Lunch closed on port days??

cjmbcruiser

I read somewhere online that Carnival cruises do not offer lunch on port days. Is this true??!

Thank you!

You might have read that the main dining room is closed on port days but you will find that the buffet area is always open to serve lunch to those cruisers who choose to stay on the ship when it is in port.

And you are quite welcome :p

So what would you suggest people do who choose not to go ashore?

He or she is suppose to come to Cruise Critic and hopefully find someone to help me out without the sassy comments and get the information he/she was looking for.

I read somewhere online that Carnival cruises do not offer lunch on port days. Is this true??!

Thank you!

They (and other cruise lines) will sometimes not have the main dining room open on port days, or perhaps have only a small section of the MDR open..

but other dining venues on board will be open, like the buffet, some of the smaller snack bar sorts of places.

Lots of people stay on board when the ship is in port..and don't starve. :p

You might have read that the main dining room is closed on port days but you will find that the buffet area is always open to serve lunch to those cruisers who choose to stay on the ship when it is in port.

And you are quite welcome :p

He or she is suppose to come to Cruise Critic and hopefully find someone to help me out without the sassy comments and get the information he/she was looking for.

Well he/she has come to the wrong place then.................

Lighten up!!!!

Every cruise ship has buffet line open everyday for lunch including any hamburger bars, pizza stations etc Some ships, some times, close Main Dining Room on port days lunch. You will definitely have plenty of food at lunch. :)

Thank you!

NOPE!!! There are many, many passengers who stay on board during port stops - others come & go all day long. The food service doesn't stop on any ship while in port! :)

Archived