I expect? Any suggestions?? I REALLY REALLY need to get away!! I am a single traveler - suggestions for excursions. Cruised before -best holiday ever!!!! Suggestions????

What can I expect? Any suggestions?? I REALLY REALLY need to get away!! I am a single traveler - suggestions for excursions. Cruised before -best holiday ever!!!! Suggestions????

Hi jet:), both of your sailings have active roll calls. I will be on the

Sept 5th cruise and also travel solo and I know there are at least

2 other solos on the cruise as well.

Please come say hello:)

As for excursions? That is dependent on what you like to do.....

Snorkeling, sightseeing, beachtime?

Our sailing is to the Eastern Caribbean and this trip I have

absolutely nothing planned:) relaxing is at the top of the list.

We did a B2B two years ago and actually had a roll call just for the B2B'ers. If I remember correctly, there were about 120 of us! It was so much fun!

Last September, we cruised to Bermuda. Seemed we were constantly meeting folks who were cruising as a single...at the pool, in the dining room, at the buffet, etc, one night at dinner (My Time Dining on RCCL) my husband and I was the only married couple at the table! I admired them so much for cruising single!

What can I expect?

Expect to have a big happy grin on your face the last night of the first cruise as you walk around seeing all those suitcases stacked up in the hallways and you realize that you don't need to pack at all and you get to stay on the ship to enjoy another cruise after all the others leave.

(But alas, eventually the time comes when your own suitcases are the ones stacked in the hallway and it is another back-to-back cruiser who is the one walking around with the big happy grin.)

You didn't say, but hope you have the same cabin for both weeks. If not, go back and make sure you do!!! It really makes all the difference in the world.;)

On that "Turn-around" day, you will be walked off the ship (with any other B2B'ers) and through customs and given your new seapass card. Then (around 10:30) you are back on the ship and have it aaaaaaaaall to yourselves. :cool:

If you are into getting great pictures, this is an ideal time to go around to all the public areas and get pictures without all those crowds.

We LOVED our B2B and now have another booked for next June - can't wait!

Hope This Helps.

For those who have done a B2B in two different cabins, how difficult was it to move everything? We have an FV corner for the second trip which was not available for the first but figured it was well worth moving to get it. Our first cabin is only about 5 cabins away so it's a short walk. We're hoping that everything does not have to be repacked and put somewhere until our new cabin is ready.

For those who have done a B2B in two different cabins, how difficult was it to move everything? We have an FV corner for the second trip which was not available for the first but figured it was well worth moving to get it. Our first cabin is only about 5 cabins away so it's a short walk. We're hoping that everything does not have to be repacked and put somewhere until our new cabin is ready.

Talk to both room stewards during the first half. They will move all you hanging things. You will have to pack up the rest. If your new steward is helpful, as most of them are, he will have your new room finished early, so that you can access it as soon as you are done with the b2b procedures, i.e. customs (whether or not you have to get off the ship - I've had it both ways).

Talk to both room stewards during the first half. They will move all you hanging things. You will have to pack up the rest. If your new steward is helpful, as most of them are, he will have your new room finished early, so that you can access it as soon as you are done with the b2b procedures, i.e. customs (whether or not you have to get off the ship - I've had it both ways).

Thank you for the information. I'm hoping that we will have the same room steward.

Okay - got a question.... If you are on a b2b and you were upgraded for the second leg from a 1B to a C2, what is the possibly of getting upgraded for the 1st leg since the prices have gone down for the 8/29 sailing. Also do I call Celebrity and see if there is anything they can do or do I need to contact my online TA? :confused:

Appreciate any feedback :D

radtech

Okay - got a question.... If you are on a b2b and you were upgraded for the second leg from a 1B to a C2, what is the possibly of getting upgraded for the 1st leg since the prices have gone down for the 8/29 sailing. Also do I call Celebrity and see if there is anything they can do or do I need to contact my online TA? :confused:

Appreciate any feedback :D

radtech

Hi:) if you booked through a Travel Agent they are the ones who have

to handle everything for you. If you call Celebrity? They will not help

you since your booking was through a TA.

Archived