Sail and Sign Card/Age Question

Sue909

Got a question....we leave in about 5 days and I was wondering if I changed my sons birthdate on the Sail and Sign Card would it mess me up with check in? Another words, I want my son (14) to be able to stay with my 15 year old and get into the teen club but I don't want to mess anything up. It's 15-17 for the teen club.

Sue

I am thinking the age discrepancy might well cause problems at check-in. Maybe you could talk with someone on the ship's staff when you board about the situation and maybe they would make an exception to the club age rule to allow the 14 year old to go in as long as he was with the 15 year old sibling. :confused:

If you don't do it... check in will not be scrutinized and it could have worked...

If you do... Lights and sirens would probably go off and who knows??? But I'm sure could plead ignorance and drop your chin to the floor and say -- "WHAT???"

Would I do it??? NOPE!!! I'd be be too obvious and probably admit I lied... :eek:

Got a question....we leave in about 5 days and I was wondering if I changed my sons birthdate on the Sail and Sign Card would it mess me up with check in? Another words, I want my son (14) to be able to stay with my 15 year old and get into the teen club but I don't want to mess anything up. It's 15-17 for the teen club.

Sue

It is impossible to do. You don't have any say in what age appears on your sons records, it is taken from either his birth certificate or passport, which ever one that you use.

Sue

yikes. how will you do that on the birth certificate since you booked and had to give a birthdate...that is the birthdate they will be looking at when you check in. Thats the birthdate they have in the camp.

If you want the kids together-- your 15 year old will need to move down in groups.

The camps are rather strict and is very easy to move down-very hard to move up.

I dont normally ask this type of question but --- is your 15 year old going to have to wait til the 14 year old is old enough to get a license?

I don't think it will work. You already supplied your child's age/birthday based on birth certificate/passport. It could cause some major issues on check-in.

Carnival is strict about the ages in the kids camp. Last year, my daughter was 2 months away from turning 12 and wanted to be in Circle C, not Camp Carnival. We were told it was not allowed, after they checked her age on a list. Funny thing is, on our cruise this year, my daughter was now officially 12 years old, signed up for Circle C and didn't spend a minute there!

We had no problem getting our dd's both in the O2 club, one was of age and one was a year younger. They dont have a problem with them going up a year but will NOT let someone older go down into the lower age bracket. As long as there arent a ton of kids in the O2 club there shouldnt be a problem.

. They dont have a problem with them going up a year but will NOT let someone older go down into the lower age bracket. .

This is so not true- you have a lot of kids out there that will not be able to function in older groups..

It is MUCh easier to move down--- then up

But it does matter how many kids are onboard. OP is cruising on a 5 day to canada- they will have a much easier time getting the 14 yer old to move up then someone going on acaribbean cruise as there will be less kids on this sailing.

We had no problem getting our dd's both in the O2 club, one was of age and one was a year younger. They dont have a problem with them going up a year but will NOT let someone older go down into the lower age bracket. As long as there arent a ton of kids in the O2 club there shouldnt be a problem.

I guess comparing your experience and mine, we can conclude that it depends on the staff on the specific sailing. The best thing to do is be honest about the age of your kid and ask nicely!:)

Archived