Those Transfer Ladies with the Placards

Mysteryreader

We're bk'd on a NE/Canada cruise out of NY on 9/4. Dsil and her SO are flying into NY. They bk'd a flt that was supposed to get into LGA shortly after 11 am. They purchased transfers. AA has changed the flt times 3 tms (!!) , and now they're supposed to arrive around 2:30. The question is: how late are those reps with the placards ready to herd pax to the shuttles still hanging around?

(BTW, we discussed the worries about their flt tms and what if circumstances intervened mos ago. They said they'd rent a car and drive to the next port. So this isn't a plea for understanding if Princess has pulled its reps, but a true inquiry about the reps' hrs.)

M/R

Do they know that they can call American (or any airline) and inform them that the schedule change is not acceptable and get rebooked (at no change fee) to better times? 'Cause, really, 2:30 is just cutting it ridiculously close in New York.

Call AA and have them changed back to another flight. AA will/should do this at no charge, if there are earlier flights available. The only time that AA was unable to switch me to an earlier flight when they had moved my times around they offered me 5,000 air miles per ticket.

If AA is unable to put them on a flight that is acceptable to them (not AA), then AA is supposed to refund their money in full. I had to do this once with our flights. AA and Delta are two airlines that are famous for changing flight times and not informing the passengers.

Make sure they have their new flight information entered into their Cruise Personalizer under the Independent Flights section. This is the information that the Princess reps. in the baggage department go by. As people walk up to them, they find out their names & cross them off their list.

A little tip--please take the extra few seconds to type out the full words in your inquiry, I think you'll get better responses. (Unless you are a 13-year old texting during math class under the desk, then there is no hope for you.)

I'm not being snarky, I promise. I just chuckled over all the abbreviations and acronyms in your post. :D

Carry on...

There was someone on my roll call once who abbreviated like they were texting on a cell phone. Sometimes I had to ask my kids to crack the code. I must be getting better because I read Bk'd as booked and flt as flight without thinking about it.

OP - I vry rarely txt & undrstd yr pst cmptly:D

Add JetBlue to the list of carriers who change your flights willy-nilly.

I just call and tell them this is for a cruise and JB changes my flights right then and there with no extra cost. Sometimes you can get better flights for the same money:):)

Archived